Resting my new Gigablue UE

Billy315

TK Supporter
Resting my Gigablue as I have had problems.

When I got the new 40mm and added it to my 65mm Sly dish last week and used the new unicable . I used the original cable and used the new splitters on to my freesat box to check it. Through the usual check up on freesat box. It gave 90% on the first one but less than 50% on the second. Only the voice came through so changed to one cable and it records only 2 programmes once the box is turned off. It used to record 4 channels with two cables, only 3 while watching tv.

Gigablue gives 8 record channels so freesat gives us a bigger choice instead of argument.

I got the more expensive unicable as I intend to send a cable to the bedroom for zgemma.

Help is needed from the forum.

Why is there problem with sly dish to Freesat and fault with recording?

Just want to get my Gigablue working to it's best.

No problem here here with a Gigablue UHD 4k and unicable. You just need to set the tuners up correctly.

Unicable

Have you set the tuners up to use a unicable lnb on your freesat box?

I put the cable into one of the the three legacy rather than the dCSS output.

Is this a mistake?

I checked your unicable section.

The legacy ports act just the same as standard universal lnb ports. You need a cable from each port to each tuner and you can't use a splitter on them.
Unicable has a single cable that can go into a splitter to feed numerous boxes or just a single cable to an FBC tuner which will allow you to use all of the leaf tuners independently.
The root tuner is the actual physical tuner and the leaf ones are the virtual ones.

The legacy ports act just the same as standard universal lnb ports. You need a cable from each port to each tuner and you can't use a splitter on them.
Unicable has a single cable that can go into a splitter to feed numerous boxes or just a single cable to an FBC tuner which will allow you to use all of the leaf tuners independently.
The root tuner is the actual physical tuner and the leaf ones are the virtual ones.
I will change from Legacy to an FBC tuner (dCSS) on my unicable tomorrow.

Thanks

Did you download and read the english manual wos sent you as posted in your other thread?
I downloaded the manual but was a bit miffed when I had the problem with the freesat so I just let it sit under the tv.

Will set it up tomorrow with the manual's help.

Thanks

a IMG_20210526_092248 (1).jpgb IMG_20210526_092307.jpga IMG_20210526_092248 (1).jpgb IMG_20210526_092307.jpgc IMG_20210526_092301.jpgd IMG_20210526_092415.jpge IMG_20210526_092425.jpgf IMG_20210526_092616.jpgupload_2018-9-18_16-22-12 unicable.pngh IMG_20210526_104441_2.jpg😊😊😊😁😁😁👍👍👍

Set it up yesterday following the info, it took a long time on garage and window to drill and secure.
Cable from dish into lounge.
Bedroom cable set up awaiting Zgemma connection.
Neighbour drilled through outside wall for me and pushed cables as an engineer would.
Joined to 4 x splitter one cable to Gigablue, other cable back outside to bedroom.
Before it reached Gigablue it was set up at another 4 x splitter two for Gigablue connections. One cable ran to 2 x splitter for Freesat connection.
Everything connected and i used Gigablue through memory trying to download programmes. Nothing seemed to work so i moved to Freesat downloading programmes nothing worked.
I felt really down all that work and nothing😢😢😢😭😭😭😭
Unplugged Gigablue yesterday evening.
Turned it on expecting nothing to happen but it was showing programmes. 😁😁😁😁😁
Thanks guys for your help.👍👍👍
I wonder why it took so long to start working?

If that's your main box I would have just used 1 to 8 to avoid confusion. It doesn't make any difference though, so long as each tuner has a different scr number.

Hi Willo3092
I am trying to set up gigablue channels on Favourite. It is difficult to find BBC Scotland then the rest of the usual channels in a row.
Do you think I should use Willobuild?

I managed to record a few channels last night but it did not allow more than two at the same time.

Flash my build to partition 2 or 3 and then you still have ATV to fall back on.
I don't use the favourites bouquet to be honest. I use favourites.xml in AutoBouquetsMaker to create my own channel lists.
If your tuners are set up correctly then you should be able to record lots at once.
I think I read on WoS that someone managed to record 30 channels at once because a lot were on the same transponder.

I don't use the favourites bouquet to be honest. I use favourites.xml in AutoBouquetsMaker to create my own channel lists.
If your tuners are set up correctly then you should be able to record lots at once.
I think I read on WoS that someone managed to record 30 channels at once because a lot were on the same transponder.
30 channels that must be a record :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Give it a try tomorrow and let you know.

I got to ten recording at once on my new gigablue uhd quad 4k just trying fbc tuners and only one sat cable connected to tuner A now using unicable lnb.

Would really like to get SAT>IP working if possible tried zgemma h9 combo as client but can't seem to get it going read elseware problem with arm boxes and SAT>IP. Just learning here guys do I need a dedicated SAT>ip box for client ?

Back to using Gigablue ue, Can you give me more details on how to get started again please. I am the kind of person who would start at page 30 quickly move to 46, 54, 9, 11, the 83 and then scratch my head.

On OpenATV with unicable the tuners are set up differently to VIX I have only once tuner A connected at the moment.

Also I don't know if changing settings in Menu> Setup> Usage & User Interface>Cusromise

Attachments

• Tuner-A.jpg
    Tuner-A.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Tuner-B.jpg
    Tuner-B.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Tuner-C.jpg
    Tuner-C.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Tuner-D.jpg
    Tuner-D.jpg