Some Kryptview problem solving tips and tricks

hi
always take the mick out of the mother inlaw whos a hoarder...her comps older than me...she has 4 of the buggers haha...so i was doing everything right just the wrong bloody lead for my comp ....but sorted now...thanks to you and you patience and help :) thankyou :peace:....do you think its best to invest in a male null and usb for the future?as i bought a female null/usb by mistake or get a tower and add a null modem port? ....and another quick one...do you know any good stb file converter programms ..cause as i say i have a technomate too that may require a new patch as some channels have been lost and reading up it may need a new patch but the file i have downloaded wont open i havent the right programs to do so ?
thanks lisa x

i have 2 pc towers both with added serial port/rs232 best to use them with the null modem cable [ now correctly labelled flashing cable lol ] 3 laptops also have rs232 ports,not sure if any pc tower can take the card,it depends if you need a tower for other things or just for flashing:whistling:electronic one or keep an eye out for old dell lappy pick up cheap

hi
you are a star.....i had an old dell lattitude lappy under my bed..really slow and covered in dust...cause you said that ..just dug it out and low and behold!!!!:band2: the null modem port is there!!! after all that hahaha ...cheers again i would of never even thought of looking at that old thing :) your a bloody genius man
thanks lisa x

hahahaha what else did you find under there,it just shows what old crap still is usable but slow and gets you there.keep it safe now as you may need it again ,did you find that lost lotto ticket yet?:whistling:

do some reading about and a google search on the name and you will get the info you need

must be a useless box everywhere sold out,yes m8 a good box with good support and helpis what its all about on cable connections.(y)

can of worms there kryptview hd at £250, sat boxes for the elite £1000,you dont want of them lol,single /double/treble tuners,want to record then a twin tuner,1 sat =1 fixed dish or multiple sats and motorised dish
if you want to check sat out look at the sat section and we can leave this section as the kryptview.

Last edited:
I done few scans on the box but few channels are still missing and is there any chance, i can upload the new software myself to the box.

Where can you get this lead from then?

images.jpg

For Kryptview A780

Need to update the S/W to the latest one. S/W Update via the remote is not even moving. Dont think it will either. Only way to do this is manually and that lead can be a savior for me! :)

Last edited:
Hi mendi,

Sure you can manualy flash the box to the latest firmware yourself. It is available in the downloads section, and is linked also in the tips and tricks.

Hi j4v3d,

You can get them from many places j4v3d. Lincast nick nacks website in accessories section, amazon, maplins. they can be a pain as mentioned on the tips and tricks and ur much better finding an old comp and just use the NULL modem by itself mate.

jodav :)

Where can you get this lead from then?

View attachment 8450

For Kryptview A780

Need to update the S/W to the latest one. S/W Update via the remote is not even moving. Dont think it will either. Only way to do this is manually and that lead can be a savior for me! :)

Not sure that device in the photo will work dont even look like the correct one.

You will need this >>>
$(KGrHqVHJE!FBns4+ds1BQ,r+5Cji!~~60_35.JPG

You will also need this >>>>
$(KGrHqZHJEEE94gg)r+EBPl(i9seEQ~~60_12.JPG

I done few scans on the box but few channels are still missing and is there any chance, i can upload the new software myself to the box.

What channels are you missing ? also missing channels can also be down to the wrong Net Id selected !

Back