Sly UK abm

Had similar problem With ABM scan had frequency isues When tested my installation
With satellite meter I was missing channels
On the vertical side of the Transponder
Was faulty l.n.b Port

When you start ABM scan do you recieve This
Screen shot

Attachments

• 20200710_173349.jpg
    20200710_173349.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 23
When you start ABM scan do you recieve This
Screen shot
Yes that's the message I get. I've done a scan previously. All the channels work on sly B providers, I just cant use abm to create sly bouquets. But I can use abm to create Freesat bouquets using the same tuner. So I'm confused

To confirm it is a frequency problem
Blue button on the reciever scroll down to signal finder scroll down to transponder
Use the left and right arrow keys on your remote scroll through the Transponder This
Will show if you have no lock indicator on the v or h side of the Transponder

Attachments

• 15944093291137646632519342911506.jpg
    15944093291137646632519342911506.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 11
I've done a scan previously. All the channels work on sly B providers,
You can't really say that because most channels on Sky do not work on Enigma2 receivers. How many services do you get if you perform a scan of 28.2 using the tuner that ABM is using?

The test in post 24 will also show you a fault, but you need to check several transponders. Most people get a lock on first one and say I get perfect signal. Some LNBs have a fault in that they will switch one way but not the other. IMO, best to leave it to scan and go and have a cup of tea, when you come back, you will have a result screen.

Would agree big fault with l.n.bs can't switch
Correctly between the v and h side of the Transponder In my case I disconnected the satellite cable going to the reciever and tested
The l.n.b Port with satellite meter which was
Showing no signal on the v side of the Transponder Changed my cable to another
l.n.b Port all was good

Yes that's what I mean but it keeps coming up with tuner failed yet the channels work
I had a couple of old Zgemma H.2S boxes where Tuner A and/or Tuner B failed. In the box with failed Tuner A I disabled it in Tuner Config and used Tuner B for Satellite Channels. In box with failed Tuners A & B, disabled both tuners and used box for IPTV.

Last edited:
Would agree big fault with l.n.bs can't switch
Correctly between the v and h side of the Transponder In my case I disconnected the satellite cable going to the reciever and tested
The l.n.b Port with satellite meter which was
Showing no signal on the v side of the Transponder Changed my cable to another
l.n.b Port all was good
hi does anyone have custom build file for channels that are left over zgemma

You can't really say that because most channels on Sky do not work on Enigma2 receivers. How many services do you get if you perform a scan of 28.2 using the tuner that ABM is using?

The test in post 24 will also show you a fault, but you need to check several transponders. Most people get a lock on first one and say I get perfect signal. Some LNBs have a fault in that they will switch one way but not the other. IMO, best to leave it to scan and go and have a cup of tea, when you come back, you will have a result screen.
Right so I've.done a manual scan of 28.2 and received 542 channels found

That is a big fault. I don't think it is an alignment issue. It is more likely an LNB issue.

Are you sure you are not using a SkyQ/wideband LNB. They have two connections for signal wires, universal ones from Sky generally have four. If it is a universal one, IMO it is faulty.

That is a big fault. I don't think it is an alignment issue. It is more likely an LNB issue.

Are you sure you are not using a SkyQ/wideband LNB. They have two connections for signal wires, universal ones from Sky generally have four. If it is a universal one, IMO it is faulty.
The dish I have is old. From before sly q was even around. I'm getting 99percent signal on signal finder though. And could this make abm not work? Surely it should still find some channels no instead of failing?

99% signal on what? That value only applies to the transponder you are checking.

ABM does not scan, it reads the signal stream. For Sky UK it reads the data on 11778, vertical, 27500.

As someone else advised, check signal finder. I'm sure all the vertical ones will fail.

99% signal on what? That value only applies to the transponder you are checking.

ABM does not scan, it reads the signal stream. For Sky UK it reads the data on 11778, vertical, 27500.

As someone else advised, check signal finder. I'm sure all the vertical ones will fail.
How do I check that

Menu, Setup, Reception (or Tuners& Scanning), Signal finder.

Using left/right, up/down, select the correct tuner, change to predefined transponder, go through the list one by one.

Ok so I'm getting no signal on 11778 v 27500

Correct. As you were 400+ channels short on your scan, I'm 99% sure you are missing all the vertical ones. As you said, ABM succeeds in Freesat only. If you just use that, going through the channels will result in a tune failed message on all channels on the vertical plane.

There is a slight possibility it is not LNB, but up to you how you want to pinpoint the fault.

Last edited:
On the Transponder you have no lock indicator on 11778v 27500 2/3 The channels
Missing would be UK Gold Dave
Before you change the l.n.b can you switch
Your satellite cables onto another l.n.b Port

Back