Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

I'm aware mate.

But too much data won't use and price for me is too much.

Wouldn't want to go with o2 at all if speeds are so bad.

I'm thinking of cancelling them and just going with PAYG provider like 1pmobile.
You won't get much cheaper then 16 pound a month, I wouldn't go PAYG mate not for the sake of 16 pound, I didn't even know they did payg anymore surly that would work out more per month

I'm aware mate.

I'm thinking of cancelling them and just going with PAYG provider like 1pmobile.
The cheapest are about £6 a month no contract with between 1Gb-4Gb data ,unlimited mins and text. Giffgaff,Smarty,3,Lebara,1p mobile

I'm aware mate.

Dam mate 2001 just called and want their SIM card back lol!

I remember 1p texts off peak after like 7PM back in the day lol

Last edited:
You won't get much cheaper then 16 pound a month, I wouldn't go PAYG mate not for the sake of 16 pound, I didn't even know they did payg anymore surly that would work out more per month

Not worth it mate for me even if it is cheap at £16.

Ye looked at 1pmobile seems cheap rates for PAYG and top up £10.

I dont use minutes text or data much at all.
The cheapest are about £6 a month no contract with between 1Gb-4Gb data ,unlimited mins and text. Giffgaff,Smarty,3,Lebara,1p mobile

Ye mate but only one of those networks I consider will be 1pmobile.

Dam mate 2001 just called and want their SIM card back lol!

I remember 1p texts off peak after like 7PM back in the day lol

View attachment 68732

Ye old school I am mate lol.

It's 1p everything so proper cheap rates especially if won't use minutes texts and data much.

I haven't fully decided yet I'm going back and forth and still testing O2 sim more before making final decision.
I pay a fiver for 6gb data and unlimited mins and texts...Asda mobile
Almost all PAYG packages are unlimited mins and texts now, it's just data that makes any difference

Ye proper cheap price that especially if don't use much data mate.

Getting Asda PAYG sim only with £5 top up for my dad next week for his backup phone which is all he needs for that.

Thanks mate for your advice about asda PAYG sim.

My o2 sim is the same data speeds up and down like a blue arsed fly.
2meg one test 16 Meg the next.
OK for browsing, so does me. Ime on volt get 30 gig unlimited text and mins 8 notes..... Paul

Not worth it mate for me even if it is cheap at £16.

Ye looked at 1pmobile seems cheap rates for PAYG and top up £10.

I dont use minutes text or data much at all.

Ye mate but only one of those networks I consider will be 1pmobile.

Ye old school I am mate lol.

It's 1p everything so proper cheap rates especially if won't use minutes texts and data much.

I haven't fully decided yet I'm going back and forth and still testing O2 sim more before making final decision.

Ye proper cheap price that especially if don't use much data mate.

Getting Asda PAYG sim only with £5 top up for my dad next week for his backup phone which is all he needs for that.

Thanks mate for your advice about asda PAYG sim.
If you dont use internet 1p mobile does unlimited mins and text for £3 a month

My o2 sim is the same data speeds up and down like a blue arsed fly.
2meg one test 16 Meg the next.
OK for browsing, so does me. Ime on volt get 30 gig unlimited text and mins 8 notes..... Paul

Ye for speeds you get with them not good for downloading or even streaming IPTV on phone.

If you want volt benefits of o2 and VM then have to compromise with poor speeds of o2 I guess.

If you dont use internet 1p mobile does unlimited mins and text for £3 a month
Ah right. Use it sometimes where need to tbh.

Their normal payg rates could be fine by just topping up £10 every 4 months for me but may check these add on packages and decide then.

There's not really a payg anymore as you can buy bundles each month which basically turn them into sim only deals just that you can change each month.
Its just as easier to buy a bundle each month whether you use it a lot or not much as you never know when you will need it.
I pay £9 for virgin mobile get 5 gig of data unlimited minuites texts and free calls to premium numbers

There's not really a payg anymore as you can buy bundles each month which basically turn them into sim only deals just that you can change each month.
Its just as easier to buy a bundle each month whether you use it a lot or not much as you never know when you will need it.
I pay £9 for virgin mobile get 5 gig of data unlimited minuites texts and free calls to premium numbers

For those that don't want sim only contracts then they will stick the the PAYG tariff rates.

Might be elderly but my neighbour doesn't use his phone much but has PAYG sim and use it when he needs to and still has credit he topped up nearly 6 months ago.

So PAYG still exists and still is useful to some out there.

For those that don't want sim only contracts then they will stick the the PAYG tariff rates.

Might be elderly but my neighbour doesn't use his phone much but has PAYG sim and use it when he needs to and still has credit he topped up nearly 6 months ago.

So PAYG still exists and still is useful to some out there.
Yeah there is payg still out there bud but what I was saying no soon as you buy a bundle you literally turn it into a I'm only apart from no contracts

Yeah there is payg still out there bud but what I was saying no soon as you buy a bundle you literally turn it into a I'm only apart from no contracts
Ye that is true some do buy bundles either for 30 days or continiously that makes it no longer really PAYG.

Some though like my neighbour and my dad will just have PAYG with credit topped up and would have that last them many months before topping up. Yes its old school method but still applies and works today for some people who want to go down that avenue imo.

You don't have to buy bundles.
Texts are 6p each and calls similar per minute.
If you top-up a fiver, you only have to send one text every nine months to keep the SIM alive, the fiver credit will not expire

You don't have to buy bundles.
Texts are 6p each and calls similar per minute.
If you top-up a fiver, you only have to send one text every nine months to keep the SIM alive, the fiver credit will not expire

Ye thats true and what gona getting for my dad's backup phone so all he will use it for is incoming calls and £5 credit will last him 12 or maybe even 18 months which would be great and all he would require for that phone.

Think your right keep sim active have to make a call or send text every 270 days but to keep number active have to do the same but every 180 days if I'm not mistaken.

Back