Router activity seems excessive

Patch1

Hi to all - just a question abt. what seems to be excessive Router activity on C/S would respect your feedback,
I have open Vix installed and the Router LED is almost constant is this normal ?? ~ Thanks.

Various routers have various ways of letting you know that there is something attached, most will keep an LED lighting to signify that there is something attached.
this doesn't necessarily mean that there is much of your monthly allowance being used, purely that something is attached.

Hi Wheelo - yes i quite agree should have mentioned it's a VM Dual Band Type and i would very concerned if i was on a usage cap so would be very interested in other members response using this type of Router. Thanks for reply.

Im on 10 gb a month usage I have 4 boxes plus 3 laptops on most nights never been over yet

although your box is constantly connected to the net it actually downloads very little.

Thanks Guys - Just check it after clearing the Routers usage settings and it only clocked up about 200kb up /180kb down in minute so no big deal just looks like its doing a mega D/L ~ cheers K.

Back