The VPN 'myth'

Can't answer the VPN question, but it makes no sense to me.

You can't say it's not over subscribed as you don't know, but all I can say is
the issues you are getting generally come down to load on the server.

Most of us are in this to watch cheap footy, so it's no suprise that's when the biggest load is.

But I am interseted in the cost, how much does the server plus VPN cost ???

All I can tell you from experience is you generally get what you pay for, so cheaping out on a server
makes no sense, been there done that, won't go back.:grin::grin:

You won't tell cause you are shocked at the £100 price tag :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Don't think anyone is saying it doesn't unblock stuff, that's what they do

What most are getting at is you shouldn't need it

Mad how people on here point blank refuse to believe people's accounts of the VPN making blocked channels clear.
Some people just won't be proven to be wrong. I was in that camp until a few days ago.

It's real though. Just like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.... lol

Can't answer the VPN question, but it makes no sense to me.

You can't say it's not over subscribed as you don't know, but all I can say is
the issues you are getting generally come down to load on the server.

Most of us are in this to watch cheap footy, so it's no suprise that's when the biggest load is.

But I am interseted in the cost, how much does the server plus VPN cost ???

All I can tell you from experience is you generally get what you pay for, so cheaping out on a server
makes no sense, been there done that, won't go back.:grin::grin:

You won't tell cause you are shocked at the £100 price tag :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Why make sweeping assumptions when you can't prove or disprove the argument you're presented with? You're just making yourself look silly by keeping on about the cost. Cost has nothing to do with it. You'd be better saying something like "if your server owner was any good they'd know how to circumvent the block" or "I'm lucky enough to be on a server that's not being blocked"...but you're carrying on with denying the actual existence of any block at all and can't see the correlation between VPN use and a sudden unblocking of the streams.

Keep disbelieving though. It's your choice, but I hope you have the humility to come on here and tell us you were wrong when the penny finally drops...because it will eventually. :)

Don't think anyone is saying it doesn't unblock stuff, that's what they do

What most are getting at is you shouldn't need it

Mr Bees wasn't getting at that at all though. He/She is saying it's all bluff and that the server is overloaded. This is a different argument altogether, and one I couldn't challenge without further research and insider knowledge.

Ok, no problem if it is proven, and I will know it to be true
as I will need to pay for a VPN to keep my channels clear.

I will issue an apology and shout it from the roof tops

So how much do you pay ??? :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

I'm not a He/She :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Ok, no problem if it is proven I will issue an apology and shout it from the roof tops

So how much do you pay ??? :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

I'm glad you've admitted that you think it's all bluff, contrary to your "couldn't have put it better myself" statement above. :)

I pay £15 a year. :)

What about you?

Yep, couldn't have put it better myself :(y)::(y):

You shouldn't need it - most IPTV providers who were hit by the blocks early on have got their heads round it now and sorted it at their end so customers don't need a VPN.

To answer your pricing question, I had two subs at the time the bans were kicking in. One was £7 a month and they pre-empted the blocks somehow and (as yet) their customers don't need a VPN. The other sub was £10 a month and was affected. Every time a PL match kicked off all the channels went black - not just the football ones. This was solved temporarily with a VPN for £5 a month. The VPN could be used up to 5 times, any address and any device so it was shared between me, my mate and my parents so it cost £1.66 per month each. Like I said, it was only needed temporarily and now that server doesn't go down for PL matches without the need for VPN.

Told you £80 - £100 is ball park for a good server.

Hmmm, seems very cheap so how much is a VPN per year ?

Do you get the feeling you are trying to fix something that shouldn't need to be bothered with ?

Do you get the feeling you are trying to fix something that shouldn't need to be bothered with ?

I wouldn't dispute that stance, but you've just denied any existence of the block up to now.

I only started this thread due to being like you until recent days. The point is that the block is REAL. Whether we should put up with needing a VPN is another matter, but I have to say that I'm so happy with my supplier that I don't mind having to use a VPN to keep using the service as normal. I have a VPN account anyway (which admittedly I hardly use), so it's of no added cost to me for this year at least.

What I'm hoping now is that the server is able to get around the block. It's early days though, as it only surfaced for the first time during Friday's EPL game.

Told you £80 - £100 is ball park for a good server.

How come my 'good server' for £120 a year went down then? And if it was being overloaded that caused it to go down, why was it a couple of minutes into EVERY SINGLE premier league football match that it went down for, before coming back on after the match had finished?

At the risk of inviting a flood of enquiry PMs (don't bother)....my service is pretty damn excellent, except for this latest blip. I watch Facebook groups where the sellers act like Messiahs, charging around £100 and the punters are moaning like hell during EPL games. Ah...."but it's perfect over on TSN...try that". I can't help but smirk! :)

Last edited:
Can't speak for individual servers, they all have problems at some point.
I have never found one who is 100% spot on using sat, cable and IPTV.

Just trying to get the point across that you shouldn't need VPN with someone decent.

You are paying around the going rate, so you should get a decent service.

If you are paying £15 per year what do you expect ?

You won't be dealing directly with a server that's for sure, just a reseller who has no control of the service.

Price is definitely not an foolproof indicator of quality. Anyone can charge top price and call their service 'Premium.'

Yeah I get what you are saying, the big trick is to deal with a server direct.

Lots of resellers with no control, offering cheap deals, only to go missing after 3 months.

Server owners pretty much set the price between themselves there isn't much difference when it comes to price,
but I agree there is a difference in quality.

Pay the going rate, deal direct, and if you find a good one stick with them.

It's not rocket science :grin::grin:

Can't speak for individual servers, they all have problems at some point.
I have never found one who is 100% spot on using sat, cable and IPTV.

Just trying to get the point across that you shouldn't need VPN with someone decent.

You are paying around the going rate, so you should get a decent service.

If you are paying £15 per year what do you expect ?

You won't be dealing directly with a server that's for sure, just a reseller who has no control of the service.

But you've changed your position on this now. Whether we should or shouldn't need a VPN is a side issue. My only reason for this thread was to say that the block is real and a VPN will open up the stream again.

Regards resellers, could you even contemplate that most server owners are buying the streams in from a re-streaming wholesaler? I would bet on most doing it this way.

Anyway, we're going round in circles now. Time to move on... :-)

Yeah I get what you are saying, the big trick is to deal with a server direct.

Lots of resellers with no control, offering cheap deals, only to go missing after 3 months.

Server owners pretty much set the price between themselves there isn't much difference when it comes to price,
but I agree there is a difference in quality.

Pay the going rate, deal direct, and if you find a good one stick with them.

It's not rocket science :grin::grin:

I get a sub that I use on my firestick upstairs from a reseller. He installed it remotely on my zgemma when I first got it, installed the VPN directly onto my box when I got that - he knows his stuff and can't do enough to help. Always responds quickly to any emails, very competitively priced. Not all resellers are crap.

Mad how people on here point blank refuse to believe people's accounts of the VPN making blocked channels clear.
you have to laugh don't u,lol. people still believe the world is flat, u can tell them different till ur blue in the face and they still don't believe you,pmsl

Back