Premier League Discussion

Chelsea fans should enjoy the ride whilst it lasts. I see England making a mess of the World Cup, Southgate sidelined and the FA getting their man before the end of the Season. Brighton will miss Potter sorely but given the potential of the real big job that was on the horizon their fans can be re-assured that the club will already have been working away behind the scenes, maybe just not anticipating the shortened timescale.
For Potter himself its a great stepping stone in anticipation of the call.

Chelsea fans should enjoy the ride whilst it lasts. I see England making a mess of the World Cup, Southgate sidelined and the FA getting their man before the end of the Season. Brighton will miss Potter sorely but given the potential of the real big job that was on the horizon their fans can be re-assured that the club will already have been working away behind the scenes, maybe just not anticipating the shortened timescale.
For Potter himself its a great stepping stone in anticipation of the call.
I disagree I’m a Chelsea fan through and through and what ride is there to enjoy??? Potter isn’t the right choice for us at all as @pupuqiop has stated he’s never managed big players with big egos.
Bholey imo hasn’t a clue what he’s doing I can see us going backwards and not forwards it’s painful to say but it’s the truth.
There’s a lot better managers available poch for one he did amazing at spurs and tested in epl and champions league.
Zidane the only stumbling block would be the language barrier and he’s managed big players and has a good record may not be in the epl but in Spain and in champions league

I disagree I’m a Chelsea fan through and through and what ride is there to enjoy??? Potter isn’t the right choice for us at all as @pupuqiop has stated he’s never managed big players with big egos.
Bholey imo hasn’t a clue what he’s doing I can see us going backwards and not forwards it’s painful to say but it’s the truth.
There’s a lot better managers available poch for one he did amazing at spurs and tested in epl and champions league.
Zidane the only stumbling block would be the language barrier and he’s managed big players and has a good record may not be in the epl but in Spain and in champions league
Baz, given time Potter would show his ability to work with any player/ego, and bring out the best in even the top players. He is a master tactician and good grip on player phsycology. Chelseas problem is they will want immediate results which is not the Potter way. He will have a master plan and expect eveyone to stick with it through tough times whilst it gels.

Got to really feel for Billy Gilmour, spent years at Chelsea learning and progressing and finaslly realises he needs a manager who believes in giving young talent their opportunity, and POW that manager he needed has run in the other direction with Billy probably feeling left high and dry.

Got to really feel for Billy Gilmour, spent years at Chelsea learning and progressing and finaslly realises he needs a manager who believes in giving young talent their opportunity, and POW that manager he needed has run in the other direction with Billy probably feeling left high and dry.

Gilmour hasn't been getting a look in under Tuchel tbh.

He will have a master plan and expect eveyone to stick with it through tough times whilst it gels.

Chelsea managers don't get the luxury of time to implement ideas, if results aren't there then they're sacked.

Potter is a very good manager, and in my opinion will only get better, but he will need to be allowed to get on with the job, without much interference from the new board, something that I am not sure will happen, I do think the Chelsea board acted harshly in sacking Tuchel, after winning the champions league, euro super cup, world club trophy and reaching 2 back to back FA cup finals, 1 league cup final, in which they were unlucky to lose all 3. There are plenty of top players playing at Brighton now, thats down to Potter as when he first arrived, there was nowhere near as many, so it could turn out to be a great appointment for Chelsea, only time will tell, remember its not only them at the minute that are struggling, Liverpool, Leicester, Villa, Everton, West ham still have to really get going yet, but look at Man-Utd, 3 wins in a row and everything changes.

Baz, given time Potter would show his ability to work with any player/ego, and bring out the best in even the top players. He is a master tactician and good grip on player phsycology. Chelseas problem is they will want immediate results which is not the Potter way. He will have a master plan and expect eveyone to stick with it through tough times whilst it gels.
True bud
Gilmour did have opertunities with previous managers but not as many as we would’ve liked same with loftus cheek
Potter is a very good manager, and in my opinion will only get better, but he will need to be allowed to get on with the job, without much interference from the new board, something that I am not sure will happen, I do think the Chelsea board acted harshly in sacking Tuchel, after winning the champions league, euro super cup, world club trophy and reaching 2 back to back FA cup finals, 1 league cup final, in which they were unlucky to lose all 3. There are plenty of top players playing at Brighton now, thats down to Potter as when he first arrived, there was nowhere near as many, so it could turn out to be a great appointment for Chelsea, only time will tell, remember its not only them at the minute that are struggling, Liverpool, Leicester, Villa, Everton, West ham still have to really get going yet, but look at Man-Utd, 3 wins in a row and everything changes.
absaloutly agree with your comment tuchel has had a lot to deal with sanctions from government star players wanting to leave and the players brought in are no replacements at all imo how can you replace rudi who was solid in central defence and christanson same with alonso but imo chillwell is better.
We’ve let lukaku and Werner go on loan and no real striker who is proven sterling is more a winger.
I just find it really strange how our board has left our top negotiator left chech has left now tuchel gets sacked.
Bholey will want to do it his way and only time will tell if it works or not.
Look at poch he went from saints to spurs and transformed them hopefully potter can/will do the same for us don’t get me wrong Brighton has played some attractive football last season and this with limited star players (no disrespect there) hopefully produces the same for us

