Setup advice for newbie to cable CS

Changy

Hi all

I know this sounds a bit crazy but I have a full sub with Vermin. I wanted to get a box in my son's bedroom when he moves back home but they are talking stupid money. They say it is because we are on a heavily discounted deal and cannot upgrade until the deal expires or pay the extortionate increased costs.

He won't watch that much TV, just some of the sport to be honest and he certainly doesn't need HD.

I have a VU+ Duo 2 which I could fit a Cable tuner into so I am wondering what is the best way to tackle it. I'm also happy to consider IPTV but having tested a few suppliers, I find them pretty poor!

Any advice welcomed

Changy

So I have installed Wooshbuild and an IPTV ipk from a forum user...I hope I am doing the right thing. I am using a VU+ Zero as a test platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok now you need a line you can ask on a certain page on here cant think what page it is though i use mgcamd line starting with CWS = and it uses the softcam mgcamd 1.38r which if you press red button you should see if the cams have been installed wooshman said he was sorting it out

The cable tuner for my Duo2 arrrived today so I will be be installing and connecting it later. I have asked for a Vermin test line in the referenced section.

Do I install this new line in the same place as my Sly TV C line? Will they run concurrently?

TIA

if you have infinity on the box unzip this file then copy the cws line on to newcamdlist file put it on a spare usb in front of box /press green button /press wb config/go to usb cam importer and follow instructions/ then red button softcam panel select cam 1 press arrows left or right to get mg camd 1.38r up then press green to start

Attachments

• mgCam.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 10
if you have infinity on the box unzip this file then copy the cws line on to newcamdlist file put it on a spare usb in front of box /press green button /press wb config/go to usb cam importer and follow instructions/ then red button softcam panel select cam 1 press arrows left or right to get mg camd 1.38r up then press green to start
Well that was a complete doddle; thank you my friend!

I have now managed to get everything working. I am assuming that Sly Sports is SD only? That is not an issue whatsoever.

you also need the net id for your area as well have you got it

During the Vermin channel setup I chose Bristol as the ID; I was expecting to see Gloucester but it wasn't listed. If that needs changing how would I go about it?

TIA

Changy

Back