Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Cheers rsnutter im in your area (Mansf**** ) so ill wait and put wife on a new contract when mine ends 21st April, Number they called me on was 08004089340
Just remember though if your mrs has the same surname as you they may well block you taking out a new sub.

Couldn’t the other half use her maiden name and not married name???
You would think so but what happens if they do a credit check on her and find that there is no one living at that house with that name? I can do exactly that as my mrs and i are not married
and she has a different surname.

Hi Guys , Update not had another call from Virg since the offer before , Will they ring closer to the cut off day 21st April ?? or is it a case of find another Supplier
Cheers

Hi Guys , Update not had another call from Virg since the offer before , Will they ring closer to the cut off day 21st April ?? or is it a case of find another Supplier
Cheers
Previously I had a call just before it ends but recently they seem to call a 24-48 hours after cancellation. They then don't phone back. I tried pushing for a deal before I left but did not get what I wanted. You could try that what's app retention number.

Cheers rsnutter im in your area (Mansf**** ) so ill wait and put wife on a new contract when mine ends 21st April, Number they called me on was 08004089340
No need for that if contract is ending you just get another under same name. You are not cancelling contract mid way your contract is up so you just as for new contract and hopfully get better deal.

Hi , Another update used the WhatsApp message and still no joy after 45mins texting best he could offer was VoltM250 fibre Broadband and w/ends chatter £33 for 18 new contract , ill just sit tight i think hopefully they may get back to me closer to the 21st April

Last edited:
WhatsApp isn't the best retentions, if they don't contact you before end date
You will Have their last offer on file or let it expire if you can find a better offer elsewhere go with it
Or let it run out and sign up a relative

WhatsApp isn't the best retentions, if they don't contact you before end date
You will Have their last offer on file or let it expire if you can find a better offer elsewhere go with it
Or let it run out and sign up a relative
Why the need to sign up with relative your contract is out so just sign up again thats all we did

Why the need to sign up with relative your contract is out so just sign up again thats all we did
But reading around the internet virgin can play hardball and not offer the new deal prices. Some reports say they only offer new contracts only in the same name after 90 days. That's is why people try take contracts out in other names.

But reading around the internet virgin can play hardball and not offer the new deal prices. Some reports say they only offer new contracts only in the same name after 90 days. That's is why people try take contracts out in other names.
I did not know that I honestly thought only reason for taking contract out on other name was due to cancelling contract no doubt i will find out once ths 18 month one is up but this is second one as I mentioned still in same name

Update , Had a call testerday afternoon from the retentions team on the 0800 num and offered me the Volt M250 W/end chats on a new 18mth contract for £18 and i have accepted, Thanks for everyones input much appreciated.

Update , Had a call testerday afternoon from the retentions team on the 0800 num and offered me the Volt M250 W/end chats on a new 18mth contract for £18 and i have accepted, Thanks for everyones input much appreciated.
Hmm good deal that 👍£4 cheaper than mine for virtually same deal etc. Mine is just brodband only. One thing i have noticed on the VM forums etc is people getting better deals with adding phone line and only reason i can think of why 🤔 is they probably see a potential of some call time revenue from this 🤣.

Hmm good deal that 👍£4 cheaper than mine for virtually same deal etc. Mine is just brodband only. One thing i have noticed on the VM forums etc is people getting better deals with adding phone line and only reason i can think of why 🤔 is they probably see a potential of some call time revenue from this 🤣.
When ever I have tried ditching the Land Line to save costs the price without it has always been higher than if I kept it by a few quid.

Do you already have a 02 phone contract to get the volt upgrade.

Yes i have the o2 sim Kegnkiwi , I did ask if it was without and straight away she said i would only get the M100 .

Back