Starview 6 - 7 firmware guide tutorial.

check a thread by danlou there might be an aswere in there, its in the starview section. he put me of the box yesterday.

I had a Sv1 when they first came out and never had any probs ... always worked great with lots of support on the web ... only got the Sv6 this week cos Plymouth is all N3 ... never saw the need to upgrade before and I'm sure the prob will be resolved very soon ... Don't be put off cos of a few gliches mate :p

lol i think i will go kryptview 750 better support im still working but not for much longer as cards started arriving yesterday.:bang head:

I have a SV6 and am connected to N** in SE Ire. It worked fine til May (ish) and only getting around to a fix now. Followed all the instructions here to the letter (D/L worked fine) but everything still scrambled. Reset factory settings and went through everything a second time but still no joy. Any help?

If there was any box working in the south east of ireland id probably have it myself. I dont think there are any now. I think i might have seen someone post that starview for ireland is completely dead ifanyone can confirm? not sure about mmds.

So is all starviews down at the moment? Im in Croydon (London). Had 95% of channels yesterday, tried a rescan and low and behold, they are all scrambled now. So doorstop or is there gonna be a fix.
Or is there a way around this with connecting the lan/internet thing. Im a newbie. Please advise.
Keep up the good work.

just got one of these babys any good

you a new member like me mate you have to say hello or chat in forums not just want firmware and go hi everyone lol dnt think card sharing me good on cable as sat what you think

just got one of these babys any good

you a new member like me mate you have to say hello or chat in forums not just want firmware and go hi everyone lol dnt think card sharing me good on cable as sat what you think

haha sorry mate this is my first ever forum post on any forum, not sure how things work..the method of doing it yourself seems to be a dead end because you need your own server to run the boxes, without this you can only get the free channels and in order to obtain a server, you either buy one which will cost you 4k or you rent one from someone which will cost you about a tenner a month..complicated sh*t..iv managed to find one and its been working fine, gets sticky a few times a day but otherwise its sweet..ps the card sharing stuff is messy business..but id reccomend getting it on cable rather than sattelite, better connection, trust me iv tried the dreambox and the starview, found starview to be the better box..also watch out for fake boxes as loading the firmware on the fake will fry it, try get the original box and i can appreciate its hard to find but theyre out there..peace

Back