ET8500 QUAD TUNER Services available on ET 8500

I assume until I get my motorised system fixed , what other use can I get out of this box
Are the cable tuners only usable via aerial?
Iptv via plugin

Cable tuners can only be used for Freeview.
IPTV via a plugin, jedimaker, xtreamity etc.
May also get Freesat if you have a fixed dish

I assume until I get my motorised system fixed , what other use can I get out of this box
Are the cable tuners only usable via aerial?
Iptv via plugin
That is a mips box not really ideal for Iptv these days with providers using hvec 2.65 streams they will not play them to old. I retired mine a few months ago as long longer use motorised dish.

When you say Freeview I assume you mean the cable tuner set to T2 for terrestrial.

Are all the VM channels encrypted these days even FTA.

Think I need a new up to date box

When you say Freeview I assume you mean the cable tuner set to T2 for terrestrial.

VM are encrypted yes look at the octagon sf 8008 good option for price.

Is WOS the best place to purchase these. I see they have different models. And charge for an image if you want it. Which model would you suggest

Last edited:

Yes terrestrial channels, otherwise known as Freeview.
No channels on VM now not even 1-5

Is WOS the best place to purchase these. I see they have different models. And charge for an image if you want it. Which model would you suggest
Not really allowed to comment where you purchase boxes from but that is where i use you would need to check the website.

My own ET8500 that was equipped with two DVB-C became pretty much redundant the moment VM switched and stopped working. I tried the clunky plugins for iptv use but was never happy with the sluggish nature.

The cost of trying to get DVB-S2 tuner cards for the ET8500 and then bringing out my old motorised dish from retirement against just simply having an IPTV solution these days also was redundant seeing we have decent internet bandwidth.

My own solution now is the android app Tivimate Premium, an M3u compatible IPTV sub and the Nvidia Shield TV Pro...altho the Nvidia would be overkill just for streaming IPTV alone.

I think the ET8500 may still have some use in its DVB-C state in some european neighbouring countries, but in old blighty its dead.

Not if you are happy with using an enigma based receiver in all of its clunkiness for IPTV....each to their own.....an NVIDIA Shield TV, a NAS Drive, Plex and Tivimate does me nicely, personally would leave underpowered enigma receivers to their satellite and cable duties.
Xtrend ET 8500 is a superb box and will run iptv perfectly fine as long as providers is not streaming in hvec codec.

Xtrend ET 8500 is a superb box and will run iptv perfectly fine as long as providers is not streaming in hvec codec.
I never said it wasn't a superb box for its time and as a tool for what it does best with its tuners....Plain and simply I find it incredibly clunky for getting iptv running and prefer a one box solution now for all my iptv and streaming needs, the Nvidia Shield TV Pro simply is better for that, for me.

Very few people these days are utilising satellite or cable, thus its as good as dead. If you know of a decent second hand market for flogging these if they are an attractive proposition still then I am all ears because mine is boxed and in very good condition.

I never said it wasn't a superb box for its time and as a tool for what it does best with its tuners....Plain and simply I find it incredibly clunky for getting iptv running and prefer a one box solution now for all my iptv and streaming needs, the Nvidia Shield TV Pro simply is better for that, for me.

Very few people these days are utilising satellite or cable, thus its as good as dead. If you know of a decent second hand market for flogging these if they are an attractive proposition still then I am all ears because mine is boxed and in very good condition.
Wrong E2 boxes are stilled used by loads and loads of people on satellite you can still get all the premium channels via satellite if you know how also motorised dishes with a euro cam line. Put your box in the for sale section on here it will soon sell read the rules before listing it.

Wrong E2 boxes are stilled used by loads and loads of people on satellite you can still get all the premium channels via satellite if you know how also motorised dishes with a euro cam line. Put your box in the for sale section on here it will soon sell read the rules before listing it.
But my E2 box is not a satellite box, I did state above that it has dual DVB-C tuners, that once VM went to the dogs renders it pretty much worthless.

Back to square one again......."
My own ET8500 that was equipped with two DVB-C became pretty much redundant the moment VM switched and stopped working. I tried the clunky plugins for iptv use but was never happy with the sluggish nature.

The cost of trying to get DVB-S2 tuner cards for the ET8500 and then bringing out my old motorised dish from retirement against just simply having an IPTV solution these days also was redundant seeing we have decent internet bandwidth.

My own solution now is the android app Tivimate Premium, an M3u compatible IPTV sub and the Nvidia Shield TV Pro...altho the Nvidia would be overkill just for streaming IPTV alone.

I think the ET8500 may still have some use in its DVB-C state in some european neighbouring countries, but in old blighty its dead."

The only way to simply get iptv to function on E2 without any faff is to use xtreamity, I do not like those front ends personally, and I do not like the faff of picons, epg plugins and finding a skin I find suitable against simply having tivimate and my m3u.

But my E2 box is not a satellite box, I did state above that it has dual DVB-C tuners, that once VM went to the dogs renders it pretty much worthless.

Back to square one again......."

I think the ET8500 may still have some use in its DVB-C state in some european neighbouring countries, but in old blighty its dead."

The only way to simply get iptv to function on E2 without any faff is to use xtreamity, I do not like those front ends personally, and I do not like the faff of picons, epg plugins and finding a skin I find suitable against simply having tivimate and my m3u.
Each to their own pal i know what i prefer using and thats an E2 box even for Iptv.

Back