Services Cheaper With VPN’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading this thread for months, although Christ knows why, I have no interest in any of the apps or content but I think controlD can be set to open EG Paramount+ via Argentina, then if you change app to one of the others, that can be set to India, another set to Philippines and so on, you're not chopping and changing VPN locations for each app/player
Yes I can see the benefit, but for me I don't use the apps that would make it worth having, ie I only have Tidal Argentina, YT Premium India and Netflix Turkey, once the account is setup in respective country, they are not geo locked so I can use all 3 'from UK' so don't need to change my location.

Any thing else then my friendly provider provides that in one package and for less than what it would cost if I added all these difference services together.

Any thing else then my friendly provider provides that in one package and for less than what it would cost if I added all these difference services together.
Yes, this entire thread does appear to be for people avoiding using IPTV - I'm not that bothered about my sport being 10 seconds behind live, and FWIW my mate has Sky Go on his phone as he has a full package with Sky, he had rugby on in the pub last Friday, my IPTV was 5 seconds in front of his

I have a question regarding Control D that I've always wondered. I have mine setup on individual devices but I can see that my TP Deco mesh system which is connected directly to my router allows a custom DNS. Ideally I'd like to set the router to use Control D's DNS but being on Sky Broadband, my IP address is dynamic and changes frequently. When this occurs, Control D will still be linked to an old IP - in this scenario, does the DNS just fail to work which in turn would cause loss of internet access on all devices?

I have a question regarding Control D that I've always wondered. I have mine setup on individual devices but I can see that my TP Deco mesh system which is connected directly to my router allows a custom DNS. Ideally I'd like to set the router to use Control D's DNS but being on Sky Broadband, my IP address is dynamic and changes frequently. When this occurs, Control D will still be linked to an old IP - in this scenario, does the DNS just fail to work which in turn would cause loss of internet access on all devices?
It appears so, you just have to log into your controlD account and the IP is updated apparently. How to update IP

Use no-ip.

Create a hostname there, which you put into the Dynamic DNS section of your router settings. No-ip will update when your ip changes. ControlD should be able to pick up your ip from the no-ip hostname.

On the free plan you have to renew your hostname every month which isn't too onerous.

Is anyone else struggling with Optus Sport? Tried both NordVPN, ControlD and SmartDNSProxy but none of them are working.

NordVPN gives me a geolocation error and with the two smart dns proxies I just get a spinning icon.

Is anyone else struggling with Optus Sport? Tried both NordVPN, ControlD and SmartDNSProxy but none of them are working.

NordVPN gives me a geolocation error and with the two smart dns proxies I just get a spinning icon.

The free videos work for me with controld

TO SIGN UP FOR PARAMOUNT+ MEXICO (OR ANY OTHER INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNT)

GOTO Paramount Plus - Stream Live TV, Movies, Originals, Sports, News, and more

CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT (I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY PAYMENT METHODS THAT WORK VIA WEBSITE)

INSTALL PARAMOUNT+ INTERNATIONAL (NOT USA, IT WONT WORK)

LOGIN WITH NEW ACCOUNT DETAILS

PAY VIA GOOGLEPLAY

YOU NOW HAVE A VALID ACCOUNT

COST WILL VARY DEPENDING ON GOOGLE STORE
I tried to do this for Argentinian Paramount Plus and it didn't work. It keeps showing the price in £ or $. I've tried with Mexico too. Not working. Anyone with a login to Paramount they wouldn't mind sharing? If you can figure out how to get Argentinian Paramount Plus it's like £11 for the year. I assume you can then run a Mexican vpn and get the EPL games this season.

I tried to do this for Argentinian Paramount Plus and it didn't work. It keeps showing the price in £ or $. I've tried with Mexico too. Not working. Anyone with a login to Paramount they wouldn't mind sharing? If you can figure out how to get Argentinian Paramount Plus it's like £11 for the year. I assume you can then run a Mexican vpn and get the EPL games this season.
I gave up after trying for ages, set up a new google play account, VPN on, still offers £6.99 in the app; I can get it offered in Mexican currency via browser but it rejects payment.

On a completely separate point, Bruges v Genk on Setanta has been fantastic this afternoon, and makes all the difference to have English commentary - or any at all even!

Just tried to start a Netflix account, with Turkish VPN and got fobbed off. I have let my UK acc lapse and used the link to restart.It seems that when you go to login, it will tell you that you have an incorrect password and change it. When you go to change it, it will say we have encountered an error. You can, of course put a Turkish mobile number in and get the sms.........

Any ideas folks:smirk:

Just tried to start a Netflix account, with Turkish VPN and got fobbed off. I have let my UK acc lapse and used the link to restart.It seems that when you go to login, it will tell you that you have an incorrect password and change it. When you go to change it, it will say we have encountered an error. You can, of course put a Turkish mobile number in and get the sms.........

The solution is to use a private browser and Login to your account before you turn VPN on and you are good to go. I had the same problem and that solved it for me. Enjoy

You could try this route

12 Month Netflix Premium for £51.61 (£4.30 pm) (Turkey Account) using vouchers @ Eneba / Turgame | hotukdeals

Currently on holiday and able to use all my normal apps with VPN on my phone but not on my firestick. Can get BBC iPlayer to work with phone switched to airplane mode but same VPN server on Firestick gets detected. Is there an equivalent to airplane mode on Firestick or another VPN workaround that I could try?

Currently on holiday and able to use all my normal apps with VPN on my phone but not on my firestick. Can get BBC iPlayer to work with phone switched to airplane mode but same VPN server on Firestick gets detected. Is there an equivalent to airplane mode on Firestick or another VPN workaround that I could try?
I can watch bbciplayer on my FS without any VPN, in most Northern European countries (haven't found one yet where it doesn't work) , it just asks me to confirm my postcode.
I don't even have a VPN on my FS, should get one tho, some other stuff doesn't work

I can watch bbciplayer on my FS without any VPN, in most Northern European countries (haven't found one yet where it doesn't work) , it just asks me to confirm my postcode.
I don't even have a VPN on my FS, should get one tho, some other stuff doesn't work
I am in Turkey and it doesn't work that way unfortunately. As I say the oddity is that same UK server works on phone and tablet (airplane mode) but not on FS. Is there a setting on FS that could get round whatever is tripping the geo lock?

I am in Turkey and it doesn't work that way unfortunately. As I say the oddity is that same UK server works on phone and tablet (airplane mode) but not on FS. Is there a setting on FS that could get round whatever is tripping the geo lock?
Have you tried the Smart DNS route instead? Something like Control D or Getflix should probably work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back