Starview - 12 more months! What you wanted to know!! The Show Must Go On

i put new firmware on followed the guide etc
but can olny get 11 channels tried it at 2 address both the same i've got the right symbol rate 6887
the signal is 96 and quality 95 scan 11 channels then drops to s90 q10 and wont pickany more up

I had the same lockers, change your scan rate from 6887 to Auto and you should find the rest of the channels.
Worked for me, I had all sport channels and couldn't understand why others were quoting loads of other channels until I did the Auto scan instead of the area specific scan.

Good luck.

well sv7 i just tried scan on 6887 and auto and get 3 chans

also tried to do a manual scan but you cannot edit the 9*** number to 6887
spoke to someone in pure ntl staffs same problem
dont even get 12345 only 2 hd chans and the virgin pirate mesage realy f`ed the box up LOL

Last edited:
keepup good work

Added after 3 minutes:

tried download new software but just keeps scrambled

Last edited:
i live in Staffordshire and I have just downloaded the sv fix and did s/w upgrade and I only get 3 channels. Have tried both auto and NTL 6887 and its the same problem. Any ideas or help much aprrieciated?

Guys

Have you followed the previous instructions within this forum?

If so then
post your problems with details of what you have done and the results your are getting
because this is becoming a guessing game?

I feel like creating a game like "Ludo" but i'm going to call it "bend over starview"

regards
singhie
:faint:

Valley
live in Staffordshire and I have just downloaded the sv fix and did s/w upgrade and I only get 3 channels. Have tried both auto and NTL 6887 and its the same problem
looks like the software is not compatable in staffs realy tried a few house

Last edited:
yes 1819 makes it go enabled LOL
whats the point when we get 3 channels
2 are hd (and its not a hd box) and the virgin media warning message
what we are trying to say is it does not work in pure staffs ntl

i have tried every thing as well when u do a manual scan the option is not there for 6887 scan so i think thats where th e problem lies in the software

dont know if anybody can give u an answer but its workin all ova the uk, an peps keep coming up wiv my box wont do this my box wont do that !!! so its the box or the person doin it ? bet 99% ov peps av no probs....:dunno:

with out swearing i know it does not work on a sv6- and 7
in pure ntl they have something wrong end of ok
i do belive its working all over and i know it does not work in midlands ok

would not mind dont own a sv 6 ot 7 lol which is im just trying to get one working for a friend

i think the 12 months should start when all channels are back up and running cos thats how we bought the box origanally

i think the 12 months should start when all channels are back up and running cos thats how we bought the box origanally
Well said, this bloke the kiddy as he refers to himself has had long enough now.
He calls me a grass! The day after he offers the new firmware for starview, kryptview gets raided (funny that)

Actually mate read your post! That's why I called you a grass! As many other people on here have also read! Also I released it weeks (22march) before I called you a grass! (2april).

Can someone please quote why I called him a grass cos I can't find it on tapatalk?

Also it's not quite that simple to get 100% live but I'm sure you wouldn't understand!

Last edited:
since the last week the picture keeps freezing but comes back after a bit is anything being done about?

Ive also been helping a friend like JCT get his SV7 going but been away all weekend.
Just spoke to him and he only has 3 channels too.
We are also in the midlands and he is with virgin.
Having said all that, would I be right in thinking if hes had it working for a year (12 months)before, is this the reason why it doesn't work? or am I getting confused in thinking the box become useless after this time.
Or should I follow the instructions again from scratch to see if that gets some more channels, as i updated it about 2/3? weeks ago?
thanks

Sry if gibberish, only had 3hours kip and not stopped till about 5 mins ago lol

Back