This Is Getting Frustrating. I Don't Know What Else To Do...

TazzyThor

I have tried pretty much every thing that I can think of it and I still can't figure it out. No matter what I do, I experience buffering issues during peak hours. But during non-peak hours, my service works perfectly fine. Here's what I have tried so far and nothing seems to work.

VPN- I have tried with and without VPN and it doesn't make a difference at all. I used surfshark and mullvad
Devices- I have 2 firestick 4k Max. I recently upgraded to MeCool KM6 Deluxe Android TV. The Firesticks are connected via wifi while the KM6 is connected via Ethernet. I occasionally clear cache and unplug/plug the devices.
Modem/Router- I have a Netgear c7000v2 modem/router. I went out and bought a new wifi 6 router(Netgear AX4200). I tried playing around with router QoS settings, but it didn't help. Then, I decided to buy a Motorola AC1900 modem/router combo hoping that my c7000 modem/router was the issue, but nope.
Internet speed- I have a 800 mpbs down/25 up plan; when running speedtest on KM6, I get about 750 mbps. On Firestick I get around 350 mpbs wireless
IPTV apps- I have premium version of iMplayer and tivimate apps
IPTV Trials- I've tried at least 6-7 different trials from TK resellers and they're all pretty much the same. They work well during non-peak hours, but buffer during peak hours.

I can't think of any other reason for why my service buffers during peak hours other than the fact that I live in one of the most densely populated cities in the US, so maybe my buffering is caused by network congestion. But if it's due to network congestion, then shouldn't a VPN help fix this problem?

Before I throw in the towel, can you guys give me any other suggestions that may have worked for you in the past? I'm open to trying out anything and everything.

As urie said try also to tether your phone to your stick while not connected to your Wi-Fi on your phone.

I have tried pretty much every thing that I can think of it and I still can't figure it out. No matter what I do, I experience buffering issues during peak hours. But during non-peak hours, my service works perfectly fine. Here's what I have tried so far and nothing seems to work.

VPN- I have tried with and without VPN and it doesn't make a difference at all. I used surfshark and mullvad
Devices- I have 2 firestick 4k Max. I recently upgraded to MeCool KM6 Deluxe Android TV. The Firesticks are connected via wifi while the KM6 is connected via Ethernet. I occasionally clear cache and unplug/plug the devices.
Modem/Router- I have a Netgear c7000v2 modem/router. I went out and bought a new wifi 6 router(Netgear AX4200). I tried playing around with router QoS settings, but it didn't help. Then, I decided to buy a Motorola AC1900 modem/router combo hoping that my c7000 modem/router was the issue, but nope.
Internet speed- I have a 800 mpbs down/25 up plan; when running speedtest on KM6, I get about 750 mbps. On Firestick I get around 350 mpbs wireless
IPTV apps- I have premium version of iMplayer and tivimate apps
IPTV Trials- I've tried at least 6-7 different trials from TK resellers and they're all pretty much the same. They work well during non-peak hours, but buffer during peak hours.

I can't think of any other reason for why my service buffers during peak hours other than the fact that I live in one of the most densely populated cities in the US, so maybe my buffering is caused by network congestion. But if it's due to network congestion, then shouldn't a VPN help fix this problem?

Before I throw in the towel, can you guys give me any other suggestions that may have worked for you in the past? I'm open to trying out anything and everything.
If it is congestion a vpn won't fix that, in fact you'd be making things worse by using a vpn in that scenario.

Have you tried turning all devices off when it's slow and use a single wired connection to see if things are still slow(isp throttling/congestion).

If things are ok with wired add a wireless device. If things are slow on the wireless device you've got a WiFi problem.

If things are ok with the wireless device turn your devices back on one by one to see when the connection starts to get slow.

One final thing to note is that a lot for the providers on here are from the UK/Europe or that's my understanding anyway so with you living in the US that may also be contributing to your buffering.

You've tried everything except trying another isp.
Do you have any friends or relatives who use a different isp? You could take your device to their place and see if it buffers at peak times using their connection, if it doesnt, change your isp.

You could try disabling Wi-Fi 6 on your router.
Have you spoken to your provider about the issue your having has any of your family friends got the same iptv provider as you and having same issues l, anyone you know uses the same isp as you and iptv

Can you test on mobile phone using another isp i.e, no via home network
I tested it with my phone's 5G on Sunday when NFL games were on. Buffering still happens. It could be that it was the first week of NFL, so maybe the servers were busy. I'll keep testing it and see if it helps.

If it is congestion a vpn won't fix that, in fact you'd be making things worse by using a vpn in that scenario.

Have you tried turning all devices off when it's slow and use a single wired connection to see if things are still slow(isp throttling/congestion).

If things are ok with wired add a wireless device. If things are slow on the wireless device you've got a WiFi problem.

If things are ok with the wireless device turn your devices back on one by one to see when the connection starts to get slow.

One final thing to note is that a lot for the providers on here are from the UK/Europe or that's my understanding anyway so with you living in the US that may also be contributing to your buffering.
I have 2 networks set up: 1 for 2.4 GHz and another for 5 GHz. I have all my devices connected to 2.4 GHz except for my firestick and KM6 which I connect to try GHz. I've tried disconnecting everything and only connecting hardwired but it doesn't seem to help.

