SD card issues

Lockeh

I have been trying to use an SD card in the Zgemma h.2s and everyone gets stuck at 50%. Tried different makes and sizes and none of them work. I have tried formatting them to ext4

Any ideas?

Which image you using vix has problems setting up sd card, Try putting it in a usb adaptor and putting in front usb port and setting it all up that way then install it into sd slot remember to re boot box so it recognises it.

I have a Sandisk ultra 16Gb class10 working fine.
All i did was format within windows using MiniTool Partition Wizard Free.

1. Insert the card into Windows
2. Run MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
3. Select the SDCard and delete partition
4. Create new partition (Create as "Primary" and select File System as EXT4)
5. Click OK and Apply.

Insert into ZGemma and go straight to setting up your swap file.
Works just fine for me :)

Cheers m8 just giving it a try now. yeah thanks m8 that's worked for me also

Last edited:
Yes, success with a 120gb Card and MiniTool Partition Magic. All i done then was right-click on the Drive and `Format`. Pick `Ext4` from the options and let it do its thing.
Remove card from the PC and into the zgemma slot, no mounting or initialising - job done!

What you can do with it depends on what you want.

An option is to use this as the location for storing epg for easy access. Think it is too small for timeshift or recording.

I have a Sandisk ultra 16Gb class10 working fine.
All i did was format within windows using MiniTool Partition Wizard Free.

1. Insert the card into Windows
2. Run MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
3. Select the SDCard and delete partition
4. Create new partition (Create as "Primary" and select File System as EXT4)
5. Click OK and Apply.

Insert into ZGemma and go straight to setting up your swap file.
Works just fine for me :)

Thanks was trying to do this last night so will try again later

You don't need a swap file on the H. series, they have plenty of RAM. The SD card reader in these boxes isn't the best and if data gets corrupted, then the box will not respond if using a swap file.

can someone zip the partition tool and attach it please? the one ive found wont let me choose advance install every time i untick the options for it make a default homepage on my browser it crashes i think its trying to force me to use there options for my browser ie there search engine and home page

I use the partition tool but also before flash the box comes with OpenATV, I format using ATV then once done flash with vix and its already formatted

Back