Starview 6 - 7 firmware guide tutorial.

Quick question would it be possible to plug in a USB wireless receiver into the box instead of a LAN connection?

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Am using the starview 6 box

does this give you the HD channels too please let me know

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

has anyone found a way to get the HD channels on the combo hd box please post and help a friend.

firm ware

yeehaa:censored:where do you get the firmware because its not letting me download

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

how do you access the download page because im new to this

the next generation...

Hello All...

I have read your posts with eyes glued to the screen.... i had a SV4 and soon after the nag snake killed it!!! :(

So.. my question is this.... whats next? what can i get? I read about SV6 and SV7... after initial purchase of box is there extra for C/S via lan?

Has anyone had SV6 for a while and can report success?

Ta very much! :)

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

and also...... whats this about UK stream? is this free?? choice of more then one? ooooh questions questions!!

Im getting scrambled on all non fta channels and have sv7 and flashed with carling 1.03 on sw only and have ethernet plugged in - whats wrong!!

sorted now - have you made sure in network that you have enabled ustream (uk) or istream (ir) as mine wasnt on working fine now cheers

shaunrathod please use the thanks or like buttons below a post rather than posting it.

If you read the forum rules and post on your profile from admin, it will explain about downloading.

hi, i have just got the starview 7 LAN box. could i get some help please. Not sure how to set it up. I have uploaded the carling file to the box, but not sure of the physical setup. I have Virgin media BB. the fibre cable from the street comes into my home and connect to a black modem the virgin provided, then there is an etherent cable that connect from the black modem to a Netgear router and then i have ethernt cables going to my PC's.

The Starview box. DO i connect the etherent cable from the starview to the netgear router?
or to the black virgin modem?
where do i connect the virgin cable to, to the starview box or leave it in the black modem. If i connect it to the starview then i wont have eny internet, can someone help please.

Have a read of the first page of this thread and through other posts in the starview section, lots of info there and what other users did to get there boxes up and running :)

Back