Remotely change Portal URL with redirects?

ABMSAT

Registered
Hi TK,

Basically I have quite a number of personal customers that have MAG devices, and with IPTV a portal URL can need to change quite often, I am wondering if instead of going to each house/box to change the portal URL for the ones who cannot do this, or struggle to learn tech can I do this remotely?

I have tried creating a bitlink, preloading this link into the portal URL then changing the direction of the bitlink, so the customer just presses the same portal URL, but at my end I have redirected it to a new server/server end URL. BUTt unfortunately you can't edit bitlinks.

Any help appreciated.

Mike361

Registered
Why not setup a DNS name then it would only needs changed on your side.

This would still mean they would all have to change the portal to your DNS name.

ABMSAT

Registered
Hey buddy,

Sign upto https://www.noip.com/ once signed up create a dns name/hostname and then point it to the A record of your suppliers mag portal.

Hi mate, worked perfectly that mate, thanks alot. One question though, when I put my DNS to portal URL i have to put the port at the end, for example: mynewdns.dns:8080/c/

Obviously if the mag portal was to change then the port would to right? and this would have to then be changed on each mag box, undoing the whole reasoning behind this idea.. Would you maybe have a way to work around this?

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Mike361

Registered
I have never heard of any supplier using a differant port if i am honest.

I wouldn't worry about it fella.

Mike