Sepp Blatter Laughs At The Irish

Was wondering if anyone had noticed! Read a load of newspaper sites and news sites and no mention of the poisoned little dwarf laughing which is clear in the video!!

Heres another laugh :rolleyes:

December 1, 2009
Sepp Blatter rang Thierry Henry over abuse — but could still ban him

France forward may still be banned despite Sepp Blatter consoling him after former wife and daughter received death threats

Thierry Henry had to be consoled by Sepp Blatter after his former wife and daughter received death threats from fans furious at the Frenchman’s infamous handball that helped to cost Ireland the chance of playing in the World Cup finals.
But the Fifa president’s sympathy for Henry has not outweighed his outrage at the offence and the France forward could still be punished in the highly charged aftermath of the play-off for next summer’s tournament in South Africa.

Blatter will ask the Fifa executive committee tomorrow whether Henry should face sanctions in a move unprecedented in world football. It is not known what punishments could be meted out, although a lengthy ban that could even prevent the Barcelona and former Arsenal forward playing in the finals is possible.

The ramifications will spread wider, with Blatter signalling the scrapping of the play-offs system that led to Ireland’s exit and the introduction of extra goalline referees in time for the 2010 tournament. There will also be a severe crackdown on cheats at the World Cup as Blatter calls on players and coaches to clean up their game.

Henry unleashed a whirlwind when he twice patted the ball with a hand so that he could cross for William Gallas to score the equalising goal against Ireland in the Stade de France last month.
The 1-1 draw was enough to put France into next year’s finals on aggregate, but at the expense of Henry’s reputation.

Blatter revealed yesterday that he was asked to telephone Henry by Jean-Pierre Escalettes, the president of the French football federation, who was worried that the player was feeling “isolated and abandoned” as he was vilified around the world for not owning up to the handball.

Blatter said they spoke “man to man” and the Fifa president tried to reassure Henry that Nicole, his former wife, and Tea, his daughter, were safe. Henry divorced in 2008 when he left Arsenal for Barcelona. His wife, who comes from Croydon, Surrey, stayed near her family.

“His family received threats because of his behaviour,” Blatter said. However, the Fifa president dismissed Henry’s pleas to have the match replayed and spoke out against cheating. “I cannot change the result,” he said.

“How can we tell youngsters that football is the school of life when there is cheating and lack of respect for referees? The lesson must come from the top and we must appeal to the players, coaches and the rest of the football family for more discipline.”

Although officials from the Football Association of Ireland had travelled to Zurich to lobby Blatter after the match in Paris, they did not ask that Henry was punished. Instead, Blatter said, they wanted to be added to the World Cup finals as a 33rd team — but that was fanciful given that the draw for the finals takes place on Friday.

Noely, the wife had to pull me out of the TV during the 6 o'clock news.

The smarmy little PR**K

-

Clearly he see's dollar signs when you speak about France, but Ireland, we're a nobody in his eyes. It's all about revenue to those a***oles.

who would take the most fans do you think, i bet it would`nt be the french Ireland would close down for a couple of weeks would it not.(y)

Former Liverpool and Ireland legend Ray Houghton has blasted FIFA president Sepp Blatter for his handling of the controversy following France's world cup play-off win in Paris last month.

rayhoughton_getty_302264t.jpg

Blatter revealed yesterday that the FAI had requested that the Republic be allowed into next summer's tournament in South Africa as a '33rd' nation.

He was seen to join in the laughter of delegates at the conference he was addressing in South Africa yesterday when he broke the news, and Houghton feels that the Swiss was laughing in the face of the Irish nation.

"What he's doing is taking the mickey out of the Irish public as if they don't really matter," Houghton said.
"It's a disgrace. They were laughing at the Irish public which is shocking. The players worked so hard for two years to get to the World Cup and then some fellow's laughing about it and he's the head of FIFA.

