Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Yeah basically to handle the new speeds.
Whats more frightening is the lack of modem mode and wifi blackouts is even worse now.This has been happening for well over 6 months now and know about the issues but i think a update is in pipeline for the said issues but how long that will be is anyones guess.

Yeah basically to handle the new speeds.
Whats more frightening is the lack of modem mode and wifi blackouts is even worse now.This has been happening for well over 6 months now and know about the issues but i think a update is in pipeline for the said issues but how long that will be is anyones guess.
had a look on their forum earlier on when searching for hub 5x modem mode a lot of people not happy

Instead of needing to put into modem mode, alot of routers can take the fibre connection alone. So it could be possible that instead of needing modem mode you can go directly from the fibre cable to a new modem

They will be waiting for the inflation figures and then it should be inflation + 3.75% i think. Inflation is currently 4% but they think there may be a big drop imminent.
It's inflation + 3.9%, so even if inflation was 0% the bills will still go up 3.9%

I got it wrong at 3.75 ok its 3.9 but i think inflation might remain the same or a small drop but i would expect a 7-8% rise in prices from them.
Yeh I am thinking the same, but when I first read your post, it sounded like you meant the prices from virmin will drop, which won't happen (well not unless inflation goes to -3.9% or more).

I just repeated my membership with virgin a couple of months ago. Will I be allowed to resign after the new rise comes into affect?

I just repeated my membership with virgin a couple of months ago. Will I be allowed to resign after the new rise comes into affect?
You signed a new contract few months ago , and agreed to , it's in the new T&C , They no longer give you the option to give notice because of a price rise..

Yeh I am thinking the same, but when I first read your post, it sounded like you meant the prices from virmin will drop, which won't happen (well not unless inflation goes to -3.9% or more).
The first signs coming in on sky news is that inflation is set to rise this month so they are saying it will go to 4.2%, so if we add the 3.9% that's the bills going up by 8.1% :cry:

I made the switch to an altnet last year who guarantee no price rise, jumped ship straight away.
I live rural so the options are virgin upto 1gb, 3 5g home broadband and i tried that for nearly a year or bt upto 64mb. I only pay £26.99 for 350mb including tv and phone so mine will go up £2.18.

Let's see them try to inflate this then,
Price rises in the past used to be £3.49-£3.99 before they changed T&C last year.

It's cheaper going off 8.2% if that's correct .

On that then our rise will be £1.64

Back