Samsung M51 not charging HELP NEEDED

I have a new phone now so this is more about seeing if I can fix it bit of a hobby thing and see if it actually is a hardware and not a firmware screw up of some sort.

So after it was sent back repaired its randomly charging, at the moment its charging every time I plug it in but if I were to factory reset the phone it might- might not charge again who knows. I did think it was an app issue but after I tried a factory reset and put apps on 1 by 1 that notion was lobbed out the window as it stopped charging one time with no apps on it after a factory reset.

The problem I have now is, when I plug it in to any laptop or PC it says "USB not recognised". I've gone down the route of all the usual stuff , sam drivers , device manager uninstall, reset the phone, developers options oem on usb debugging, wack it in download mode, *#0808*# the lot. It seems to connect and be recognised for a very short period of time say 2-4 minutes on any new laptop then it will quickly revert over to "USB not recognised".

I did flash it with UK firmware a few days back from sammobile and odin when it was recognised and didn't have a problem but the CSC still says SER,SER/SER,EGY (Russia even though I selected the new UK CSC (BTU) I'm wondering if this is a big software screw up somewere but I cant flash it again till I can connect it to any laptop or PC. I bought a couple of credits for samkeys to change the CSC but when I went on the laptop it picked it up M51 then ping ponged 4 -5 times in out in out then it said USB not recognised so I'm back to square one.

Like I said it's more about just having a go seeing if its hardware or software. anyone had the samse problem USB not recognised but charges ok via usb on a laptop/PC ?

Back