Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

I'm getting Ultimate Volt £48pm with £200 bill credit. 1Gb broadband with two full sized TV 360 boxes and sports, movies and BT etc.

Cancelled the bundled sim and got 20Gb with unlimited calls and texts with O2 for £5pm.

how do you get the 20gn with volt?
Just click on the link in my post above, as long as you are a virgin media home owner., you will get the double speeds added within a couple of days. I have a spend cap of £000p. So it's not possible to get any extra charges. Think they throw in a couple of months free Disney. But I've never looked into that. Shout if your stuck but it is straight forward.
Pic 1 £5
Pic 2 £8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230622_122258_uk.co.o2.android.myo2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230622_122258_uk.co.o2.android.myo2.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20230622_122314_uk.co.o2.android.myo2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230622_122314_uk.co.o2.android.myo2.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 20
Put my cancellation in with Virgin on Friday as my contract was ending, price would have gone to over £50 for M125 broadband and phone line, was paying £26 (£19 before recent increase). They called me back today and gave me the M250 broadband and phone line for £23. Probably could have got lower by rejecting the first offer but as it was cheaper than what I was paying and double the speed I was happy with that

I'm getting Ultimate Volt £48pm with £200 bill credit. 1Gb broadband with two full sized TV 360 boxes and sports, movies and BT etc.

Cancelled the bundled sim and got 20Gb with unlimited calls and texts with O2 for £5pm.
So if you sign up for the Ultimate Volt, you can cancel the 02 contract and keep the VM part ?

Put my cancellation in with Virgin on Friday as my contract was ending, price would have gone to over £50 for M125 broadband and phone line, was paying £26 (£19 before recent increase). They called me back today and gave me the M250 broadband and phone line for £23. Probably could have got lower by rejecting the first offer but as it was cheaper than what I was paying and double the speed I was happy with tha

Last edited:
My broadband only contract was up this July . currently paying £24 amonth

My broadband only contract was up in July currently 125mb £24 a month
Going up to £44 a month for 125 mb,so put my 30 days notice in and they came back with £26 a month,I was tempted but refused
The next day went on the virgin online chat told them £26 a month was not affordable so would do without broadband
They came back and offered 125mb for £16 a month, 18 month contract so accepted ☺️

Put my cancellation in with Virgin on Friday as my contract was ending, price would have gone to over £50 for M125 broadband and phone line, was paying £26 (£19 before recent increase). They called me back today and gave me the M250 broadband and phone line for £23. Probably could have got lower by rejecting the first offer but as it was cheaper than what I was paying and double the speed I was happy with that
Yeah that's about bang on the money with that deal give or take a couple of Quid 👍. In all fairness we should not have to do things like this to get a fair price for service's but if you dont haggle in life you dont seem to get anywhere.

So the moral of the story is use your bargaining power of the 30 days cancellation if your out of contract or within the 30days and you should get a better deal 👌👌👌

Cancek and 2nd retentions team will call you. I got 250 broadband for £16 a month 😁
You saying you cancelled and declined offer then they called you. Or you had 2 callbacks.

We cancelled yesterday contract ends now 26july , got a call today 442037436946 never answered turns out it wasVM

Currently £21 risingto £50 , £16 great deal

Current price I was paying £33 phone line weekend chatter and 250 mb

Canceled the rang back 2 days later offered me phone as above and 500mb for £25.99 a month

Take the 23 and then get volt, so you'll get 500mbps for 23
Don't think it works like that jigger.
I was on 250.
Knocked it down to 125.
Got volt on me 4 o2 sims, but no net increase on broadband. Would defeat the object of lowering your Tarrif. To then double it back up.

I was on 250.
Knocked it down to 125.
Got volt on me 4 o2 sims, but no net increase on broadband. Would defeat the object of lowering your Tarrif. To then double it back up.
Your virgin broadband should be pushed up to the next package, ie I was on 350mbps but it got upped to 500mbps with volt. You only get that benefit once though, so if you have 4 sims, your vm broadband will only be boosted once.
I think If I now wanted to downgrade to the 250mbps rather than the 350 I would have been on I will lose my volt boost. Not sure if can re apply for it though

I was on 250.
Knocked it down to 125.
It does. Sign up to the package and you can upgrade to volt anytime

Back