The VPN 'myth'

most i have had all have the same logos just different layouts lol... some have local but there still the same logos as all the others.... one provider said they had there own streams i to be honest they started to come through with the group logo on but they got rid of them, not sure why.

bring back c/s or virmin to my area lol

most i have had all have the same logos just different layouts lol... some have local but there still the same logos as all the others.... one provider said they had there own streams i to be honest they started to come through with the group logo on but they got rid of them, not sure why.

bring back c/s or virmin to my area lol
You can get streams from different sources locally and abroad but to what I got told most of streams are from virmin card sharing for UK don't know how true it is

right the streams all come from roughly the same place looking at stream logos, so if everyone is getting there streams from one , then reselling on, surely the source supplying the streams as limited bandwith and that's struggling at its limits really as there are 1000s of groups re sharing there streams, which must be streamed from the source.??

so it must cause a snowball effect, the streams start pixelating at the very source as the bandwith is at its limits, then that snowballs on to all the other providers getting worse and worse further down the ladder.?

I would have thought it depends on whether there is also a pyramid (of servers/nics), and not all "resellers" are just glorified account administrators... :rolleyes:

If there is a pyramid of servers, the original stream gets accessed and broadcast downstream multiple times, with each being nearly perfect copies (including the logos, to avoid more lag ;)), with the only practical implication being that users at the lower pyramids would receive their streams with progressively more lag, until or unless one got hit by an isp block, and the one below did not have vpn or alternative sources - then everybody else below would be looking at a black screen while they enjoy their beer... :xd: :dying: :dead:

Where the streams are freezing, buffering etc it may not always be the provider.

As don't all ISPs throttle and traffic manage where you upload and wouldn't streaming be part of that which can cause the issues stated?

Know VM do this. Wouldn't be surprised their unlimited data/bandwidth is a lie too.

Where the streams are freezing, buffering etc it may not always be the provider.

As don't all ISPs throttle and traffic manage where you upload and wouldn't streaming be part of that which can cause the issues stated?

Know VM do this. Wouldn't be surprised their unlimited data/bandwidth is a lie too.
Every broadband provider drops spreads at peak times mate

peak time is any time their network is under stress,
get a business connection if you can, they wont throttle you then, well mine doesnt anyway, although I dont get a fast connection to start with, only about 17-18meg

peak time is any time their network is under stress,
get a business connection if you can, they wont throttle you then, well mine doesnt anyway, although I dont get a fast connection to start with, only about 17-18meg

Ye been thinking of business connection but not sure of main differences compared to normal connection.

Ye have read business connection you dont get throttled at any time.

sky's moto is that they don't ever throttle ever!

and they qoute there the only one that doesn't.

seems likely as my speeds are pretty constant day in and day out. peak times and normal

Same as me on BT
I have no problems, maybe I'm not in a busy area

In a city in NI, so a town to the rest of the UK Lol
Mostly older people in the street

seems likely as my speeds are pretty constant day in and day out. peak times and normal
suzoe1.png

BT.....

BT's approach to broadband traffic management

At busy times, internet providers can slow down traffic on the network. This is called ‘traffic management’ and it’s a way of making sure you get the best possible service.

We’re proud to say that our broadband packages don’t have any speed restrictions. So, if you're on one of our packages, you don't need to worry about us slowing you down. It doesn’t matter how much you upload or download, even at peak times. We won’t slow down peer to peer file-sharing either, so share away.

Guess VM are the only ones who do it still and get away with it.

Being ripped of by these con artists. Never ever get full speeds at peak times. Probably throttling as downloading too much or streaming more than they would allow. Thought high utilisation but supposedly they had upgraded their infrastructureo_O.

Making me think not worth getting IPTV if speeds will be throttled and effect streaming service.

Have to agree. Rock solid and consistent speed since using my own router.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

ah, traffic management, thats a good term,
your ISP may not slow you down specifically, what they can do, and still say they wont slow down the connection, is allot a set amount of bandwidth to an individual cabinet and let the users share it amongst themselves,
so you wont get slowed down if not enough people are trying to use the same allotted bandwidth.

Have to agree. Rock solid and consistent speed since using my own router.

what router did you go for, thinking of going down this road myself

not that i am having problems, just because i have a app that extracts the username and password to use with another router, so it would be wise to have ago as the wifi is pretty shite on the sky one lol

what router did you go for, thinking of going down this road myself

not that i am having problems, just because i have a app that extracts the username and password to use with another router, so it would be wise to have ago as the wifi is pretty shite on the sky one lol
There'a no need to use wireshark etc nowadays if go down that road, you don't need your own user and pass. O2 details you can find on Google do the job. I just use a middle of the road netgear.

They can't block what they don't know about. Your suppler IP is still safe....or they have a solution in place.

All I know is that mine (and other's) have gone off today during PL games, but a VPN got me watching again through VLC player. Sadly, my own build Vix image has trouble running Open VPN, so I'm working on that as we speak. :)
Why don't you get configured router just connect it to your BT hub then connect as many devices to it. That's what I've been using for the passed year spot on [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back