Swap file manager and cashe flush

rekutt

Do i need to set these up on my H2S Box?

As its a faster better box not sure if these are needed?

Cheers

yes & yes, I think... cacheflush cleans the cache freeing up the boxes memory resources & swap file allows the hard drive to pass info on/off the drive (recordings/timeshift)

Thats not what the swapfile does at all.

Its essentially a ram disk, so stuff held in ram is written out to the file when not needed and retrieved when it is needed. It is there to help free up RAM.

on these new boxes like my h2.h that have the SD card slot now is it best setting everything up on the SD card instead of USB ?

Like with sucmness image guide setup you install everything on the usb should I do this on a SD card instead

I just got a h2.h and setting it up now but don't no SD card only usb sticks

Last edited:
yep. same position as yourself bud. got the new ZGemma Twin tuner. it takes up to 128 gig flash card. using a usb pen atm but waiting patiently in the post for this sd card :)

Hi Jim. I'll be able to tell more when i receive my sd card through the post. from what i've gathered from online sources, setting the 128gig flash card is the same as setting up a usb pen.

Hi Jim. I'll be able to tell more when i receive my sd card through the post. from what i've gathered from online sources, setting the 128gig flash card is the same as setting up a usb pen.

When you get it working could you shed some light back here please as mine sticks at 50% when trying to set up [emoji22]
Many thanks

I ordered a samsung 65gb evo plus micro sd for my box , Think I'll wait now till it arrives now .

Tonight I installed vixfrom zgemmas website along with mgcamd and changed the skin too frankensky's sky skin. Thats all I want to watch TV tonight :)

The Box boots much quicker and the menus scroll faster so feels good,
I'm not sure with the new remote It will take some time getting used to it ...... at first I didnt like the clicky buttons and the noise it makes but maybe It be better later on ,
I dont like the arrow buttons and ok button being so close It feels like I'm going to press the wrong button, Its more bulky aswell feels bit heavier
Yeah I'm fussy
I love the older remote and it doesn't work with the new box bit gutted...

hope it all works out alright I'll update how I get on

Oh and guys I've never use the record function on my H1 box but will next year when the motogp starts up again ... keep missing fridays live practice :)

Is the sd card just better for the recording side of things and not so much the swap file and other stuff its used for ? will the sd card make the box faster in general use, I only watch tv with it nothing else

Hi Swampy, I think the main advantage of using the SD card in our Zgemma is that its better for writing onto, recordings, regular epg,channel list updates. a normal external hhd has the size advantage but all that constant writing onto it on a daily basis is bound to wear and tear the hhd components to hasten drive failure. a usb pen is good aswell obviously but is limited by max size of 32gb. the sd flash can be 128gb max so its the best compromise between the two. also on a side not, it leaves the usb port at the back available for wifi enabled adapters :)

thanks amazing :)

I set the box up tonight with a usb stick to test out i couldn't wait ......played around a bit but don't like it ...its the remote
I'm going to be sending it back for an exchange for H2 box

I dont like the remote too big and bulky the arrow buttons and ok buttons not as good , Old ones more comfortable to use

I couldn't get the older remote working ,
I did try the hdmi cec setting on the box and could control it with my sony tv remote control which was cool but then lost the tvs remote control functions

Also guys the new box didn't feel any faster changing channel than my old H1 box so I'm going with the H2 , I only watch tv with this so wont need the speed
I could only see a difference in bootup time and moving round the menu, or mabe the clickyness of the new remote kinda made it feel faster I dont know but changing channels was the same speed I think in the couple of hours I had it running

I use sucmness 1.53 vix image on my older H1 box works great

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Back