Three stabbed to death, several injured in terrorist attack

Again these there are many translation books which is not accurate.

Only true way to understand the Quran is if you speak Arabic as it's written in Arabic.

That's why Arab people who read the holy book know it.inside out and it's explanations of each verse as they know the language.
Thats why I said it's mind blowing with verses then context which is re worded mate as an explanation to what it supposedly means

I understand where ck comes from in regards to being painted with the same brush, no doubt ck has been racially abused in his life, which now makes it personal for him as he has been attacked by racists, one thing i will say is tho CK, the white people who have committed terror related crimes are also terrorist, like the pictures I think @TheSource posted, dont want you to think its just muslims that get the terrorist card thrown at them because I don't personally think it is mate.

Thats why I said it's mind blowing with verses then context which is re worded mate as an explanation to what it supposedly means

Yes those who speak arabic are fortunate to know the true meaning of each verse without any modifications.

Tried to learn Arabic but too difficult for me lol.

For example jihad is so wrongly thought of by most. It isn't an act to kill innocent people. Jihad is where for example a country acts upon war on another where their people are in imminent danger and they have no choice but to kill to protect their own.

Not jihad that is so wrongly construed and taking innocent life, beheading people in streets etc. That ain't jihad.

Yes those who speak arabic are fortunate to know the true meaning of each verse without any modifications.

Tried to learn Arabic but too difficult for me lol.

For example jihad is so wrongly thought of by most. It isn't an act to kill innocent people. Jihad is where for example a country acts upon war on another where their people are in imminent danger and they have no choice but to kill to protect their own.

Not jihad that is so wrongly construed and taking innocent life, beheading people in streets etc. That ain't jihad.

The problem is that your reading above is just that : an interpretation.

Others interpret it very differently. And you cannot say your peaceful version is more correct than the one that leads to gay men being thrown off buildings. The violent reading of Islam is not fringe. Try publishing a picture of the prophet if you don't believe that.

Nor is there a passage that unabiguously says never kill in the name of Allah or some version of it.

For you that is not jihad bit for many it is. As I fear Sunday will have proven.

The problem is that your reading above is just that : an interpretation.

Others interpret it very differently. And you cannot say your peaceful version is more correct than the one that leads to gay men being thrown off buildings. The violent reading of Islam is not fringe. Try publishing a picture of the prophet if you don't believe that.

Nor is there a passage that unabiguously says never kill in the name of Allah or some version of it.

For you that is not jihad bit for many it is. As I fear Sunday will have proven.

Listen I am not here to argue with you or few others of a construed and messed up message some believe about tje religion which is nothing like what is perceived.

You and others can believe what you want. Your entitled to it.

I ain't gona get dragged into back and forth over what you are trying to say.

Feel free though to carry on.

Listen I am not here to argue with you or few others of a construed and messed up message some believe about tje religion which is nothing like what is perceived.

With all due respect and don't take it personally you should be more concerned on how people of your religion view your book rather than how you're perceived in the Media. In one way you're arguing that the Media perceive Muslims as Terrorists and on the other hand you're openly admitting that people interpret the Qur'an incorrectly based on it's translation. Can't you see something is very wrong/worrying there?

That's the point. You or I have no definitive reading.

You can have thousands of people trying to burn down an embassy because of a cartoon or thousand of people wanting to form a state that throws people of buildings. And you can have peaceful dignified communities that abhor violence.

But what you cannot do is claim your reading is definative.

And yes rather than look to criticise the press for a rather measured response to someone slaughtering three innocent men maybe we should be saying that Islamic ideology has a serious problem with bigotry and hatred. Much like the labour movement is trying to deal with anti semetism and western societies are examining racism.

That's the point. You or I have no definitive reading.

You can have thousands of people trying to burn down an embassy because of a cartoon or thousand of people wanting to form a state that throws people of buildings. And you can have peaceful dignified communities that abhor violence.

But what you cannot do is claim your reading is definative.

And yes rather than look to criticise the press for a rather measured response to someone slaughtering three innocent men maybe we should be saying that Islamic ideology has a serious problem with bigotry and hatred. Much like the labour movement is trying to deal with anti semetism and western societies are examining racism.

Last edited:
There's always going to be idiots who use religion to do shitty things, christianity is no different. Go to the bible belt in USA and say you're agnostic, they'll hang you from the nearest tree.
And don't forget they firebomb family planning clinics in the name of christ.
All religions are a crock of shit
That's not to say there's no God
You can believe in God but not in religion which is man made

With all due respect and don't take it personally you should be more concerned on how people of your religion view your book rather than how you're perceived in the Media. In one way you're arguing that the Media perceive Muslims as Terrorists and on the other hand you're openly admitting that people interpret the Qur'an incorrectly based on it's translation. Can't you see something is very wrong/worrying there?

I dont take anything personally. You can have what ever opinion you want about the religion and what ever dont make it a fact.

What I find wrong and worrying is some people just hate muslims because of what stories have been brandished about muslims by the Media at large and not using their own brain to actually understand whether its right or wrong. Whether that is mosques are being open here so mass protest has to happen to prevent it from opening. Or someone shouted "allah akbar" and he is a terrorist.

Read my post before twisting what I said ok. Nothing and I mean nothing in the Quran says that you kill in the name of the almighty or to take life or to murder. There is an exception when it comes to jihad in the act of war where you have no choice. You and others quite frankly perceive the holy book as some sort of evil code for muslims to commits acts of terror or other crimes which is what people like Tommy Robinson are experts jump on to further their own agenda. As I said to baz these english translation books you have alot of the time has errors why I dont know because I aint no expert. But to then just say the Quran itself is at fault is what is messed up. Arabic language is the only way you will understand the whole translation of the quran and yes I dont expect you and most to learn the lanaguage of Arabic as just wont be feasible but then dont start saying the book is perceived wrong when people are not actually translating what is written in the language it was originally written in.

My friend is an Arab and he is fluent in Arabic and has read the quran completely numerous times and knows the translation of all the verses because of the language he speaks. He himself has said the true translation is if you yourself learn and speak arabic not by reading distorted english translations which have numerous mistakes when it comes to translations.

Not really a rant, saying it as it is.

As I said its your opinion just like mine is mine.

My apologies if offended you, that was not my intention. I was merely pointing out how wrongly the book is interpreted by many out there who instantly blame the book and religion for any acts of terror that occur because of what the "supposed" message is.

I can see already this thread maybe getting a bit out of hand and decisive, was not my intention. So will leave it here.

Appreciate replies on this matter nonetheless.

Back