Premier League Discussion

I think gus hiddink would be a good appointment for Everton as he knows the game inside and out better than most managers in the game imo

We've tried experienced - Carlo Ancelotti

We've tried Dutch - Ronal Koeman

I think they need to go for some nerdy German next with a proper modern outlook on the game, seems to be working alright elsewhere!

Yeah I'm a blue and I won't be offended you thought so badly of me that I might be the other haha!

Martinez had his chance imo. He was going backwards in his three years managing us. He's done alright with Belgium though so he might get another shot. I think he'd be open to taking the job too.
Never knew you was a blue bud till you posted about going to be a tough call on managers position

Yeah I'm a blue and I won't be offended you thought so badly of me that I might be the other haha!

Martinez had his chance imo. He was going backwards in his three years managing us. He's done alright with Belgium though so he might get another shot. I think he'd be open to taking the job too.
Didn't know that mate. At least you ain't a red so that's a postove right there (y)

I don't think Martinez would do a good job personally. Still believe he is a tad overrated and nothing special and would likely go south not long after of him being appointed.

Didn't know that mate. At least you ain't a red so that's a postove right there (y)

I don't think Martinez would do a good job personally. Still believe he is a tad overrated and nothing special and would likely go south not long after of him being appointed.

Finished 5th in his first season but many put that down to his team still having David Moyes' defensive mindset to go with the attacking flair Martinez played with. Rapidly went downhill - he lost the dressing room as well as the fans by his third season.

Finished 5th in his first season but many put that down to his team still having David Moyes' defensive mindset to go with the attacking flair Martinez played with. Rapidly went downhill - he lost the dressing room as well as the fans by his third season.
He's done an OK job as Belgium national teams coach but again thst team has underachieved big time with the players they have.

Martinez is partly to blame for their performances as a whole and not winning enough big games.

He's done an OK job as Belgium national teams coach but again thst team has underachieved big time with the players they have.

Martinez is partly to blame for their performances as a whole and not winning enough big games.

Yeah he got them to number one ranked team in the world by beating teams like Belarus. They had a really talented generation of players come through and he couldn't win a trophy with them.

Yeah he got them to number one ranked team in the world by beating teams like Belarus. They had a really talented generation of players come through and he couldn't win a trophy with them.
Yep and no excuses whatsoever either.

That's why Everton potentially have him ready to take over the hot seat will be a big mistake.

Quite a few managers available and a couple of standout names also.
Available coaches (Detailed view)
But it's if Everton would want to try make a move there's always ole or lamps available but if was me I would try to get joachim low if he would fancy a crack in epl that's even if he would be tempted into club football
Or even Andrea villas boas although he wouldn't do better than benitez

I could see them going for Wayne Rooney, would be a popular choice with the fans, he is doing ok at Derby, considering their troubles of the pitch and their financial restraints, so it would be a no brainer for him if he gets the offer, ok it didnt work out too well for Chelsea, when they tried the same with Lampard, also recruiting him from Derby, but Rooney is an up and coming young manager, it would be interesting to see how he would do at Everton.

Personally think they shouldnt be taking risks on real unknowns like lampard and in partiuclar rooney as 18 months down the line they will likely be sacked with poor results, poor performances etc and the vicious cycle continues.

Need to think long and hard which direction they want to go in. The philsophy and tactical system they want to employ going forward.

Another Burnley game off although it was one that had already been rearranged. End of the season could be a bit frantic.

Looks like some teams are using Covid as an excuse to get games called off, when really, its injuries and suspensions that are the real reason, I thought that proof had to be given if players have tested positive for Covid, but this appears not to be the case.

Back