Sat/cable questions

Hi everyone, do I need to have had VM cable TV to use with a combo receiver or can I use with just VM fibre and secondly, can it work with just plusnet fibre and active sly connection?

Hi, you need a "live" VM feed to the property, broadband will do but you will need to split the incoming signal, one to your modem/hub and one to box, Sat needs a SAT feed and is seperate it's the combining channel lists than can be fun.
Both will need servers too.

It will work for the Sat side and for connecting to your server but to the actual VM to clear you will need a VM feed to the house, mine was still live and I don't use them, previous owner did.

A lot of VM feeds are live, but the best way to ensure it stays that way is to take the VM fiber internet and then use it for internet and cable

That sounds okay and I did ask about +net because that is cheaper fibre for me but think I'll just go with VM fibre

I have Sly+ HD and VM line...does 2 dvb-s/s2 and 1 dvb-c/t/t2 tuners allow me to have similar setup (record/watch two channels like sly plus additional VM channel for cable)

I have Sly+ HD and VM line...does 2 dvb-s/s2 and 1 dvb-c/t/t2 tuners allow me to have similar setup (record/watch two channels like sly plus additional VM channel for cable)
Hi mate can i ask which receiver u r using as your set up is something i am interested in.

Hi everyone
just about to buy a combo box.couple of questions befoe i do.
i am looking at Tm T3 nano or miracle premium ultra with changable tuners.does T3 nano have changable tuners as i am looking to set up two tuners for cable and 1 for sat.any opinions for these boxes or any other i should look at.what will be the best image to use as i will most likely buy from World of sat as they flash the image for you.
please give as much info so i can go ahead and buy.
thankyou

Vix image seems the most popular and there are a few guides knocking about on here.

Can't help with the boxes you have mentioned, bit too expensive for me, I use a miraclebox mini combo was £150, but you can't
get hold of them now, very good box.

Vix image seems the most popular and there are a few guides knocking about on here.

Can't help with the boxes you have mentioned, bit too expensive for me, I use a miraclebox mini combo was £150, but you can't

regarding the support for miracle boxes,doesn't seem to be any mention on this forum?

---------- Post Merged at 04:21 PM ----------

regarding the support for miracle boxes,doesn't seem to be any mention on this forum?

---------- Post Merged at 04:31 PM ----------

how good are Samsung tuners.

Haven't had an issue with the box, I would say the tuners are spot on.

My feeling is the mini was flying out at the price so they withdrew it in order to sell more of the more expensive triple tuners

When you run vix the guides apply to many box manufactures, VU+, Gigablue, Miraclebox, Mutant some Technomates (linux) boxes, to name a few so
there is no real point in having a separate section for each one.

Boxes which have "closed source" firmware tend to have separate sections on here as the problems are specific
to a type of box.

Last edited:
Back