"I can't believe he's in the position he is. When you're looking for leadership qualities and someone to make a stand… what's going to happen to Thierry Henry? Nothing.
"What we're saying now is that you can cheat and score and it's alright. That sends out the wrong message to the kids and what we need is someone to say 'this is not going to happen'."
And Houghton thinks that a similar thing would have happened had it been England and not Ireland embroiled in the controversy.
"Blatter's quick to criticise Premier League clubs for spending too much money but I didn't hear too much when Real Madrid spent £80 million on Ronaldo and £60 million on Kaka. Blatter didn't say the Spanish were spending too much.

"If it was France, Germany or Spain and certainly Brazil or Argentina there would have been mayhem. You only have to look at what they did to the play-off seedings.

"The biggest tournament in the world and they left it until three weeks before the play-offs to decide there would be seeds.

"When you look at the way he's treated Ireland and the competition it underlines how he has not led FIFA particularly well. He's a man who does what he wants even though I couldn't tell you what he does. To be ridiculed twice, laughing at the Irish after the seedings change, is shocking."
Ireland assistant coach Liam Brady has also blasted Blatter for ignoring requests for the details of the meeting between the FAI and FIFA to remain confidential.

i dont think delaney or the fai should have asked for this, but nevertheless, you can be sure that if it were germany, france, brazil or england asking for it, bladder would not have discussed this in A) an open forum , or B) in such a jovial way to the worlds press.
FIFA is such a corrupt organisation, it cares not for the sport anymore, only the £,$ and €.

If one good thing has come of this whole debacle, it is the introduction of the extra 2 officials at the matches, so that this is less likely to happen in the future. why haven't they gone the whole hog and decided to use the full available technology......AGAIN IT'S THE £, $, AND€.

The FAI met with blatter & co. for over an hour & a half.
A lot was discussed & at one stage the FAI asked if Ireland could be accommodated into the World Cup 2010. Other Suggestions were made by the FAI to FIFA but Blatter chose to use this one & make it public.
John Delaney today accused Blatter & FIFA of "spin".

Just goes to show you what a nasty piece of work Blatter is :eyebrow:

My ex-flatmate spends half his time in South Africa with work and he was telling me Blatters son is a major player in the proporty development over there in the build up to the world cup and he is going to make a mint out of it all!! Typical. Gangsters the lot of 'em and certainly have not got football at heart.

Precisely ;) He makes my blood boil and no-one in authority ever challanges the twerp over anything. He does as he pleases just like your average sociopath really.

I agree with you all Blatter is a Plonker,He Just wanted to make a laugh of Ireland:mad::mad::mad:

Valkce says there is 'no hope' for Ireland

javascript:showPlayer('/sport/soccer/2009/1201/ireland_av.html')Tuesday, 1 December 2009

FIFA general secretary Jerome Valkce has said there is 'no hope' the Republic of Ireland will be allowed to to play at the World Cup in South Africa as a 33rd team.
Valcke was speaking at a press conference three days ahead of the draw for the finals tournament.

He said: 'I wouldn't say it's a nonsense but it is impossible. There's no hope to give that there will be any more than 32 teams at the World Cup in South Africa.'

FIFA president Sepp Blatter revealed on Monday that Ireland had requested a place at the finals in addition to the 32 qualified teams in the wake of William Gallas' controversial goal for France in the play-off match.

Valcke said that, as Ireland had made an official request, the matter would have to go before Wednesday's organising committee meeting in Cape Town.
But he said Blatter, who runs soccer's world governing body, had told the Irish very clearly they had no chance of success.

Valcke said there would be too many organisational problems to overcome and that other teams who felt penalised by wrong refereeing decisions could also come forward and make similar claims.

'We had 853 qualifying matches,' Valcke said.
'It's sad that we are talking about just one game.'

'It's sad that we are talking about just one game.'

That one game meant we were in or out and considering how the french won that game well we should be in....:mad:

Back