The VPN 'myth'

I have one provider who is blocked and another I use is which isn't, I use a vpn on both all the time, makes no difference to me if vpn is needed,i don't get others frustration about using one when u still saving hundreds of pounds a year anyway watching iptv.

I'm with BT but use a VPN router from Liberty Shield. just plug in to your existing router. I've never had a problem. (so far}

I'm with BT but use a VPN router from Liberty Shield. just plug in to your existing router. I've never had a problem. (so far}

Brilliant....someone with a liberty shield router. Does it unblock stuff like mobdro? Are the routers any good? I've been looking at them online and weighing up between this and something like ipvanish.

Last edited:
I haven't used mobdro, so I can't help you with that. I use mine with the iptv app with a Samsung tv . and a decent iptv sub. like I said , no problems (so far)

Sorry but I just don't buy it. If your footy goes off you have a crap server.

Work it out, how many people legitamatly stream content all hours of the day from loads of different sources ?

You have smart tellys with catch up, youtube, netflix, kodi, the list goes on and on

So how can an ISP work out you are streaming a footy game illigally, it's complete boll@cks

Find a decent server :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You mean one that doesn't freeze and buffer all the time, especially when the big events are on? That describes mine....but now the Premier League have sussed the source IP address for the PL content and ordered the ISPs to place a block on any content being downloaded from that IP during games.

Are you saying that the ISPs aren't blocking the servers at all? Is that what you're saying?

Yep, it's just a crap server.

You are talking about a needle in a haystack.

If they can block an IP do you think they can't go a bit further and trace where it is and bust it ?

Work it out, how many people legitamatly stream content all hours of the day from loads of different sources ?

You have smart tellys with catch up, youtube, netflix, kodi, the list goes on and on

So how can an ISP work out you are streaming a footy game illigally, it's complete boll@cks

im the same
its a url like everything else
it doesnt us p2p like torrent, so it wont stand out like them

it will just be like any video link on the web

and i would say 9.9 of iptv would not include what the stream is in the url, most us numbers

I know of 3 providers with over 15k of users and have football blocks in place, and have tried everything but can get around the ban,
but seems to be smaller providers I know get around the block, nothing to do with finding a decent server I don't think.

i think people count cheap as in you there is no vod or 5000+ channels
but i find these just add server load

i have sub 500 channels and its does me great
and i would even like them to remove alot of them

As I said, sorry but I just don't buy it,

I know some really big servers who don't have any problem I
can only put it down to re sellers.

So lets talk price ? you pay cheap, you get crap. ;)

Define what you mean by 'you get crap'?

[edit to add] ...and how does that tie in to getting black screens during EPL games?

Lots of people cheap out on the server, it's a big mistake.

Pay the extra and get a good stable service.

I would say ballpark is about £80 - £100 per year for a sky package plus VOD

Cheap servers will just get overloaded on big events, hence the black screen, simple.

How much do you pay ?

Dunno :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Cummon tell us how much you pay, you said the service is crap,
no footy, glitchy viewing etc, so how much does a crap service cost you ?

Then add the cost of a VPN to try to fix it and how much does that add up to ?

Dunno :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Cummon tell us how much you pay, you said the service is crap,
no footy, glitchy viewing etc, so how much does a crap service cost you ?

Then add the cost of a VPN to try to fix it and how much does that add up to ?

Think about it - how can a VPN clean up, as you call it, a 'crap' service? Think about it logically.

I never said the service is crap at all. It's the best one I've tried and have been using it flat out for months. It doesn't constantly freeze at all - the streams are nigh on perfect. As of Friday night, a group of the channels go dark during the EPL games and then back on once the game(s) is over.

I've already elaborated on why I believe it affects a specific group of channels.

I was like you until just recently - i.e. a total cynic of the VPN talk. I've now proven that it's a real issue, hence the reason I posted here. I'm not just an average punter either - most who haven't got a clue about how this all works. You don't need to take my word on it just now, but believe me, you'll change your opinion at some point. Just wait... ;-)

Hmmm !!

So how much do you pay ????

For the third time !!!

Explain to me how the cost is a direct cause of this issue and then I might tell you. And don't say it's over an subscribed server causing the blackout unless you can explain how a VPN miraculously changes it to freeze-free viewing again.

Your go... :)

Back