Star-S Not Flashing (Please help)

MrThing

Hi guys,

Firstly, I am not a noob and have always managed to resolve tech issues previously.
My Star S is currently running IPab 1.3.6
Currently running Xtream TV 0.1.4 plugin (but this is not the one the new provider has asked me to have on the box)
New provider asked me to install via PUTTY: opkg install http://ukishere.ukisherebeer.com:25461/enigma2/XtreamTV_0.0.6_mips32el.ipk
The PUTTY Interface said: Not downgrading package XtreamTV on ROOT from 0.1.1 to 0.0.6
I've tried flashing the Star-s from scratch, and no USB pens I have Low-Level Formatted to FAT32 are recognized on either the rear or front USB ports, so it looks like I am stuck with IPAB. (The USB pens have worked previously)

POSSIBLE HELP REQUIRED:

1. Maybe I could remove the existing XtreamTV plugin manually?? Can any one tell me how to do this?
2. Can anyone tell me how to force a factory reset via the current GUI?
3. Can anyone tell me how to get IPTV working on the current build?

Thank you.

MrThingy

Firstly don't ever do a factory reset on the box not recommended have you tried opkg uninstall and type what your old provider told to install xtream TV have you tried pressing green menu plugins then red to uninstall plugins see if it's there are you putting the usb in the rear and using a 4-8 gig usb to flash ipleb isn't supported on forum have you tried downloading open atv first you are just putting zgemma file onto usb or open zgemma file and make sure there is a file that says force and not noforce

Firstly don't ever do a factory reset on the box not recommended have you tried opkg uninstall and type what your old provider told to install xtream TV have you tried pressing green menu plugins then red to uninstall plugins see if it's there are you putting the usb in the rear and using a 4-8 gig usb to flash ipleb isn't supported on forum have you tried downloading open atv first you are just putting zgemma file onto usb or open zgemma file and make sure there is a file that says force and not noforce

Hi thanks for the reply, APPRECIATED!

OK so not got the initial wording for the install that the provider sent.
Can't find the plugin on the COLOURED BUTTON unistall from GUI - what sub folder will it be in?

The Box does have WEBIF on it already - I don't know if this will help get it fixed...

Can't suss why it suddenly won't FLASH

Yes tied installing OPEN ATV but the problem as suggested is, its not detecting USB's

Hi thanks for the reply, APPRECIATED!

OK so not got the initial wording for the install that the provider sent.
Can't find the plugin on the COLOURED BUTTON unistall from GUI - what sub folder will it be in?

The Box does have WEBIF on it already - I don't know if this will help get it fixed...

Can't suss why it suddenly won't FLASH

Yes tied installing OPEN ATV but the problem as suggested is, its not detecting USB's
When you put the usb in rear turn on by white button then try holding power button in on front see if that will work you maybe better using putty to uninstall xtreamtv

Hi pal, tried that and no response. Can't remember the install path of XtreamTV to uninstall in Putty. No idea.

Can anyone support: Xtream TV 0.1.4 plugin - thanks

Hi guys,

Found the fix.
Windows 10 doesn't like Bootice or USB's that have been repartitioned in Bootice.
I had to Bootice in VISTA and then re-add that BOOTICE'd USB in Windows 10 via Disk management and allocating the drive letter.
Proceed as normal.

Back