Sky broadband and IPTV

There is a lot in what you say is on the money.
As I said, it is my friend that is the "expert", all I know is it was in a "geek" site that had that workaround; so the experts said that you cannot add a VPN directly on to a Sky Router. If you tried it then they would know your game and refuse the connection (to techy for me).

As I said, it is my friend that is the "expert", all I know is it was in a "geek" site that had that workaround; so the experts said that you cannot add a VPN directly on to a Sky Router. If you tried it then they would know your game and refuse the connection (to techy for me).
Always better with a third party router

Always better with a third party router
The new router loses the sh*t Skyrouter hands down, it actually runs 2 boxes on wi-fi easily with only a slight diff.in the channel being maybe about 10 secs later than the main 1 running mainly in 4K with no glitches so far? Previously I had to have the main box on ethernet thro' the Powerline Adaptors in mains power sockets, so if anybody needs it give me a shout.

What's the reasoning behind that?

Mad innit.

The one I know said since blocking sky broadband users they haven't had blocks off other isp's
Sky and virgin are the worst two of all. Proves my point sky isp snooping on your internet usage

Things going on most people do not realise.A vpn stops the fookers spying on what should be a private line connection. Bounce your data traffic all over the place and switch countries weekly is what i advise people.The one thing that works very well if you can maintain a good download speed is to leave the vpn all the time as switching it on only for the football can cause more issues than not having a vpn sometimes believe it or not.

Also mate; Throttling the Internet, they would not get away with it in the U. S. ?
Yeah they won't openly admit that they do it Vodafone is same aswell for throttling but I seem to find imo people that use iptv for daily viewing are the ones that, experience most drops in speeds

Things going on most people do not realise.A vpn stops the fookers spying on what should be a private line connection. Bounce your data traffic all over the place and switch countries weekly is what i advise people.The one thing that works very well if you can maintain a good download speed is to leave the vpn all the time as switching it on only for the football can cause more issues than not having a vpn sometimes believe it or not.

Thats the thing is having a good download speed when VPN is on consistently.

Personally I dont have good enough download speeds to justify leaving VPN on all the time no matter how close or far location is selected.

Mate, as I said earlier mines is all Wi-Fi, checked the netgear app for speed ,it was showing as full line speed of 72mbps. Now the phone line in this 100=yr old house was original BT, box that old it did not show up in the Sky Broadband connx. Had a friend who worked with BT in the Govt. Systems division, he did a full test on the line, it came up as 72 mbps, which would be the max thro' that old type of cable. All rooms in house
come up as full 100% on the router app. I leave it on all the time, it has enough to run the 4K on Netflix in Bedroom & IPTV in Lounge at the same time, says you can run 5 devices at one time & it does a lot superior to Sky shit cheap router, which could not run Netflix 4K (14mbps)
sometimes by wi-fi, had to hard wired to Powerlink by ethernet. So I have no complaints with it, yet.

The new router loses the sh*t Skyrouter hands down, it actually runs 2 boxes on wi-fi easily with only a slight diff.in the channel being maybe about 10 secs later than the main 1 running mainly in 4K with no glitches so far? Previously I had to have the main box on ethernet thro' the Powerline Adaptors in mains power sockets, so if anybody needs it give me a shout.
Agree with the latest s** router its a better beast, but still loses the wifi, still pretty shite speeds but my mrs data building up nicely..?as every issue with s/ fast they top up with free data.. regards the sky block its down to good provider, no block with them
Enjoy ID

Mate, as I said earlier mines is all Wi-Fi, checked the netgear app for speed ,it was showing as full line speed of 72mbps. Now the phone line in this 100=yr old house was original BT, box that old it did not show up in the Sky Broadband connx. Had a friend who worked with BT in the Govt. Systems division, he did a full test on the line, it came up as 72 mbps, which would be the max thro' that old type of cable. All rooms in house
come up as full 100% on the router app. I leave it on all the time, it has enough to run the 4K on Netflix in Bedroom & IPTV in Lounge at the same time, says you can run 5 devices at one time & it does a lot superior to Sky shit cheap router, which could not run Netflix 4K (14mbps)
sometimes by wi-fi, had to hard wired to Powerlink by ethernet. So I have no complaints with it, yet.
Your a very powerful guy with high up connections i must admit (amazing) Govt Systems division (GCHQ) 007 :sunglasses: I will have to put the shades on for tesco shopping tomorrow as never know who is watching who about the joint.

Your a very powerful guy with high up connections i must admit (amazing) Govt Systems division (GCHQ) 007 :sunglasses: I will have to put the shades on for tesco shopping tomorrow as never know who is watching who about the joint.
Unfortunately he died to young 10yrs ago or we would have never had all the shite with sky about speeds, the wife decided that Sky was the best deal for super dooper b/band, so got it in in Aug.16'--- was 30mbps d/l.-- 9.3mbps u/l--28 m/s delay. next day--10 d/l--10.5 u/l--44 m/s del.
my little netgear they replaced for the HD shit was running in the 60mbps line speed. Gave up arguing with them, as half the tits didnt know what I was explaining to them. Fekin stupid young engineer on phone was wanting me to unscrew(?) the Old BT Socket off to see the cables; well as an
Ex- Construction Manager " I said--- You **** Right Off & Get Me your Manager; some Health & Safety their with the kiddie on policy--- they
never did come back & cut a £5/mth off the price; funcikg clowns.

Unfortunately he died to young 10yrs ago or we would have never had all the shite with sky about speeds, the wife decided that Sky was the best deal for super dooper b/band, so got it in in Aug.16'--- was 30mbps d/l.-- 9.3mbps u/l--28 m/s delay. next day--10 d/l--10.5 u/l--44 m/s del.
my little netgear they replaced for the HD shit was running in the 60mbps line speed. Gave up arguing with them, as half the tits didnt know what I was explaining to them. Fekin stupid young engineer on phone was wanting me to unscrew(?) the Old BT Socket off to see the cables; well as an
Ex- Construction Manager " I said--- You **** Right Off & Get Me your Manager; some Health & Safety their with the kiddie on policy--- they
never did come back & cut a £5/mth off the price; funcikg clowns.
My kind of guy and straight to the point no bull sh--t

My kind of guy and straight to the point no bull sh--t
Honestly mate, I am not a bad person, yes I've fecked people off sites for cumin the cnut, the thing is a lot of the time I did not need to use a computer, sometimes had clerks(?) for that, anyways never found a computer smart enough to take on a site & tell a Tradesman his work was
shite & he could leave the site, or they were being put off site for Safety Breaches. Sure it could store all the safety files; but it could not implement the rules on the site when you notice a problem. Worst Trade-- Painters.

Honestly mate, I am not a bad person, yes I've fecked people off sites for cumin the cnut, the thing is a lot of the time I did not need to use a computer, sometimes had clerks(?) for that, anyways never found a computer smart enough to take on a site & tell a Tradesman his work was
shite & he could leave the site, or they were being put off site for Safety Breaches. Sure it could store all the safety files; but it could not implement the rules on the site when you notice a problem. Worst Trade-- Painters.
I am a chippy and enjoy it as much now as i did 30 years ago.

Back