Starview 6 - 7 firmware guide tutorial.

Some help pls someone.
my starview 6 box, got it flashed and working but sometime and currently saying not connected at the bottom of the information bar and all premium channels are scramble. Is there something wrong with the server or is there something wrong at my end ?. Any advise will be much helpfull so i don't stress over it. many thanks guys.

Last edited:
Folks

like many others i get my BB from guess who and want to understand the risks of continuing with them whilst using the LAN connection on S6

1) I assume that the LAN link needs to be constant. i.e. i cant go to me pals, set the box up then use the S6 without the lan connection back at home?

1b) what data is the lan used for?

2) Exactly how would the ISP be able to tell what i am looking at? Do they scan for the IP address that the s6 uses for the data feed?

3) has anyone had a bad experience with staying with the ISP so far?

please do let me know as i am going cold turkey over here :)

Regards

T

earlier in the thread it suggests it would be wiser to change supplier and not take the risk.;)

Folks

like many others i get my BB from guess who and want to understand the risks of continuing with them whilst using the LAN connection on S6

1) I assume that the LAN link needs to be constant. i.e. i cant go to me pals, set the box up then use the S6 without the lan connection back at home?

1b) what data is the lan used for?

2) Exactly how would the ISP be able to tell what i am looking at? Do they scan for the IP address that the s6 uses for the data feed?

3) has anyone had a bad experience with staying with the ISP so far?

please do let me know as i am going cold turkey over here :)

Regards

T

1.a yes you need your broadband connected as long as you are watching the box

1.b it connects it to the server andhelps bypass nag.3

2 im sure they have scanned where the ip address is from but its only data packets they can tell you are using, they cant actualy know you have a sv.6 connected
im sure there is an illegal way for them to find out but would not hold upin court
also i dont think its you me or the little people they want

3 no bad experience here in irelandflag so far

hi Hooter007.
yes i saw your earlier post u posted. thanks for the info mate, i'm in uk but i fear they may have switched off here too. still no sign of dollar chs. fingers cross invested on 2 sv6's.

Hey Am new to this but i think am gonna give it a go. I have a starview 6 working at the minute but a bloke came out and did it. It looks really easy i just need the firmware!!!!! Is the carling download file the firmware?

Hi yes it is, but you will still have lots of scrambled channels as well as one's that get frozen up not very good really not recomended for the money.:gah:

Well the starview box i have is working great with all the channels. I want to find out where the man i got it from got his firmware.... do i need a special program to download the carling file or do i just put it straigt onto a usb key then load it onto the box?

Well the starview box i have is working great with all the channels. I want to find out where the man i got it from got his firmware.... do i need a special program to download the carling file or do i just put it straigt onto a usb key then load it onto the box?
If its working great with all channels why do you need firmware?? just wondering

firmware updates when done are usually posted on forums in a matter of days,just match the firmware to your box,and always read the tuts that go with it as there might be 2 files one uk or irl for firmware.;)

Does anyone know why i have lost some channels when they were working before on starview 6. i have tried factory resetting but seems to have not worked.

Back