I've actually also tried a couple trials from North America servers, but I still experience the issue.
You've tried everything except trying another isp.
Do you have any friends or relatives who use a different isp? You could take your device to their place and see if it buffers at peak times using their connection, if it doesnt, change your isp.
I have a few friends with different ISPs. One has the same issue as me while the other hasn't had any issues at all. We all use the same provider. Where I live, I only have 2 choices. The 2nd choice only allows me to get up to 75 Mbps whereas I'm getting 800 Mbps with my current ISP. I've talked to another person with the same IPTV provider and ISP and they don't have any issues. But then again, they live on the east coast and in a less densely populated area so maybe that's why our experiences differ.

You could try disabling Wi-Fi 6 on your router.
Have you spoken to your provider about the issue your having has any of your family friends got the same iptv provider as you and having same issues l, anyone you know uses the same isp as you and iptv
I have 3 friends that use the same IPTV provider but all have different ISPs. Only 1/3 experience no buffering. Unfortunately, that ISP is not available in my area.

Hello
Just try to Change your Setup vpn ( try to use sauth europ server locations ) Belg - Sp - Fr locations
I have surfshark VPN. Do you have a recommended configuration? Like what protocol should I use? By the way, I live in the US. Should I use a location closer to where I live instead of Europe?

they live on the east coast and in a less densely
This could be the issue unfortunately. The fact that your mate that lives closer to Europe doesn't have a buffering issue suggests it may be ping related. The further from the server the higher your ping and the worse you're connection will be.

It will work fine for a little bit and then you'll get a lag spike which will cause buffering because the connection can't get the information fast enough.

tested it with my phone's 5G on Sunday when NFL games were on. Buffering still happens
This seems to rule out your isp. It's very rare especially on 5G that you'd be throttled.

I'd suggest looking for a supplier that has servers in the US and see take a trial from them to see if it fixes the issue for you. I presume they exist on here although it's never been a requirement for me so can't tell you that for a fact.

I don't watch just NFL. I watch other sports as well such as NBA, MLB, MMA, and boxing. I usually don't watch live tv other than when a sporting event is on.
As mentioned in post #9, if it still buffers while using 5g, then it's unlikely to be your isp, have all the test lines you have tried from here been the same?
What other devices have you tried?

As mentioned in post #9, if it still buffers while using 5g, then it's unlikely to be your isp, have all the test lines you have tried from here been the same?
What other devices have you tried?

I haven't tested with 5G long enough to know if it helps or not. I tried it for 30 minutes on Sunday during the football games. I have 2 IPTV providers. During peak hours they both seem to buffer, one more than the other. I've tried onn box, shield, firestick and MeCool KM6

I haven't tested with 5G long enough to know if it helps or not. I tried it for 30 minutes on Sunday during the football games. I have 2 IPTV providers. During peak hours they both seem to buffer, one more than the other. I've tried onn box, shield, firestick and MeCool KM6
You need to trial more iptv providers, there's hundreds of them. There's a possibility you have two lines from same server, or maybe different servers using same sources.
If one of your people has same isp as you and no problems then you need to trial other servers. The fact that one of your subs is worse than the other at peak times means that it's unlikely to be isp related otherwise they'd both be badly affected. Try a new server every day for a month and you'll find one that works with your equipment and isp

You need to trial more iptv providers, there's hundreds of them. There's a possibility you have two lines from same server, or maybe different servers using same sources.
If one of your people has same isp as you and no problems then you need to trial other servers. The fact that one of your subs is worse than the other at peak times means that it's unlikely to be isp related otherwise they'd both be badly affected. Try a new server every day for a month and you'll find one that works with your equipment and isp
Actually I think the problem is my ISP and not the IPTV provider. Because last Thursday when I tried watching NFL my service was buffering nonstop whereas another friends with the same setup had no issues whatsoever despite us having the same IPTV provider but different ISP.

Actually I think the problem is my ISP and not the IPTV provider. Because last Thursday when I tried watching NFL my service was buffering nonstop whereas another friends with the same setup had no issues whatsoever despite us having the same IPTV provider but different ISP.
Yes but you stated earlier that using 5g data didn't make much difference, that's a different ISP.

My cell phone provider also throttles bandwidth during peak hours so it's not the best way to test.
Just to clarify, during these peak hours, you speak of....you aren't trying to view the 4k/UHD version of the sport channel you want to watch?
You HAVE TO use SD during a high profile event with an ISP like that.
It's not like watching CNN at 4am, you can put 4k version on at that time because almost everyone else is in a coma

Just to clarify, during these peak hours, you speak of....you aren't trying to view the 4k/UHD version of the sport channel you want to watch?
You HAVE TO use SD during a high profile event with an ISP like that.
It's not like watching CNN at 4am, you can put 4k version on at that time because almost everyone else is in a coma

I don't watch 4k channels at all since none of the channels I want to watch are in 4k. The channels I watch are either in 720p or 1080i. I don't have the option to watch lower quality channels. Even during weekdays when I try to watch baseball I get buffering. Some days I can watch an entire game without any issues while other days it'll buffer every few minutes or so.

Back