Premier League Discussion

Erik ten Hag: Manchester United appoint Ajax coach as next manager​

Manchester United have appointed Ajax coach Erik ten Hag as their next manager.

The Dutchman, 52, will take over from interim boss Ralf Rangnick at the end of this season on a three-year deal which can be extended by a year.
Rangnick, who replaced the sacked Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in November, is set to move into a consultancy role.

Ten Hag will become United's fifth permanent manager since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013.

"It is a great honour to be appointed manager of Manchester United and I am hugely excited by the challenge ahead," said Ten Hag.

"I know the history of this great club and the passion of the fans, and I am absolutely determined to develop a team capable of delivering the success they deserve."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61079115

We've seen this all before I think :LOL:

Last edited:
Mamoth job for him at united.

Don't envy him one bit but hope he can do something to turn around the mess that the club has been in for many years now.

Gonna need a lot of time to sort them out, dont think he is going to get it, at least 10 players need to be shown the door, and plenty of new players , quality ones at that, brought in, I dont think the new manager will be given the time he needs, but only time will tell, I think the current manager should be gone from the club too, not given another job in a consultancy role.

Gonna need a lot of time to sort them out, dont think he is going to get it, at least 10 players need to be shown the door, and plenty of new players , quality ones at that, brought in, I dont think the new manager will be given the time he needs, but only time will tell, I think the current manager should be gone from the club too, not given another job in a consultancy role.
I agree really odd they will keep the current manager in another role. Says it all how poorly run the club is.

Too much dead weight needs to be let go and hope they get rid of them.

In terms of new players they need not just quality but ones who are motivated and have the desire to play for the club and stick at it through the good but also bad periods.

Gabriel Jesus is in ‘very advanced talks’ with Arsenal over a transfer. All that is now needed is an ‘agreement with #ManCity’.

Postponed fixtures involving title rivals Manchester City and Liverpool have had new dates confirmed.

Man City's trip to Wolverhampton Wanderers, which was postponed due to the league leaders' FA Cup semi-final, has been scheduled for Wednesday 11 May.

Liverpool's participation in the FA Cup final on 14 May has led to their away match at Southampton, which had been due to take place that weekend, to move to Tuesday 17 May.

Both matches will be shown live on Sky Sports in the UK.

The Football Writers' Association has just named the winners of their Footballer of the Year awards for the 2021-22 season.

Liverpool's Egypt forward Mohamed Salah is the men's winner, while Chelsea's Australia forward Sam Kerr claims the women's trophy.

A few reports was circulating a couple of days ago that he had passed away but didn’t know how true it was until Joe posted

Mikel Arteta and Jonas Eidevall have signed new contracts with Arsenal until 2025 & 2024 respectively

Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger will join Real Madrid as a free agent this summer after signing a four-year contract, The Athletic understands.

The Germany international put pen to paper earlier today on a deal that runs until 2026 and will see him make the switch at the end of the current season, once his terms with the Premier League club expire.

Man City confirm £51m Erling Haaland deal

Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger will join Real Madrid as a free agent this summer after signing a four-year contract, The Athletic understands.

The Germany international put pen to paper earlier today on a deal that runs until 2026 and will see him make the switch at the end of the current season, once his terms with the Premier League club expire.

Man City confirm £51m Erling Haaland deal
That was over a week ago rudi announced he was leaving Chelsea for Real Madrid

wasnt he meant to be getting eyed up off someone else?
Dont know but Villa got him locked for a few years. Big boost for them going forward and some more signings in the some and bring more quality in could be fighting for europa league places next season.

Back