Tivimate 5.0 update channel mess?

5.01 is out..
Update from within Tivimate..
Mine wouldn't update on the firestick so had to download from tivimate.com to update it .

5.01 is out..
Update from within Tivimate..
Mine wouldn't update on the firestick so had to download from tivimate.com to update it .
That's good to see. Hopefully rolls out to us all soon and iron's out all issues. Started getting volume error with 50fps streams today with app not allowing me to adjust the volume with my shield remote.

Think some people aren't happy unless there's some sort of drama surrounding their use of iptv, apart from my shield bricking itself(for which nvidia gave me a new one even though it was hopelessly out of warranty) i've never had any real problems, a little learning is a dangerous thing comes to mind!

From what I have been reading on Reddit this is mainly effecting some subs on Shield and Amazon devices but these are widely used devices, so that may have a bearing on it.
I think this maybe down to the some subs as some have said they are not seeing any issues with their subs on the same devices.
Also some are having to use VCL player instead of the internal player in Tivimate due to picture and sound issues.
You can always rollback to the earlier version if you prefer.

Last edited:
Well as the old saying is "if it ain't broke don't try and fix it" comes to mind. I was happily using version 4.7 and the app itself for many year's since it was first released with no issues. Now all of a sudden he releases an update and everything's mumbo jumbo lol Been through all the settings and no matter what i change it's still not sorting it out. Only options is to try clearing all data or installing version 4.7 again.
Yeah if you do a backup of your data, and save the file locally then if you can uninstall v5.0 and reinstall 4.7, and then you can restore from your backup.

if you downgrade doing a backup will retain all your settings.
Very happy with the present update, all good on my Shield/ Fire Cube and stick! Why would I need to change anything?
No issues with playback sound and a much cleaner layout!

Very happy with the present update, all good on my Shield/ Fire Cube and stick! Why would I need to change anything?
No issues with playback sound and a much cleaner layout!
I have now updated to 5.0.1 and confirm everything is working as it should, include the playlist.

Back