Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

So you didnt put a cancellation notice in.

Still no notification at all from them so will call them next few days and likely will cancel unless they match same price now or do better.
No, told them I wanted to cancel and basically said I can keep the deal I've got now,which was due to end in couple of months and no price increase in March virtually straight away.

No, told them I wanted to cancel and basically said I can keep the deal I've got now,which was due to end in couple of months and no price increase in March virtually straight away.
Fair enough if your happy with the deal thats the main thing mate.

For landline and 200mb BB before free increase to 350mb the package price is £24

Sure be around £28 with increase.

Solid that. Currently signed up for 200MB no landline for £18.50. I said to the guy 100mb would be fine but Virgin said that would cost more than 200MB. Logic!

Solid that. Currently signed up for 200MB no landline for £18.50. I said to the guy 100mb would be fine but Virgin said that would cost more than 200MB. Logic!
Ye pretty good deal tbh as was mainly 200mb BB before upgrading for free to 350mb plus have the full landline. So happy with that price but highly doubt can be same price long term for 350mb.

Fu*k can't believe it I thought I was doing ok on the 200mb deal for £29 18 month contract I got last year :disappointed:

Guy in this thread holds the lowest contract 14 quid for 100mb lol! Yet to be beaten lol.
I'm paying £38 for 100mb and phone
Phones not worked for six months, Christ knows what's up with it.
They're putting it up by £3.50.
I'm cancelling next week and not accepting anything more that £24

I'm paying £38 for 100mb and phone
Phones not worked for six months, Christ knows what's up with it.
They're putting it up by £3.50.
I'm cancelling next week and not accepting anything more that £24
Blood heck mate that's a rip off.

With outbound team you will get 200mb for cracking price than 100mb if you want to go with more speed.

I don't want more speed.
This time last year I was paying less than £28 for 50mb and was happy with that, then they doubled the speed, then raised the price.
Then raised it again.
Now they're trying to raise it a third time in less than a year.
Thinking of ditching them altogether TBH

I don't want more speed.
This time last year I was paying less than £28 for 50mb and was happy with that, then they doubled the speed, then raised the price.
Then raised it again.
Now they're trying to raise it a third time in less than a year.
Thinking of ditching them altogether TBH
Ye their price increases are absurd but same with any company tbh who's selling you products or services.

If your not too fussed about speed try other providers and see if they can do a better price for you.

Ye their price increases are absurd but same with any company tbh who's selling you products or services.

If your not too fussed about speed try other providers and see if they can do a better price for you.
I don't have Netflix or anything along those lines, I don't do online gaming, I don't download anything apart from the odd song or album, I rarely watch YouTube, I watch maybe four hours of IPTV a week.
I managed for years on 20mb, 50mb was way more than I needed.
I don't want or need anything faster.
I'll do some research next week and probably ditch VM for a year or two.
I only had them because of cable lines, since they went off its not worth a carrot 🥕

I'm giving them the hard word tomorrow and see what happens currently in the middle of an 18 month contract for 200mb at £32 and still getting the £3.50 increase 1st. March, contract not worth a wank.

I'm giving them the hard word tomorrow and see what happens currently in the middle of an 18 month contract for 200mb at £32 and still getting the £3.50 increase 1st. March, contract not worth a wank.
Ye contracts no matter what type it is don't mean squat when you have regular price increases.

But they are quick to try to impose cancellation fees if you try to leave.

Ye contracts no matter what type it is don't mean squat when you have regular price increases.

But they are quick to try to impose cancellation fees if you try to leave.
Thats why I'm trying it on tomorrow, in the "LETTER" they gave me to 21st. Feb. to leave with no fees, so a got a couple of weeks to see what they offer me, tbh I'm in the same mind as Pablo about fu*****g them off for a year, don't really need mega download speeds, only me and the missus, emails and shit, thats it .

Thats why I'm trying it on tomorrow, in the "LETTER" they gave me to 21st. Feb. to leave with no fees, so a got a couple of weeks to see what they offer me, tbh I'm in the same mind as Pablo about fu*****g them off for a year, don't really need mega download speeds, only me and the missus, emails and shit, thats it .
Ye get where your coming from..

So used to the speeds and download so much personally I can't see myself leaving them.

But who knows at this point lol

To a certain point I think it's better the devil you know, I have left VM a couple of times over the years and always end up coming back to them. Their router is a pile of carp, their call centres don't like answering calls but, for me anyway, the actual broadband service has been top notch, very stable and have rarely had an issue unless there has been planned mainenance. Also most other providers realy on BT cables, and we've never got the speed they tell us we will get.

If you are thinking of telling them where to go, then make sure you have checked other providers first so you can tell virgin you're going to joe bloggs internet as he if offering 50mb for £5 or whatever (please note this is an example and Joe is no longer doing 50mb for £5) , the chances are VM will try to match the price or get close to it for their 100mb.

Back