Speed changing due to light on ethernet port?

I don't think they say guaranteed. Its up to 100mb.

I'm guessing you mean down streams on router? Haven't checked router settings for such a long time.

I get what you and others are saying. But as I said for years and most of the time I was getting my full or nearly full speeds. For nearly 2 weeks that's no longer the case that's my main point and find it highly unusual.

Taken from the TOS. Looks like you are in their Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed. 50% of your Speed is their Minimum Speed before you can complain. So it can drop to 50MB and you still won't have a leg to stand on.

Also, not being funny mate but we are 6 pages through helping you try to resolve this. And you just said to @steptoe that they don't provide a Guaranteed Speed. When clearly a simple Google search shows they do.

Least you could do is find out if your speed drop is even in breach of TOS you initially signed up for. Either way your new speed of 60MB is fine according to Virgins terms. If it drops below 50MB is when you can complain...

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Taken from the TOS. Looks like you are in their Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed. 50% of your Speed is their Minimum Speed before you can complain. So it can drop to 50MB and you still won't have a leg to stand on.

Also, not being funny mate but we are 6 pages through helping you try to resolve this. And you just said to @steptoe that they don't provide a Guaranteed Speed. When clearly a simple Google search shows they do.

Least you could do is find out if your speed drop is even in breach of TOS you initially signed up for. Either way your new speed of 60MB is fine according to Virgins terms. If it drops below 50MB is when you can complain...

View attachment 61619

I meant 100mb isn't guaranteed by them OK.

As you have just stated that it's VM end and in affect not my end that's the issue seems issue is resolved.

So let's just leave it at then. Issue is resolved then and I can happily accept the new norm of lesser speed (y)

I meant 100mb isn't guaranteed by them OK.

As you have just stated that it's VM end and in affect not my end that's the issue seems issue is resolved.

So let's just leave it at then. Issue is resolved then and I can happily accept the new norm of lesser speed (y)
No one has said it's at VMs end,
So check and see what DL speed your router is showing, then you will know if it's something your end you can fix, or something that is out of your control.

i have 2 ethernet cables in the back of my modem one going to desktop pc other going to box the one going to the pc is green the one to the box is orange

VPN is not in play as not using that when it comes to streaming/downloading.
If you're not using a VPN when downloading and VM are aware of the sites you are visiting (pirate bay etc) they will throttle your speed. I got fed up with my father in law asking me for this film and that film so I taught him how to download for himself. He went crazy downloading everything he could find but his speed went down like mad. He rang VM to see if they could sort it and was told he's been downloading illegally and they could tell him which sites and at what times he was on them and they were slowing his speeds for a while and if he continued to DL he would lose his BB.
Number one rule of downloading - always use a VPN

If you're not using a VPN when downloading and VM are aware of the sites you are visiting (pirate bay etc) they will throttle your speed. I got fed up with my father in law asking me for this film and that film so I taught him how to download for himself. He went crazy downloading everything he could find but his speed went down like mad. He rang VM to see if they could sort it and was told he's been downloading illegally and they could tell him which sites and at what times he was on them and they were slowing his speeds for a while and if he continued to DL he would lose his BB.
Number one rule of downloading - always use a VPN

Your right in some respect.

But I have spoken to VM before and never have they said I have gone on illegal sites what they class as or throttle me every day.

For downloading never use a VPN for other things yes. Guess depends on individual.

But I don't torrent directly anymore. I use RD, file hosts and warez site mainly.

Again I don't believe my issue is down to VM throttling me but I don't really want to go in circles here and cause issues for anyone here with any more posts of mine on this thread.

Your right in some respect.

But I have spoken to VM before and never have they said I have gone on illegal sites what they class as or throttle me every day.

For downloading never use a VPN for other things yes. Guess depends on individual.

But I don't torrent directly anymore. I use RD, file hosts and warez site mainly.

Again I don't believe my issue is down to VM throttling me but I don't really want to go in circles here and cause issues for anyone here with any more posts of mine on this thread.
No problem mate, it was a few years ago. It was just a thought

Hardware revision 2:
Green LED

• On = Connected with 1000Mbps
  • Off = Connected with 100/10Mbps

Orange LED

• On = Port is being connected, but no data is being transferred
  • Off = Port is being disconnected
  • Blinking = Data is being transferred

For now, unless CK directly asks me, this thread is closed.

Issue is resolved, yet ye keep on conversing.

Similar to previous threads - OP refuses to answer questions, refuses to take advice and report back, refuses to do what is asked.

THREAD CLOSED!!

It would seem that I mistook sarcasm for a true statement, so I have opened this again.

But with green max you can get is 100meg whereas with orange you can get 1gig speeds.

So surely that would mean speeds are factor depending on the light that on.
For me, you are looking at the problem backwards, you seem to think that the lights are dictating the speed, they are not.
What they are is an indicator of what speeds you are getting, so, for example, if your speed drops in the cable the light will show green, while if the speed increases to 1 gig, the lights will shine orange.

Back