Newcastle United are working on a deal to bring in former Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius on a short-term contract.

Nick Pope is first-choice at St. James’ Park after joining from Burnley in the summer, but backup goalkeeper Karl Darlow has suffered an injury.

Martin Dubravka joined Manchester United on loan towards the end of the transfer window, despite Eddie Howe’s attempts to keep him, and the Slovakia international cannot be recalled until January.

As a result, Howe is bringing Karius in to provide competition to Pope. Darlow is not expected to be out long term, but is set for a spell on the sidelines.

Manchester United statement.

Following discussions with the relevant governing bodies and in line with guidance issued by the UK Government, we can confirm our UEFA Europa League fixture against FC Sheriff will take place as scheduled on Thursday evening in Moldova.

PSV statement (translated):

The Arsenal - PSV match is still postponed. UEFA reported this to PSV on Monday afternoon. Last weekend it seemed that the game would be played next Thursday, but the national authorities in Great Britain have decided that insufficient deployment of police personnel is possible due to the funeral services of the British Queen Elizabeth in London.

It is not yet known when the Europa League match will be made up. More information about this will follow
UEFA: "This is due to the severe limitations on police resources and organisational issues related to the ongoing events surrounding the national mourning for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

"A new date to be communicated in due course."
Will surely lead to either the EPL match against Manchester City on 19 October or the League Cup game against Brighton on 8 November being postponed to play it then
Must also raise serious doubts about the Premier League (and possibly EFL) games scheduled to be played in London over the weekend:

Tottenham v Leicester
Brentford v Arsenal
Chelsea v Liverpool
Apparently Chelsea's home UCL game against Salzburg on Wednesday is going ahead..... But not confirmed

7 matches will take place over the weekend - some with rearranged kickoffs
Postponed:

Brighton v Crystal Palace
Chelsea v Liverpool
Manchester United v Leeds
This weekend’s match schedule is:

Friday 16 September
20:00 Aston Villa v Southampton (Sky Sports)
20:00 Nott'ham Forest v Fulham

Saturday 17 September
12:30 Wolves v Man City (BT Sport)
15:00 Newcastle v Bournemouth
17:30 Spurs v Leicester (Sky Sports)

Sunday 18 September
12:00 Brentford v Arsenal (Sky Sports)
14:15 Everton v West Ham (Sky Sports)
Premier League statement

The Premier League has agreed with UEFA to postpone Arsenal’s Premier League match with Manchester City, originally due to be played on 19 October, to allow for Arsenal’s re-arranged UEFA Europa League match with PSV Eindhoven.

Arsenal v PSV Eindhoven, originally scheduled to be played on Thursday 15 September, will now be played on Thursday 20 October, 18:00.

A new date for the Arsenal v Manchester City fixture will be announced in due course.

Potter never been to champions league game.... tuchel won the chanpions league. ....

I think potter is good manager but don't see the logic in sacking tuchel
It seems the pressure is going to build quite fast unless things start going the other way.

1 Point in the CL, that turns the games against AC Milan as must winners. Drop out of the CL and that's and that's an instant big red cross.

Monumental money spent for Tuchel last month, even though Boehly is saying it's Todd's signings, that doesn't look to be the case. Big questions are going to be asked when your three new defenders racking up £170m don't look like they can keep a clean sheet.

So far it's looked like the new ownership have all the gear but no idea.

The only saving grace will be if these group of Chelsea players can finally humble themselves and let Potter coach them properly, there could be a massive improvement in playing style going forward.

If the wheels do fall off it's going to be quite the eye opener, I overheard they paid like £16m odd to get Potter from Brighton with a 60m 5 year deal.

It seems the pressure is going to build quite fast unless things start going the other way.

If the wheels do fall off it's going to be quite the eye opener, I overheard they paid like £16m odd to get Potter from Brighton with a 60m 5 year deal.

5 years manager stay at Chelsea? optimistic lol

Interesting what will happen with Aubameyang, he joined to be back with Tuchel.

Back