HD51 4K Problems mounting NAS, help required please.

It is a weird and quirky issue with some LNBs that I have seen over time. They work fine with one device, as soon as you have two devices sending commands to it, they exhibit the issue you just witnessed. The wideband section does not do the switching, so we can take that out of the equation.

I very much doubt your new cabling is at fault.

I appreciate that it is awkward to get to, but you could try and swap the port that the Freesat box is plugged into. If that port on LNB is faulty, you should be able to work with three working ones. The mutant will be fine with one signal wire. Just make sure tuner config for each tuner matches what is physically attached to it.
Many thanks for your explanation.

Getting to the dish is tricky, but could I perform the same experiment at the box end? If powering the Humax Freesat box off solved the problem on the Mutant, could I disconnect the cables from the Humax, one at a time to determine the port which is causing the issues?

I just had another thought :unsure: The only issue that I am noticing from the faulty LNB is the loss of EPG data on the Sky bouquet (obviously there are other channels missing, but I've not been inconvenienced by that yet.)
May be I could swap the two Mutant Cables with the two Humax Cables, I assume the Humax would still be able to access it's Freesat EPG and the Mutant might be able to access the Sky EPG.

What do you think?

Yes, you can do the test at ground level. Label your wires so that you know which is which. Otherwise, you will go round in circles.

Yes, you can do the test at ground level. Label your wires so that you know which is which. Otherwise, you will go round in circles.
OK after a marathon swapping session I have discovered it's nothing to do with which cable is connected to which RF input, every way that I connect the cables works until I connect a cable into Sat Input 2 on the Humax.
As soon as I plug anything into input 2 on the Humax the Signal on 11778 disappears from the Mutant, if I unplug it the signal instantly comes back.
That leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the Humax.

I've done a post on a couple of Humax forums about my issue, but not had a sensible answer yet so I'm not sure what to do next.
I've just read about Rytec which I believe is an alternative way of getting EPG data, could I use Rytec to circumnavigate my problem, bearing in mind that it is my intention (when Sky has gone) to change my LNB to a Unicable Hybrid and change my Mutant for a machine with FBC tuners.

Yes you can use rytec for epg. If not already installed menu, plugins green to install plugins, extensions. Install epg importer and reboot box.

Menu, plugins goto epg importer then blue for sources. Choose all the sky UK apart from Sky2 (Dead on sat) green to save.

Choose yellow for manual import the setup auto import and a time to suit you.

Yes you can use rytec for epg. If not already installed menu, plugins green to install plugins, extensions. Install epg importer and reboot box.

Menu, plugins goto epg importer then blue for sources. Choose all the sky UK apart from Sky2 (Dead on sat) green to save.

Choose yellow for manual import the setup auto import and a time to suit you.
@dsayers2014 ,first time I have heard not to select Sky2 (Dead on sat) is there specific reason ? . Normal info I have read before was select all uk rytec sources.

@dsayers2014 ,first time I have heard not to select Sky2 (Dead on sat) is there specific reason ? . Normal info I have read before was select all uk rytec sources.
Looking at his posts he doesn't need epg for dead channels. The whole idea of rytec having separate sections is to avoid downloading un needed epg. It probably helps servers bandwidth aswel.

Looking at his posts he doesn't need epg for dead channels. The whole idea of rytec having separate sections is to avoid downloading un needed epg. It probably helps servers bandwidth aswel.
Thanks may sound stupid but I did not realise that Sky2 (Dead on sat) was exactly that, epg for dead channels.

You really should start a different thread for a different topics/issues. It helps other people with the same problem.
Sorry, I can see exactly what you mean. All these issues seemed to follow on from each other but I'll definitely try to start new threads as the subject changes in the future.

Hi Guys.
I would like to say thankyou to each and everyone of you who have tried to guide this numpty through the setting up of my Mutant HD51
I'm sorry to admit that I have bitten off more than I can chew, and despite all of your help I am going to sell the Mutant, it's just a bit to clever for me.
I apologise if I have wasted your time and I would like to say that I have enjoyed interacting with you, EVERYONE has been extremely helpful.
Thanks again,

Paul

Back