Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

My Bt speed has dropped 20mb over the last 24 months they said this is the new speed so time to change i think also they want to charge me extra for a slower service. When i contacted them about the crazy money they now want for Broadband they said there was no discounts available take it or leave it
Have you got any options to go with another provider?

My Bt speed has dropped 20mb over the last 24 months they said this is the new speed so time to change i think also they want to charge me extra for a slower service. When i contacted them about the crazy money they now want for Broadband they said there was no discounts available take it or leave it
I have been with them now for about 6 years and have always got a better deal on end of contract day! The important thing is not to negotiate till the day before it ends

I have been with them now for about 6 years and have always got a better deal on end of contract day! The important thing is not to negotiate till the day before it ends
What I have noticed with BT was the trick that try to negotiate the last min then yes you get a better deal but nowadays they seem like they don't care whether you go else where or not.

What I have noticed with BT was the trick that try to negotiate the last min then yes you get a better deal but nowadays they seem like they don't care whether you go else where or not.
I didn't get that last time! They gave me a lot of extras! My contract ends December so will see, but will probably try Sly as you can get a good deal being a new customer with a TV deal!

I didn't get that last time! They gave me a lot of extras! My contract ends December so will see, but will probably try Sly as you can get a good deal being a new customer with a TV deal!
Yes sly is decent too and if you are taking xyz with them then you get a good deal but be mindful in some areas they are not too good tho

Yes sly is decent too and if you are taking xyz with them then you get a good deal but be mindful in some areas they are not too good tho
Yeah agree, the maximum I can get with anybody is 70 mpbs, so far with BT at end of contract when it should go up I have managed to get what a new customer would get, them saying this is the very best we can do!
Then adding a few freebies Britbox Disney lol 6 months lol

Yeah agree, the maximum I can get with anybody is 70 mpbs, so far with BT at end of contract when it should go up I have managed to get what a new customer would get, them saying this is the very best we can do!
Then adding a few freebies Britbox Disney lol 6 months lol
70 is quiet low because broadband has come a long way n they have decent packaging in a lot of areas nowadays compare to 4 - 5 years ago but as long as it's consistent then you are good pal

70 is quiet low because broadband has come a long way n they have decent packaging in a lot of areas nowadays compare to 4 - 5 years ago but as long as it's consistent then you are good pal
Don’t forget a lot of areas are still on the old cables underground .
Up until they roll the full fibre out in every area some won’t get close to 70mbps

Up until they roll the full fibre out in every area some won’t get close to 70mbps
Yes true but the like of virgin and a few more have been doing a lot of ground work for cables in a lot of areas.

We live in a little hamlet 3 miles from any town or village, used to struggle with less than 10mpbs only any good for CS at the time, they changed the boxes underground and it jumped to 35 mpbs then got the option to double it.
Virgin will never get here!

We live in a little hamlet 3 miles from any town or village, used to struggle with less than 10mpbs only any good for CS at the time, they changed the boxes underground and it jumped to 35 mpbs then got the option to double it.
Virgin will never get here!
Then 70 Mbps is very good and it's more than enough for day to day use to be fair as long as it's consistent

When our contract with VM was due a month or so ago, I did what I always do - cancel. Within a couple of days, I was called with an offer. The offer was £15 cheaper than the previous offer that had just expired! We have Sky Sports and TNT Sports, with VM XL, for £65 per month.

When our contract with VM was due a month or so ago, I did what I always do - cancel. Within a couple of days, I was called with an offer. The offer was £15 cheaper than the previous offer that had just expired! We have Sky Sports and TNT Sports, with VM XL, for £65 per month.
Not a bad deal that, we did the same in July, gave them notice that we were leaving, next day they gave us the vm xl offer plus TNT sports £52 per month for 18 months.

Yeah 250 for us that aswell, the only downside for us was that on our old package we had the kids channels Nickolodean, nick jr etc for the grandkids, lost them when the new deal started, but can still put them on for them from gt media or iptv, the good thing is that there are deals to be had from VM, if customers just haggle with them.

Well I have just decided to move away from virgin. I was on 100mbps for £19 and in April increase the best they could do was 50mbps at £23...stupidly I must have signed up to 18m contract at time...then I got an email 31/8 saying my contract had expired ..odd anyway using that to try and get out of the contract and already taken up BRSK who are doing a early black Friday deal of 500mbps for £23pm and £75 amazon voucher for me and the referrer which is also me 🤣

Worth knowing that Vm no longer include BT Sports (now TNT Sports) as free in their package, current contracts include it still until expiry). Also, if you are a VM customer & take a sim from o2, you will be upgraded to the next tier BB speed increase. I was contracted to 256 & as an o2 customer & in anticipation of the upgrade, i opted to move from 256 to 512 for an extra £4 pcm so that my upgrade would affect a 512 to 1gb, which i'm happy to report, was the result.

i gave virgin the boot, wanted to put my 500mb up to £62 pm, luckily youfibre had just finished going live so went with them, 1gb for 25pm for 2 years with no in contract rises, no iptv blocking either so no vpn needed too, was on £40 pm before i left so £15 cheaper and twice the price and no ip blocking, jobs a good un

Cancelled my contract a few days ago an have had a missed call from this number 02039804396.
Anyibe confirm if this is virgin media?

Back