SkyQ Skin

Hey Chabs do you think the mockup below for the single epg ( not multi epg ) could be skinned, when you press left or right the three picons and name text appear to move horizontally .

View attachment 18580

Looks similar to this from sky q .

View attachment 18581
That wont be possible for the single epg as it shows the preview of what episode is coming next. Wont be able to create previews of all shows are episodes.

Would be possible with horizontal menus instead of vertical for multiepg screen as it will have a preview picon of the previous current n next channels..

:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Chabs,

hope all is well and you got through the first week of the school holidays ok

I have just rebuilt a VU+ Zero with openvix from scratch (no other plugins) and installed this skin, picons, preview etc. from 1st post - all is working well apart from the preview.rar has the old previews

the text at the bottom of my graphical epg is different from yours red - IMDB Search green - Add Timer yellow - EPG Search blue - Add Auto Timer. How did you get the Options, Planner, +24, -24 on yours?

just need to rebuild my other box and see if the crash I was experiencing is cured by a nice fresh build

cheers

Its something with the vix build of your image. The crashes are caused by pressing a key on the channel selection screen which conflicts with something with your dvb drivers...

I don't use OpenVix, I use OpenATV 5.3 (not sure if this makes any difference)

Its something with the vix build of your image. The crashes are caused by pressing a key on the channel selection screen which conflicts with something with your dvb drivers...

I don't use OpenVix, I use OpenATV 5.3 (not sure if this makes any difference)
No it shouldnt. I use ATV5.3 as well...open you crashlogs you will see what is actually crashing your box. It is something to do with the dvb drives unless sum coding with the v1.5 is breaking something...but it should show on the log...

Anyone still got the v1.4 ipk so I can revert back and do some experimenting.

btw. it seems to crash more when ive been playing something back that was either recorded or downloaded through IPTV then go out to flick channels - doesnt happen all the time but thats when it usually does.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Chabs,

hope all is well and you got through the first week of the school holidays ok

I have just rebuilt a VU+ Zero with openvix from scratch (no other plugins) and installed this skin, picons, preview etc. from 1st post - all is working well apart from the preview.rar has the old previews

the text at the bottom of my graphical epg is different from yours red - IMDB Search green - Add Timer yellow - EPG Search blue - Add Auto Timer. How did you get the Options, Planner, +24, -24 on yours?

just need to rebuild my other box and see if the crash I was experiencing is cured by a nice fresh build

cheers
I have used a customised epgselection.py hack for that. It is nothing wrong with your image.

I will post a new dropbox link with updated picons & preview.png files...

Hey Chabs do you think the mockup below for the single epg ( not multi epg ) could be skinned, when you press left or right the three picons and name text appear to move horizontally .

View attachment 18580

Looks similar to this from sky q .

View attachment 18581
That wont be possible for the single epg as it shows the preview of what episode is coming next. Wont be able to create previews of all shows are episodes.

Would be possible with horizontal menus instead of vertical for multiepg screen as it will have a preview picon of the previous current n next channels..

:)

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to implement here.

Below for the Quickepg

If you activate single epg instead of multiepg you can press right or left to scroll channels and up and down to scroll thru the time line because it's list based.

If I was trying to design that first screen (mockup) I'd leave out the list but just have the following.

1: previous channel picon
2: current channel picon
3: next channel picon
4: previous channel name event
5: current channel name event
6: next channel name event
7: current channel full description

Hope the above makes sense but all hangs on if you can show the three differant picons for the previous, now, next channels.

Last edited:
Hi guys still no joy for me with the new skin just can't get it to download onot xtrend et8000. Someone mentioned earlier to telnet onto but still didn't work...does anyone have any other ideas

Thanks for the skin, it looks so futuristics and nice. Please is it ok for you to post the settings configuration based on the pictures above. I tried it but seems skewed based on my tv and box settings. Like some info are off the skins on the right hand side.

I think all you need to do is to go into the skin xml and Copy the screen channelselection and copy this into the new xml replacing the original or just renaming to channelselection_old etc .

Hi Chabs,

I'm not sure what I've done wrong, or even if it's anything to do with the skin BUT the Sky epg doesn't populate until I've selected the channel. I've set the epg to update every day at 01:00 and the Freesat populates just fine.

If I've got this post in the wrong thread my apologies and could you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Hi Chabs,

I'm not sure what I've done wrong, or even if it's anything to do with the skin BUT the Sky epg doesn't populate until I've selected the channel. I've set the epg to update every day at 01:00 and the Freesat populates just fine.

If I've got this post in the wrong thread my apologies and could you point me in the right direction.

Thanks
You need to check out your epg source settings mate.

screen.jpg

hi great mod just installed it im running on vix which i downloaded the vix files for it but its messed up what went wrong please?

Guys its very simple just follow the guidelines below.

Unzip either SkyQ Mod 1.5 for Vix / all boxes

Copy Ch_Select_Mod folder to the skyQ skin folder
Copy the skin.xml to skyQ folder (overwriting the original)
Copy skin_ORIG.xml to skyQ folder (this is the original skin.xml file incase anything messes up , just rename)
Restart Gui

To get the channel selection looking like mine with just the channel numbers and channel name do the following.

1: Press down arrow to show the channel selection
2: Press menu
3: Select settings
4: Channel list preview = yes
5: Show event progess in channel selection =no
6: Show Channel numbers in channel selection =yes
7: Show crypto icons =none
8: Show service type icons =none
9: Show picons in service list =no
10:show columns = 600 pixels wide
11:Number of rows =10

12: press green for ok to save settings

all other settings as standard.

Thanks pal appreciate it [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post Merged at 02:39 PM ----------

new screen.jpg

its lot better now but how i get preview picons lefted instead of the normal picons and also would just like the name of channel in middle instead of channel and whats on thanks again

Thanks pal appreciate it [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

---------- Post Merged at 02:39 PM ----------

View attachment 18699

its lot better now but how i get preview picons lefted instead of the normal picons and also would just like the name of channel in middle instead of channel and whats on thanks again

Yes looks much better unfortunitly we have very little options to us with the positioning of elements within the list.

Ill have a look at the picons buddy.

Thanks it's a great the mod [emoji3]

If your happy with editing the xml you can do the following

Open skin.xml with notepad++ or any editor
Ctrl+F and search for
<screen name="ChannelSelection"

Look for the following near the bottom of the </screen>

<widget source="Service" render="Picon" position="0,271" size="319,180" alphatest="blend" backgroundColor="transparent" transparent="1" zPosition="3">
<convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>
</widget>

Just change the render="picon" to SkyPicon

Simple

But depends on what picons you got as i have Mk picons as standard.

I'm using chabs picons and his previews might be bit technical for me the notepad but will definitely try it I'm using Alien amiko 2 and when I start messing about with too many settings it starts too flicker so I'm my worst enemy messing with it [emoji23][emoji23]

Back