Recommendation for a new Box (replacing zgemma h2h)

What do you need, single tuner, twin tuner, combo (sat / cable / Terrestrial) ?

What is the max budget you want to spend.

a combo or 2 sat 1 terrestial. about 150 and easy to take dump of as will be getting 5 and hoping to flash 1 and put dump on others?

Amiko Viper 4K v40 twin £90
Gigablue UHD Trio 4K (combo, 1sat 1 cable/t2) £99
Gigablue UHD IP 4K + optional twin tuner or dvb-c/t2 tuner but not both (not sure of uk cost, but it's cheap)
Octagon SF8008 (combo as above or twin) £99 - £109
Pulse 4K / AX HD61 (same box) £169

All the above are Hisilicon boxes so will run netflix plugin.

Edision OS Mio+ 4K 1 dvbs2x, 1dvb-s2, 1 dvb-c/t2 £150 (broadcom chipset so no netflix plugin).
H7S 2x dvb-s2x + 1x dvb-c/t2 (prices vary as stock is low (broadcom chipset so no netflix plugin).

Can't think of any others in that price range, but the above should give you plenty of options.

Personally I would go for the Pulse4K / HD61

I think the sponsor on here has stock of the H7 for £135 (not sure they will have 5 though) they were around £100 though iirc.
thanks and how is open atv and sky skin added and can xe be added for ip? and oscam be added?
to Pulse4K / HD61 thank

I haven't really been on this scene since getting a duel sat tuner zgemma box during the cardsharing days. The zgemma boxes are collecting dust on a shelf.

Nowadays I have a droix x3 android box with S Skey TV IPTV sub, Netflix and prime.

I assume you can only get Freeview from satellite/cable now through any of these boxes still?

Is there any reason for me to change from what I have?(I only have it for my caravan, I subscribe to virgin in the house)

I got a text from a friend asking if I knew anything about zgemma IP boxes with slyk. Truth be told I don't, can anyone explain it to relay the information?

Thanks

I haven't really been on this scene since getting a duel sat tuner zgemma box during the cardsharing days. The zgemma boxes are collecting dust on a shelf.

Nowadays I have a droix x3 android box with S Skey TV IPTV sub, Netflix and prime.

I assume you can only get Freeview from satellite/cable now through any of these boxes still?

Is there any reason for me to change from what I have?(I only have it for my caravan, I subscribe to virgin in the house)

I got a text from a friend asking if I knew anything about zgemma IP boxes with slyk. Truth be told I don't, can anyone explain it to relay the information?

Thanks
Are you referring to the Zgemma i55 Plus ? These are probably referred to as IP boxes. Pretty low spec these days with only 1gb ram. The slyk is only a skin as these run enigma 2. Your better off with budget Android boxes or the Max firestick.

Last edited:
i was looking at getting another enigma2 box just to have a play around with not something too expensive would a zgemma H11S suffice

Last edited:
i was looking at getting another enigma2 box just to have a play around with not something too expensive would these suffice
Box spec

Amazing value and spec 4K UHD receiver from Zgemma boasting blazing fast performance and S2X tuner, this is the latest 2022 model from Zgemma, H11S with 1GB RAM + 16GB FLASH. S2X tuner supports Multi-Stream and Blind Scan. Based on a Hisilicon Quad Core 1.5Ghz Arm CPU, 16GB NAND flash and 1GB DDR3 Ram. Hdmi Version 2.0, 1x USB ports located to the rear (1x USB2.0) and Micro SD Card slot allow for USB external devices and storage. Support for H.265 HEVC video decoding. The H11S also benefits from Multi-Transcoding.

Last edited:
I've bought the H11S - trying to make my mind up on it at the minute. Seems a decent box, getting a few glitches using it in Vix client mode but think that's network related rather than the box itself.

My house is not the best for Powerline connectivity so now considering whether the 8008 would have been better with the built in WiFi. Needed a small box for the kitchen though

My house is not the best for Powerline connectivity so now considering whether the 8008 would have been better with the built in WiFi. Needed a small box for the kitchen though
invest in a mesh system wifi sorted and you can still connect via ethernet to the one of the mesh system pods if in area.

Back