HD51 4K Problems mounting NAS, help required please.

Sorry, I couldn't find automatic.
I did a google search and it said the EPG data was on frequency 11778 V 27500 2/3 so I did a signal scan but got nothing from tuner A or Tuner B
zero signal.jpg

When I do the "normal" signal scan I get 89% and that's the same on tuner A or tuner B
89 percent.jpg

I also went back and rebooted from my first slot but that was exactly the same, so as you can see I'm back to the amazing Willobuild, but still very confused as to how I managed to "break" it, when all I can remember doing is adding an extra cable to connect the second tuner.

2nd line down where it says 28.2 astra and change both to automatic
Found it but...
The scan went through a few satellites then stopped with the message "not connected"
I did the same on tuner b and it did the same.
When I go back out to the Tuner Setup screen, they both now say "not configured"

2nd line down where it says 28.2 astra and change both to automatic
I've just remembered that you told me about backups some time ago and I made a backup just after I had got Willobuild working.
I've just re-loaded that backup and my EPG is back. (y)(y)(y)
I'm scared to try and change it now, In case I break it again.
Your arrangement was very comprehensive but my wife wants a simple life, just Sky on the EPG (so she knows the channel numbers) and we need it set to our region.
That's all I was doing.

MENU > SETUP > TUNERS & SCANNING > SIGNAL FINDER (Use left/right buttons to change tuner)

Do you have a signal on each tuner?

1659982449812.png

1659982481445.png

What do you mean 'Just Sky', is it set up as FreeSat as well? I can't remember what my default bouquets are :unsure:

Anyway go to MENU > SETUP > TUNERS & SCANNING > AUTOBOUQUETSMAKER > PROVIDERS

On the 'Region' part change using left/right to whatever your region is. (I always use the SD option)
Mark 'FTA only' as yes or you will get a load of scrambled Sky channels that you can't watch.
It's up to you if you want to enable the sections & HD bouquets (HD only, Entertainment, Sports, Movies etc)
Set 'Swap Channels' to yes if you want the HD versions of channels 1 - 5 to be the HD versions.

If you don't want to see the last scanned and favourites bouquets go into the 'configure' option and change 'Keep all non-ABM bouquets' to no.

When you've done press green to save and then rescan to make changes.

What do you mean 'Just Sky', is it set up as FreeSat as well? I can't remember what my default bouquets are :unsure:

Your defaults are amazing, very comprehensive, but just a bit too much for my wife:-

Freesat:-
All Channels, Entertainment, News and Sport, Movies, Music, Children, Radio, Shopping, Regional, HD Channels
Sky:-
All Channels, Entertainment, Plus 1, Movies, Sports, News, Kids, Music, Shopping, International, Regional, HD Channels

Then Last Scanned and Favourites.

As I said, very comprehensive (I think you just said YES to everything) :smiley:

Anyway go to MENU > SETUP > TUNERS & SCANNING > AUTOBOUQUETSMAKER > PROVIDERS

On the 'Region' part change using left/right to whatever your region is. (I always use the SD option)
Mark 'FTA only' as yes or you will get a load of scrambled Sky channels that you can't watch.
It's up to you if you want to enable the sections & HD bouquets (HD only, Entertainment, Sports, Movies etc)
Set 'Swap Channels' to yes if you want the HD versions of channels 1 - 5 to be the HD versions.

If you don't want to see the last scanned and favourites bouquets go into the 'configure' option and change 'Keep all non-ABM bouquets' to no.

When you've done press green to save and then rescan to make changes.
I'm pretty sure that this is what I did when I broke it, but I'll do another save and then give it another try🤞

You can also hide complete sections of the bouquets if you like:

1660059561084.png

1660059607141.png

At home I don't create any bouquets with ABM and just have my own favourites list.

1660059787824.png

Once I've got Sky sorted out, I'd like to add some channels to favourite, but I haven't researched how to do that yet.

Sorry to report, I've just tried it again and it won't work on Sky, failing with Tuning failed! error message.

So I added Freesat as a provider and removed Sky and it worked perfectly.:confounded:

Swapped it back to Sky and I get my usual error message:-
1) tuning failed.jpg

If I disconnect the cable from Tuner B I still get the same error message but it says Tuner A, where it said Tuner B.

Sorry to report, I've just tried it again and it won't work on Sky, failing with Tuning failed! error message.

So I added Freesat as a provider and removed Sky and it worked perfectly.:confounded:

Swapped it back to Sky and I get my usual error message:-
View attachment 79095

If I disconnect the cable from Tuner B I still get the same error message but it says Tuner A, where it said Tuner B.

That frequency is not listed on Lyngsat

Astra 2E/2F/2G at 28.2°E - LyngSat

I think this may be one for @Abu Baniaz

Could I have my LNB settings wrong.
I've played around with so many settings I can't remember what's what.

This is what I have now:-
1) tuner.jpg

This is a dish/LNB issue and needs to be resolved.

Where do I start?
As far as I know nothing has changed, the dish is still pointing the same direction as it has for years.
I suppose I might have mucked up the LNB skew when I connected a new cable recently, but I get pretty good signal strength readings on all three of my boxes (Sky Q, Humax Freesat and the mutant).

If your tuner config was wrong, ABM would not work for Freesat either.

Do not use ABM for now, instead perform a manual scan, single satellite, choose tuner B. If you do not get over 850 services, it is confirmation that there is a hardware fault. Please respond back with the number of services/channels you get.

Note: You have posted pictures of tuner config without saying what is attached to it. Software config must match hardware.

Back