Surfshark / VPN Manager set up. (Help please)

Good morning all.
I'm hoping you can help me out with the set up of Surfshark VPN service with VPN Manager.

I hate being beaten and I would much rather have discovered what ever it is that is causing my problems (It might be me !!!) but I also know when it is time to seek further help from others more qualified. (That's hopefully were you all come in)

I have read a thread posted on the forum where another forum member was experiencing problems getting his Surfshark / VPN Manger set up to work and I'm pretty sure I followed it to the letter following the same / similar advice given, but I still can't get the set up to work, or at least I don't think I have.

I'm running Openvix V 5.3.039 on a Edision OS Mini Plus receiver.
Have downloaded / installed VPN Manager and rebooted the receiver.
Have downloaded a couple of server files from the Surfshark website, added the login.txt string and saved as client.conf
Have copied and pasted username and password from same website into wordpad document and saved as login.txt
Have created a directory in HDD / VPN and transfered the aforementioned files into it.
Have done the save files in single directory / autostart and manually entered username and password settings etc in VPN Manager.

However I still do not see the servers for the files that I have downloaded and saved in HDD / VPN listed in the left had pane. (Assuming that's what Im supposed to see)
Please tell me what I am doing wrong !!!
For your information, I did notice that after any restarting of the receiver the newly created VPN directory would disappear !
I tried creating the VPN directory, placing the aforementioned files into it in other locations such as etc, var and usr and although when created in these locations they were still present after any restart I still could not get the set up to work.
I must add that I do not have a physical HDD installed in the receiver.

In my effort to get the set up working I made several changes to various settings both on the image and VPN Manager software, all without success, so before I posted this request for help I've re-flashed the previously mentioned image back onto the receiver in an effort to make sure any of the changes I made during my failed attempt at setting this up can not have any impact when following any advice given and so that I have a "Clean sheet" so to speak, to start from.

Please help, Regards, The Soulman.

No need to edit the files just send all .ovpn files to the HDD/vpn folder. No need for client.conf

In VPN manager check all configs in one folder and the location is correct. Add username and password then exit to see the countries

No need to edit the files just send all .ovpn files to the HDD/vpn folder. No need for client.conf

In VPN manager check all configs in one folder and the location is correct. Add username and password then exit to see the countries

Thanks for the quick reply, your help is much appreciated.

So I still create the VPN directory in HDD ?

I only ask as when I previously created this directory in the HDD location it would disappear every time the receiver was re-started.

Regards, the Soulman.

I'm not sure why vpn location would be removed on reboot.

You could just put them in etc/enigma2/VPN then set vpn manager to use that location.

You could also have a different folder name on hdd say surfsharkvpn

I use HDD so they are there if I need to reflash and it's not filling up space on my box.

You could just put them in etc/enigma2/VPN then set vpn manager to use that location.

I use HDD so they are there if I need to reflash and it's not filling up space on my box.

Thank you.

Seems a bit strange to me also, when I look at HDD folder all there is in it is timeshift, this is always present even when VPN folder has disappeared.

Your help is much appreciated, I will have a look and carry out the procedure you have outlined and report back later on today when I have a little more time.

Regards, The Soulman.

Just One more question before I start the set up process again, do I need to create a notepad username / password login.txt document and FTP over to the vpn directory or not ?

Regards, The Soulman.

Just One more question before I start the set up process again, do I need to create a notepad username / password login.txt document and FTP over to the vpn directory or not ?

Regards, The Soulman.
No just add username and password via VPN manager menu

No just add username and password via VPN manager menu

Thank you.

I'm back with another question, all of the server files from Surfshark are duplicated and are TCP and UDP, does it matter which I transfer into the target folder or should I just transfer all of them.

Regards, The Soulman.

No it shouldn't cause problems

Hi again.

I have created a directory in etc / enigma2 and placed all of the server files (Both TCP /UDP) into it.

I can now see the servers and scroll up and down through them, so very definate progress.

However, I have scrolled through and selected quite a number of them and what happens is as follows: the world icon at the top right starts scrolling around and states "Connecting", then I get a "Login error" / "AUTH_FAILED" message.

I've double checked the username / password entered into VPN Manager and they are both 100% correct.
(I'm assuming username and password are not the same as what I log into the Surfshark website / my account is)

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards, The Soulman.

The user/pass is the generated credentials

Oh my......................I'm here again with a RED FACE !!!!.

I checked the username and password again and you've guessed it.....................I'd got a letter wrong on the password.

I had entered a capital instead of a lower case.

Changed it to a lower case and BINGO.....................we're up and running.

Thank you so much for your help, I cannot tell you just how much it is / has been appreciated.

As a matter of interest, I did on this second attempt at getting up and running actually try your suggestion of creating a surfsharkvpn directory in the HDD location and again although I could see the server files in VPN Manager, (But couldn't connect due to incorrect password !!!) once the receiver was re-booted the folder again disappeared.

Thank you and regards once more, The Soulman.

The user/pass is the generated credentials

So sorry, I've just thought of another question, when the VPN Manager is set to autostart, does this mean that it will automatically connect to a server and if so would it be the last connected server or can you configure it to connect to the fastest server ?

Apologies for all the questions.
(If you don't ask questions you never learn anyrhing)

Thank you and regards, The Soulman.

Back