Sky cable splitters

Looking for some recommendations about Sky cable splitters. I have a Zgemma h2s and I've just rejoined Sky as well. I would like use both at the same for the few decent channels that still work on the zgemma. What cable splitter should I buy that won't decrease picture and sound quality? Thanks in advance!

As far as I know, you can't split a feed from the LNB and retain full functionality on more than 1 receiver as if the LNB is is receiving channels from 1 transponder on 1 receiver, the other receiver will only be able to receive channels on that same transponder.

Bear in mind folks, I'm a complete amateur at this. Dumb it down where possible.

I don't need to use the boxes simultaneously, I just don't want to have to remove and switch the cable between the sky and zgemma boxes to watch certain (sports) channels.

No we just have the standard sky + HD box.

If you have S*y+ then this should have 2 wires coming from the dish into the house - you can plug 1 into the original S*y box and 1 into the Zgemma ... this way though, you wouldn't be able to watch 1 channel whilst recording another.

Each box needs its own feeds from the dish mate.
If the inb (on dish) has a spare two ports it's just a case or adding more coax from dish to the zgemma.
If not wanting to record on zgemma just one more feed from dish and disable tunner b.

Back