Three stabbed to death, several injured in terrorist attack

Sad what happened. With how world is in the state its in we have some crazy evil c*nt committing such evil act.

But I do find it sad once again the "terrorist" term being branded against Muslims.

Anyone who was not muslim who may have carried out this deplorable act would not have been labelled a "terrorist"

More Islamophobia.

Sad what happened. With how world is in the state its in we have some crazy evil c*nt committing such evil act.

But I do find it sad once again the "terrorist" term being branded against Muslims.

Anyone who was not muslim who may have carried out this deplorable act would not have been labelled a "terrorist"

More Islamophobia.

I disagree CK, I think the police and media are really reluctant to declare anything as "terror related" without clear evidence. It might turn out that the perpetrator shouted terror related phrases during his attacks or was already known to the authorities. I'd be amazed if the only reason they're calling it terror related is because the guy comes from a Muslim country.

99% of anything terror related has always been blamed of Muslims whether from their name, colour of their skin and where they are from.

This wont be any different imo.

there's always one f**kin lunatic out there that just destoys lives with their actions, it will never stop because if there under the radar then you have to be mistic meg to know

I will never understand how such pure evil monsters could take another persons life without thinking how it would destroy their loved one.

Cold blooded evil scum.

Think title of thread should just be changed to murder as not classed as a terrorist attack by the media as the killer was a Christian.

I honestly believe the definition of terrorist should equal to Muslim in a dictionary as that terminology 99.9% is only used against Muslims even when others commit same attacks on people who are of course of other faiths or no faith so not classed as a terrorist.

Remember my dad telling me years ago how Irish people were branded the same at that time especially in Birmingham where I grew up. Pretty obvious Muslims have been made the scapegoat for decades for all these horrific sick attacks.

"He was initially arrested on suspicion of murder before being re-arrested under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act, which grants powers to hold him without charge for up to 14 days."

Still seems like it's being classed as terrorism regardless of the perpetrator's religion - I guess we'll find out more details in due course.

More Islamophobia.

i like you think not all muslims are terrorists and its wrong to automatically label them as so.
Friday in Glasgow
Stabbings scene 'something I will never forget'
and it WAS not classed as a terror attack just a lunatic

What is not being mentioned is the three men were all gay.

We fail to confront homophobia in Islam. Channelking I think the press are falling over themselves to not call this for what it is: an act of religious bigotry and terrorism.

i like you think not all muslims are terrorists and its wrong to automatically label them as so.
Friday in Glasgow
Stabbings scene 'something I will never forget'
and it WAS not classed as a terror attack just a lunatic

I Know religion should not come into play but it does and has for many years.

This is a prime example. He should be classed as a terrorist but isn't because he isn't a Muslim. Lunatic is a reason that is thrown for any person who isn't a Muslim .

I would like to see it fair across the board. But clearly Islam is pure evil and ALL Muslims are terrorists...according to the media with their bias reporting.

We fail to confront homophobia in Islam. Channelking I think the press are falling over themselves to not call this for what it is: an act of religious bigotry and terrorism.

Let's get it straight Islam ain't only religion when it comes to homophobia. Other religions have the same views.

Did he target them due to their sexuality? Or was it just a coincidence?

I Know religion should not come into play but it does and has for many years.

This is a prime example. He should be classed as a terrorist but isn't because he isn't a Muslim. Lunatic is a reason that is thrown for any person who isn't a Muslim .

I would like to see it fair across the board. But clearly Islam is pure evil and ALL Muslims are terrorists...according to the media with their bias reporting.
I called him a lunatic because he is a lunatic, not because of religion, colour ect..... bin laden was a lunatic, Anders Behring Breivik was a lunatic, raoul moat was a lunatic.... the list goes on... my point is I didn't like it when u said "lunatic is a reason that is thrown for any person who isnt a muslim"

I for one don't think every Muslim is a terrorist as that would mean I think my neice and nephews would be classed that which is wrong. the media and government establishes that it is but if you look at the evil acts of 9/11 7/7 bombings Westminster attack the one in Germany Paris Manchester Lee Rigby They was all from Muslim heritage(so must be) they was all known to mi5 and was on a watchlist. The guy from New Zealand who went on to perform a terror attack on one of his gun clips had my home town tipexed on as justice for grooming victims that was labelled terrorist attack that white guy who drove his truck into mosque was labelled terrorist attack everyone and everything is usually terror related dosnt matter what religion skin colour ect if the media and other outlets will always say terror related

Did he target them due to their sexuality? Or was it just a coincidence?

Would more or less have been made of this attack if the victims were black and the assailant white with links to far right terrorists?

We do not call this bigotry by its name.

This was a vile bigotted attack, one of many carried out by Muslim extremists.

We can call them lone lunatics but you cannot ignore the underlying philosophy not people like breivik and Sundays attacker. When people tell you who they are, sometimes it's best to believe them.

The lone lunatic theory just buries the problem

I called him a lunatic because he is a lunatic, not because of religion, colour ect..... bin laden was a lunatic, Anders Behring Breivik was a lunatic, raoul moat was a lunatic.... the list goes on... my point is I didn't like it when u said "lunatic is a reason that is thrown for any person who isnt a muslim"

Fair enough mate and that is my point.

ANYONE and I mean anyone who commits an act of a terror should be classed as a.lunatic or a terrorist.

Media can't just have one terminology for one nut job and another for someone else especially because of religion.

Fact is media has instilled in people's minds terrorists=Muslims. Sadly I have experienced such terminology especially since 9/11 when was at school in particular.

Something has to be done to class all this nut jobs under the same.umbrella no matter colour of skin or religion.

But fekk all is gona change in that regard.

Would more or less have been made of this attack if the victims were black and the assailant white with links to far right terrorists?

We do not call this bigotry by its name.

This was a vile bigotted attack, one of many carried out by Muslim extremists.

We can call them lone lunatics but you cannot ignore the underlying philosophy not people like breivik and Sundays attacker. When people tell you who they are, sometimes it's best to believe them.

The lone lunatic theory just buries the problem
I wasn't questioning what you said bud i was asking if that was the case.

Just to clarify if it was.construed wrong. I don't mean the whole of the public or world classes Muslim as terrorists. BUT the media in particular instilling that narrative to the world that Muslims are terrorists.

That's what I was getting at. Wasn't implying anyone here or others automatically class Muslims as terrorists.

My big concern is how its portrayed in the media and how it then affects normal Muslims who know such evil ain't no part of their religion or life itself.

Fair enough mate and that is my point.

ANYONE and I mean anyone who commits an act of a terror should be classed as a.lunatic or a terrorist.

Media can't just have one terminology for one nut job and another for someone else especially because of religion.

Fact is media has instilled in people's minds terrorists=Muslims. Sadly I have experienced such terminology especially since 9/11 when was at school in particular.

Something has to be done to class all this nut jobs under the same.umbrella no matter colour of skin or religion.

But fekk all is gona change in that regard.
I cant talk for the media but I was just explaining that I class them all as lunatics, regardless of their skin colour and religion. (y)

Back