smart tv & vpn

paul63

Good morning all
Have a vpn installed on my pc and my smart LG tv not Android is connected by Ethernet power line adapter is my tv being protected by the vpn or do I need to do something else
Thanks for any help and info
Regards
Paul

If the VPN is installed on the PC only then it will not be on your TV. You would need to have the VPN on the router that the TV is connected to. Either that or install the VPN on the TV, assuming there is an app to do this. Not sure if such a thing exists for smart TV, never tried.

No it's not protected. Unlikely that your smart TV has VPN apps. As mentioned above VPN enabled router is an option

Hi thanks for getting back
These are my options the problem is I have a virgin super hub 3 unable to adjust settings as they are greyed out,I do have a ASUS AC51u router still sealed been told I can use this by putting my s3 in to modem mode are the any videos on how to do this set up with the router
My second option get another superhub 2 have seen plenty around on a certain sites or get a android box with at least 4 gig ram more ram the better I believe for iptv
3rd option smart tv running android but there no cheap what do you guys think
Regards
Paul

Back