Setanta

If you want an alternative to Setanta that has EPL at 60fps (720p) and proper english comms then take a look at Csport.tv in the Caribbean (can be accessed with Mexican vpn too). USD8/month for two concurrent streams and currently 1 month for free if you sign up for one month. They‘re quite new so only mobile apps so far.

They will also be showing the World Cup so I‘m considering them as a backup if ITV streams are dogshit again 😂
I’ve tried using CSport but it never works with my VPNs. 😢 Tried 3 or 4 different countries with Nord and PIA, also on different protocols, but always detected and blocked.

I am with you. I need 50/60fps for sports - otherwise I find it grating to watch. I’d rather have 720p/50-60fps than 1080p/25-30fps. Makes it a challenge and a bit more costly to find services, but I’m willing to pay.

I signed up to CSport when it was a free service at the beginning of the season. The signup itself was easy enough, but obviously haven’t gone through the payment step which has since been introduced. I think you can only pay via the website, so they may have card restrictions, but given it’s a new site they may not have developed that yet.

Yeah I am constantly switching streaming services in and out to “optimise” my setup.

For me, Optus Sport was the only one that ticked all my boxes, but if I didn’t have it, I would probably be using Peacock+Csport as my setup. Last season I was using Peacock+DAZN, and CSport is a cheaper way to get the remaining games not shown on Peacock in 720/60fps.

Last edited:
Will try CSport and see how it is. A small bump in the road that they don’t have an AppleTV app yet, but hopefully AirPlay is an option.
How is the signup process for Optus, are there non-australian payment options that works?
You can definitely AirPlay (or Chromecast, I forgot which one, but think it’s airplay). I did that when trying it out back when it was free. Yes, they don’t have any smart tv apps yet, but given they only launched their apps a month or so ago, I’d hope they’re coming. Let me know if you manage to pay - I might sign up for the World Cup as I am not sure I trust BBC/ITV 🤣

The issue with Optus is that it requires an Australian phone number for OTP - payment is straightforward. It’s a bit of a faff, but doable. A lot of people here seem to have issues getting Optus to work, so Peacock might be easier and it’s definitely cheaper.

Guys what about vidio Indonesia tried them all bar Optus best by far in my eyes easy payment on Google about £40 covers EPL,ecl,el

Yep I already signed up to a yearly Peacock plan for $20 last month. Amazing deal really, just a shame they don’t have all the games. Will give C sport a go for the games not available on peacock and let you know how it turns out. Saw some comments that quite a few vpn’s aren’t working perfectly with C sports so qurious to see how it pans out. Hopefully control D/Windscribe will do the job.
This month you can get a year of Paramount+ for $25 which will give you all the Champions, Europa and Conference League games at a nice and tidy 1080p/60fps quality. Then all bases should be covered 🤣

That’s interesting! Might have to look into that as well, thanks for the tip 😎 All these subscriptions comes out to less money yearly than a monthly subscription to watch the local EPL coverage in Norway so it’s definately worth it!
Yup - a lot cheaper than UK as well. You might need a US credit card to get the US Paramount+ at half price. The promo code is UEFA50 but I think it can only be redeemed on the website.

Alternatively, you can look at Stan Sport in Australia. It’s a bit more expensive at AUD21, but gives you some of the games in 4k/50fps and the rest in 1080p/50fps. I am using this one at the moment and enjoying it.

Does anyone have any experience with Setanta web version and NordVPN? "UNFORTUNATELY THIS SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE IF YOU ARE USING A VPN".

As far as I understand from other places, Setanta started to block access with VPN. Tried different countries with no success. Are there any good alternatives or maybe another way to connect to Setanta?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience with Setanta web version and NordVPN? "UNFORTUNATELY THIS SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE IF YOU ARE USING A VPN".

As far as I understand from other places, Setanta started to block access with VPN. Tried different countries with no success. Are there any good alternatives or maybe another way to connect to Setanta?
I just tested Nord, PIA and KeepSolid on Setanta across Web, iPhone and Fire Cube. Using Moldova and Georgia across Wireguard, IKEv2 and OpenVPN protocols.

Only the iPhone App using Georgia on PIA seemed to work and even then I wouldn’t feel that confident. I haven’t used Setanta in a month or so after unsubscribing but it’s a shame to see them blocking connections so much. ☹️

I just tested Nord, PIA and KeepSolid on Setanta across Web, iPhone and Fire Cube. Using Moldova and Georgia across Wireguard, IKEv2 and OpenVPN protocols.

Only the iPhone App using Georgia on PIA seemed to work and even then I wouldn’t feel that confident. I haven’t used Setanta in a month or so after unsubscribing but it’s a shame to see them blocking connections so much. ☹️

Yeah, same for me with iOS app, still kinda working with NordVPN but wouldn't trust it with my money if this is the case.

Yeah, same for me with iOS app, still kinda working with NordVPN but wouldn't trust it with my money if this is the case.
what country are you using on nord, ive cancelled the sub and it will run to international break, be nice to have it even for last month :grin: is vidio easy to sub to what country do i set vpn to please

moldova + georgia getting vpn detected

what country are you using on nord, ive cancelled the sub and it will run to international break, be nice to have it even for last month :grin: is vidio easy to sub to what country do i set vpn to please

Do you mean for ios? Moldova seemed to be working with Nord, but if you meant on their web app then nothing works, hence my question above.

Do you mean for ios? Moldova seemed to be working with Nord, but if you meant on their web app then nothing works, hence my question above.
yeah sorry on web and android not a sausage with ipvanish or nord, counting myself lucky i was able to get access to cancel, looking into vidio but not sure if can pay using google pay sure it was option at start of season epl

Anyone here still use Setanta and knows of a working VPN/server?

Only thing I know that still works is ControlD.

Back