Speed changing due to light on ethernet port?

you can use it as access point if that is what you mean.
Meant if the mesh could act as the router for WIFI and direct connection also with VM in modem mode simliar to third party routers how they work.

They are interesting for sure. May look at them in the future.

Meant if the mesh could act as the router for WIFI and direct connection also with VM in modem mode simliar to third party routers how they work.

They are interesting for sure. May look at them in the future.
yes that is exactly how they work wifi disabled on vm router deco then plugged into vm ethernet port and each deco has two ethernet ports so you can also connect ethernet switch box to other port or in my case desktop downstairs connected to second port and other deco upstairs i have 5 port ethernet switch box connected to one of the ports that feeds zgemma h9 combo and gigablue uhd quad 4k.

Holy crap run speedtest here.

Internet speed test
015102050100+
Megabits per second

Testing upload…
Mbps download
Mbps upload
Latency: 5 ms
Server: Dublin
Your Internet connection is very fast.
Your Internet connection should be able to handle multiple devices streaming HD videos, video conferencing and gaming at the same time.

yes that is exactly how they work wifi disabled on vm router deco then plugged into vm ethernet port and each deco has two ethernet ports so you can also connect ethernet switch box to other port or in my case desktop downstairs connected to second port and other deco upstairs i have 5 port ethernet switch box connected to one of the ports that feeds zgemma h9 combo and gigablue uhd quad 4k.

They sound great for both WIFI and ethernet connection.

I am guessing the WIFI signal/coverage is quality all around the house I imagine?

Its bit off topic so apologies.

They sound great for both WIFI and ethernet connection.

I am guessing the WIFI signal/coverage is quality all around the house I imagine?

Its bit off topic so apologies.
wifi coverage is excellent with just the two in our house almost doubled the download speed on my samsung phone upstairs. you can also set speed limits for connected devices.

wifi coverage is excellent with just the two in our house almost doubled the download speed on my samsung phone upstairs. you can also set speed limits for connected devices.

They seem amazing these mesh systems and from reading it seems alot are going for that over third party wireless routers. Even though latter are still popular for other aspects also.

Wonder how the coverage of WIFI from the mesh systems would be if say your in the garden in your shed or even garage.

My head hurts
5 pages of the OP complaining that they don't get a constant 115meg,
But they only pay for a 100meg connection. :unsure:

Fair enough.

I made it clear numerous times speeds were maxing out and dropped significantly due to some kind of fault.

But if paying for 100mb I should now put up with around 60mb speeds ok 👍

Fair enough.

I made it clear numerous times speeds were maxing out and dropped significantly due to some kind of fault.

But if paying for 100mb I should now put up with around 60mb speeds ok 👍
That's the maximum you can expect,
What's your guaranteed minimum,?
I pay for 74 , luckily I get very close to that, 68+ , but I'm only guaranteed 35 ,
What speed is your router showing,? Not a speed test, but the actual speed your router is showing it is getting from the WAN.

That's the maximum you can expect,
What's your guaranteed minimum,?
I pay for 74 , luckily I get very close to that, 68+ , but I'm only guaranteed 35 ,
What speed is your router showing,? Not a speed test, but the actual speed your router is showing it is getting from the WAN.

I don't think they say guaranteed. Its up to 100mb.

I'm guessing you mean down streams on router? Haven't checked router settings for such a long time.

I get what you and others are saying. But as I said for years and most of the time I was getting my full or nearly full speeds. For nearly 2 weeks that's no longer the case that's my main point and find it highly unusual.

Back