Problems Recording IPTV.

doesnt it depend on how many connections you have? if say 2 and recording 1 but you have the other connection on another device, you would only beable to watch what is recording?
Normally if I'm recording on one box the other box is off, I make sure I only use two connections at any one time. When I'm not recording I have two separate boxes running.

Normally if I'm recording on one box the other box is off, I make sure I only use two connections at any one time. When I'm not recording I have two separate boxes running.
you still need two connections on one box if trying to record and watch another iptv channel.

you still need two connections on one box if trying to record and watch another iptv channel.
if you have a multiroom sub and normally use it on 2 devices, then turning one off or making sure it's not streaming then the box should be able to record while watching another. You don't need two separate subs on the one box.

if you have a multiroom sub and normally use it on 2 devices, then turning one off or making sure it's not streaming then the box should be able to record while watching another. You don't need two separate subs on the one box.
Well thats a first as far as I know, anytime when I did try to record live streams and watch another from same provider I always used one of my multiroom subscriptions. Same was always advised if wanting to use multiscreen on iptv smarters but I never tried that.

Well thats a first as far as I know, anytime when I did try to record live streams and watch another from same provider I always used one of my multiroom subscriptions. Same was always advised if wanting to use multiscreen on iptv smarters but I never tried that.
It depends on the provider urie. Different settings can be changed on the master panel

That is what grog said, use a multiroom line but make sure no other devices are also using it

That is what grog said, use a multiroom line but make sure no other devices are also using it
Yes n no tho as u can't ip lock because most isps don't do static ip so it changes. so u lock with the useragent on player.if 2nd connection hasn't been shutdown fully then will course the issue.all depends how supplier is set up tho

A multiroom sub is a single sub that allows multiple connections using the same user credentials

If you're using two different username/passwords then that is two seperate subs, each allowing just one connection.

You would not be able to watch and record a channel in the same app with two different IPTV accounts as above it has to be a multiroom or a multiple connection account.

You would not be able to watch and record a channel in the same app with two different IPTV accounts as above it has to be a multiroom or a multiple connection account.
Not completely the case, I you use an editor to merge playlists you can simultaneously access both subs within the one app

Not completely the case, I you use an editor to merge playlists you can simultaneously access both subs within the one app
thats all good if as a user u know how and are able to use editor ,if not then your stumped unless your supplier can do it for you,most end users , just get told to hit import on editor so dont have accsess to do what u mentioned.

Reactions: spc
Re recording and watching stream at same time on E2, even with a multiroom sub its not always possible as some older boxes do not do, or like doing, multi stream.

Not completely the case, I you use an editor to merge playlists you can simultaneously access both subs within the one

I guess that is true in the case of an e2 box. But you say within one app if you have a XC Login or a harcoded app could you explain how to do that without a M3u ?

I guess that is true in the case of an e2 box. But you say within one app if you have a XC Login or a harcoded app could you explain how to do that without a M3u ?
If you have XC login details (and provider does not block editors) then no problem using an editor. And yes its impossible with hard coded app, as thats tied to one provider

If you have XC login details (and provider does not block editors) then no problem using an editor. And yes its impossible with hard coded app, as thats tied to one provider
Mine 100% blocks then, thanks for the in depth tutorial though :expressionless:

A multiroom sub is a single sub that allows multiple connections using the same user credentials

If you're using two different username/passwords then that is two seperate subs, each allowing just one connection.
Not two different subs but multiroom 1 sub multiple connections thats what I meant.

correct I have tried it with iptveditor you can combine multiple playlists but that was not the discussion :smiley:

So my provider has moved panel and since he's done that I no longer have the issue I mentioned. I can record one channel and watch another channel on the same box, and I can keep changing channels on the same box without the recording getting kicked/restarted.

Apologies for jumping on, just trying to understand, So you can record on a single line? But you must record the same channel your watching?
Or
You either use additional lines or multiroom?
Is it provider specific to how many recordings you can record via mutiroom?
Thanks in Advance

Back