Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

I say not just VM but all types of companies selling you all types of products and services are scummy and dirt bags who only care about greed even in this pandemic.

Am hesitant now with what's been said with not getting full discount for 18 month new contract.

Gona cancel and see what happens and will double check if indeed loyalty discount will only be for few months and not 18 months.
I agree @channelking with a passion. And by the way, you only have to be away from Virgin for 30 days and then you become a New Customer when you return (it used to be 6 months) it is ludacris, why don't they just offer loyal customers great deals in the 1st place, surely that would attract more customers and those already customers to stay!! It really grips my S$*t

I agree @channelking with a passion. And by the way, you only have to be away from Virgin for 30 days and then you become a New Customer when you return (it used to be 6 months) it is ludacris, why don't they just offer loyal customers great deals in the 1st place, surely that would attract more customers and those already customers to stay!! It really grips my S$*t
Tbh last year was brilliant deal I got but seems that all done for good now.

Have to say no company gives a toss about loyal customers or giving best discounts. They all prefer to give best discounts to bloody new customers and screw over the existing ones. Disgusting how they all treat loyal long term customers.

My dad been with 3 over 12 years for example and they won't give him better or same deal as o2 for example. So will change provider for him as soon as I can.

Don't want to go down the new customers route at all but it's absolutely last resort if comes to it.

Tbh last year was brilliant deal I got but seems that all done for good now.

Have to say no company gives a toss about loyal customers or giving best discounts. They all prefer to give best discounts to bloody new customers and screw over the existing ones. Disgusting how they all treat loyal long term customers.

My dad been with 3 over 12 years for example and they won't give him better or same deal as o2 for example. So will change provider for him as soon as I can.

Don't want to go down the new customers route at all but it's absolutely last resort if comes to it.
If it is mobile phone contract that you are talking about, get him a Smarty month on month sim only deal, I think there is an offer on 40gb data unlimited calls and texts for £10, I have the 30gb plan for £10. And funnily enough it is a branch of Three!, or uses the Three network, who actually use someone elses, EE I think :unsure:

Last edited:
If it is mobile phone contract that you are talking about, get him a Smarty month on month sim only deal, I think there is an offer on 40gb data unlimited calls and texts for £10, I have the 30gb plan for £10. And funnily enough it is a branch of Three!, or uses the Three network, who actually use someone elses, EE I think :unsure:
Ye seen there rolling contract sim only deal from smarty seems good tbh.

Can get him 30gb from O2 for £8 but that is fixed contract though.

Wonder what o2s price hike would be lol

SMARTY is powered by Three, so it offers a strong 4G network that covers 99.8% of the UK. All SIMs are 5G ready too, so you can enjoy those top speeds.
Which three uses it’s own network ee and three are the 2 biggest players in the mobile nsetwork

Hi Guys , Can you tell me if i dont get a deal with VM i like can i just wait untill its cancelled then set up in my Partner (wife ) in her name straight away and get a better deal ? go through certain websites and get £100 + credited to her account has a new customer ?
Thanks

Hi Guys , Can you tell me if i dont get a deal with VM i like can i just wait untill its cancelled then set up in my Partner (wife ) in her name straight away and get a better deal ? go through certain websites and get £100 + credited to her account has a new customer ?
Thanks
Hi yes you can I have just done that
Cancelled gave 30days notice and got my wife to sign up as a new customer using her email and bank details internet was off for one day only
Go through a cashback site and you may get some cashback as well I got £39
Internet off for one day only if you time it right new contract for wife started 31 days after I gave 30 days notice on my contract

Hi yes you can I have just done that
Cancelled gave 30days notice and got my wife to sign up as a new customer using her email and bank details internet was off for one day only
Go through a cashback site and you may get some cashback as well I got £39
Internet off for one day only if you time it right new contract for wife started 31 days after I gave 30 days notice on my contract
Agreed, but we shouldn't have to be doing all of this THEY should be trying to keep us by giving us the best deal possible. It is a joke I have been trying to get through to someone now for 2 days. Their online chat is crap, you hang on the phone for hours or they re-direct you to their chat page which you got nowhere with in the 1st place and then they pass you to Whatsapp again you get nowhere. I think I will just have to cancel the direct debit and let them call me or cut me off and go elswhere :rage::rage::rage:

There is a law that came into law in the past few weeks that inurance companies can't give new customers a better discounted price than existing customers (or something like that), that law should apply across the board to all sectors and not just insurance.

There is a law that came into law in the past few weeks that inurance companies can't give new customers a better discounted price than existing customers (or something like that), that law should apply across the board to all sectors and not just insurance.
They are currently looking at that @grog68 I think that there are about 8 areas in total; Savings, Mortgages, Mobile, Brodband, Paid TV Services etc. But they haven't done anything yet like they have with Car and Home Insurances :sneaky:

Well I eventually got through and spoke to a real human, and his offer was pittyful to say the least:

Drop my Broadband Speed to 200mb
Keep the same TV package (because if you don't their system will not allow them to discount anything) :unsure:
Reduce my call package from Anytime calls to evening and weekends

Cost reduced from £87 to £76

So I ask myself where in the above has anything been discounted, everything bar the TV package has been reduced NOT discounted!!

And after the phone call they send me a link to refer a friend🤷‍♂️

So it looks like 4 May I will give my 30 Days notice and the same or next day sign up my wife as a new Customer, I can't wait ohh the joys, I will probably have to start trying to contact them 2 or 3 days before to make sure I get through............... the saga continues

LMAO I have been with them for 10 years, I don't watch any Council TV, I have just never managed to get around to doing anything about it, lazy I guess

I get this to be fair. My folks I’ve tried so hard to get them to cancel their TV package and they just can’t do it. My old man is not tech savvy in the slightest. He wouldn’t even know how to change HDMI input to go from his TV to Firestick. Alternatives are just not for some people as easy as we find it or as simple as we know it is it can be difficult for some people.

I get this to be fair. My folks I’ve tried so hard to get them to cancel their TV package and they just can’t do it. My old man is not tech savvy in the slightest. He wouldn’t even know how to change HDMI input to go from his TV to Firestick. Alternatives are just not for some people as easy as we find it or as simple as we know it is it can be difficult for some people.
My mom can't even use a mobile hence the landline lol

But your right some people jsuy aren't tech savvy and do find such things very hard to use and understand.

My mom can't even use a mobile hence the landline lol

But your right some people jsuy aren't tech savvy and do find such things very hard to use and understand.
Yeah i wasn't either till i found tk.
Who said dont believe in small miracles 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back