Problems Recording IPTV.

Apologies for jumping on, just trying to understand, So you can record on a single line? But you must record the same channel your watching?
Or
You either use additional lines or multiroom?
Is it provider specific to how many recordings you can record via mutiroom?
Thanks in Advance
normally with a multiroom you state and pay for the number of connections you want, ie if you wanted to run 3 devices at the same address, or on a single device watch one and record 2 more then you would need to have a multiroom sub for 3 connections.

If you record it uses a connection, if you watch something it uses a connection, so you pay for the connections you want.

Personally I wouldn't record iptv as it's not reliable, slow connection to server, even for a minute could cause the recording to stop etc, imagine being 1:45 into a 2 hour film and find it then stopped recording. Better of using the catchup service provided by the provider.

normally with a multiroom you state and pay for the number of connections you want, ie if you wanted to run 3 devices at the same address, or on a single device watch one and record 2 more then you would need to have a multiroom sub for 3 connections.

If you record it uses a connection, if you watch something it uses a connection, so you pay for the connections you want.

Personally I wouldn't record iptv as it's not reliable, slow connection to server, even for a minute could cause the recording to stop etc, imagine being 1:45 into a 2 hour film and find it then stopped recording. Better of using the catchup service provided by the provider.
Thanks Grog
Cleared things up a little for me, appreciate it.

Apologies for jumping on, just trying to understand, So you can record on a single line? But you must record the same channel your watching?
Or
You either use additional lines or multiroom?
Is it provider specific to how many recordings you can record via mutiroom?
Thanks in Advance
yes if u want to record + watch something else u need a multiroom connection on the sub ur using as you r using 2 connections by recording 1 + watching the other ,some supplier have 2 ,3 ,4 connections myself deopped to 2 due to divvies hacking,leaking lines and its safer for end user + supplier

Hi there,

Sorry for resurrecting an old post.

I am looking for some help with merging accounts.
Unfortunately, as I am new to IPTV I wrongly ( thinking it was the same thing ) signed up with a provider who didn't provide multi connections, but instead sold me 3 individual ( one connection ) accounts.
The 3 connections are distributed across 3 devices meaning one connection on each.

Is there any way to merge those accounts somehow?
I realise that I would always only have 3 connections, but I am basically trying to be able to watch TV and record at the same time - hence the need to merge so that I don't have to flick between accounts or devices to watch / record.

Is it achievable with any software like Xtreme editor or IPTV editor for example?

Thank you so much

If using enigma2 you can edit your own bouquets with Notepad++ providing you don't overwrite them by updating.

Patrick, you could use a playlist editor to create (edit out all the rubbish) and merge your 3 live tv playlists into one. Then prefix the playlists A-, B-, C-,. That way you can then use the merged playlist for live tv and use A- for watching, B- for recording and C- for anything else i.e multiscreen

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.
Sorry, forgot to mention that I am on Firestick 4kmax with TiVimate.
that is the limitations of android you need to log in to individual account.
with enigma2 device you can add multiple playlists from same provider and play one stream and record another from same provider but under different account , as mentioned your only other option is to use an editor and you can merge playlists.

Back