HD51 4K Problems mounting NAS, help required please.

P.S. Signal finder reports a good signal on both LNBs

A lot of people use this to discount an issue. When you check signal finder, you are checking one transponder. Just because one is perfect, it does not mean others are fine.

For example.
1. If someone in Germany can receive a transponder on 28.2 with UK channels, if they assume they can receiver all of the UK ones, they would be wrong. Some are on a narrow spot beam and can only be received in the UK
2. If someone has a faulty LNB that cant receive vertical transmissions, if they check a horizontal one, they will have perfect signal on that . But none on vertical ones.

Are you not going to perform a manual scan?
SORRY! Somehow I completely missed message #60

I'll do a manual scan on Tuner B and report the result.

My LNB is a Sky supplied and fitted Hybrid, two ports for Sky Q and four ports which I use for my Humax Freesat box and my Mutant HD51
I can confirm that the issue is not related to Willobuild as I rebooted to slot 1 on my Mutant which is plain Openvix 6.2.008 and the problem still occurs.

Do not use ABM for now, instead perform a manual scan, single satellite, choose tuner B. If you do not get over 850 services, it is confirmation that there is a hardware fault. Please respond back with the number of services/channels you get.
I've just performed a Manual Scan exactly as you suggested and it reports that 715 channels were found. Looks like I've got a problem. :cry:

There are two possibilities, minor alignment or faulty LNB.

Alignment:
If you don't have a meter, in signal finder select the troublesome transponder, put your assistant in front of TV with clear instructions on feedback to give to you, go to dish and gently press on one edge at a time. If signal increases, you will have to slacken dish and tweak it a bit.

There are apps on phones to show your signal.

Faulty LNB:
Switch off all other devices connected to LNB (not just standby). Repeat the scan on receiver.

My assistant was busy but I used the "Alfred" android app to send the screen to my phone while I wiggled.
But it started at Zero and remained at zero whatever I did.

1.jpg

I think I have all the settings correct, looks to me like something is very wrong.
I just don't understand how I can receive 715 channels but not this one.

My assistant was busy but I used the "Alfred" android app to send the screen to my phone while I wiggled.
But it started at Zero and remained at zero whatever I did.

View attachment 79113

I think I have all the settings correct, looks to me like something is very wrong.
I just don't understand how I can receive 715 channels but not this one.
Select another frequency with a signal and work from there.

Use the predefined transponder instead of user defined. Pressing right/left goes through them. The recordings/list button will open the list.

Unfortunately I got the same result with a pre-defined transponder.

2.jpg

I'll try turning the other boxes off tomorrow, we have friends coming round shortly.

Unfortunately I got the same result with a pre-defined transponder.

View attachment 79118

I'll try turning the other boxes off tomorrow, we have friends coming round shortly.
On 2 of your pics ive noticed its vertical transponders with no signal, try some more vertical transponders under the predefined option if the majority are showing no signal it will be the LNB.

Faulty LNB:
Switch off all other devices connected to LNB (not just standby). Repeat the scan on receiver.
This morning I set my Mutant on Signal Finder at 11778 and got no signal (as usual)
I turned off the power to my Sky Q box, still no signal on the Mutant .
I turned off the power to my Humax Freesat box....................................................................BOOM!!

Signal Finder Burst into life on the Mutant and I had a strong signal.

So I powered up the Sky Box, still got signal.
Powered up the Humax and the Signal on the Mutant has gone.

I'm guessing that means a duff LNB

This morning I set my Mutant on Signal Finder at 11778 and got no signal (as usual)
I turned off the power to my Sky Q box, still no signal on the Mutant .
I turned off the power to my Humax Freesat box....................................................................BOOM!!

Signal Finder Burst into life on the Mutant and I had a strong signal.

So I powered up the Sky Box, still got signal.
Powered up the Humax and the Signal on the Mutant has gone.

I'm guessing that means a duff LNB
Or a connection to it has a short, but more probably the LNB but check the f connectors.

Or a connection to it has a short, but more probably the LNB but check the f connectors.
The Freesat box has been there for ages, so do you think I only need to check the new cables going to the Mutant?
The only reason I ask is that it is a pain to reach the LNB, so I was trying to keep the work up there to a minimum.

Are you using any splitters? Sorry to ask.
No Problem :smiley:
No Splitters, just 6 independent cables from the 6 separate ports on the LNB to the 6 inputs on the three boxes.
It was a bit of a shock to see the Signal appear as I disconnected the Freesat Box, I don't understand how that could happen.

This message has been reported.
It is a weird and quirky issue with some LNBs that I have seen over time. They work fine with one device, as soon as you have two devices sending commands to it, they exhibit the issue you just witnessed. The wideband section does not do the switching, so we can take that out of the equation.

I very much doubt your new cabling is at fault.

I appreciate that it is awkward to get to, but you could try and swap the port that the Freesat box is plugged into. If that port on LNB is faulty, you should be able to work with three working ones. The mutant will be fine with one signal wire. Just make sure tuner config for each tuner matches what is physically attached to it.

Back