Toilet will not flush

Well i am going to give it a go, to hell with it , worth punt saving 90 bucks, good idea with couple cups though, never thought that would just fingers crossed..lol see if i am an idiot or not..prob

get a coupling kit to when at it . does no harm when your at it

and watch the inlet for it. just incase its a different length. they are shorter than they used to be
so your water inlet may not reach as it did

i think most of old ones have 2 wing nuts under toilet and 2 screwed to the wall, and back lifts of and you take the old one off with grips and replace it with new new one and there should be hole in middle and you do the reverse, i have never taken a back of and never changed a cistern, it sounds easy enough..lol never is with me..
That's why I said take a picture.
Are you saying it's a close coupled cistern?
One that sits on the back of the toilet rather than one that is a foot higher up and connects with a short pipe.

one that sits on the back and you can take back off, pipe at the side and overflow pipe other side, fleebay is good for sht like that, 62 reviews and and got 5 star, so worth a punt at £10

one that sits on the back and you can take back off, pipe at the side and overflow pipe other side, fleebay is good for sht like that, 62 reviews and and got 5 star, so worth a punt at £10
You were asked to take pictures i'm a plumber , don't know if your cistern still has flush pipe or if it is close coupled and if it is close coupled and about 20 years old you will probably need a close-coupling-kit

And also you can just get older type syphon like the picture you posted but get the Dual Flush Syphon Demountable one then you do not need to strip out cistern again to replace syphon or syphon washer (yes you can get plastic washer for syphon the cost pennies) you could also fit a flush valve like Viva Skylo Lever Or Push Button Dual Flush Valve personaly if I had to strip out the cistern and it was that old I would replace all internal parts also you can get blank for over flow as new syphon and flush valves have internal over flow.

I wish you luck if it is close coupled older type with wing nuts they can become rusted spent over an hour before trying to saw them off, not to bad now you can pickup cheap hand grinders :LOL:

You were asked to take pictures i'm a plumber , don't know if your cistern still has flush pipe or if it is close coupled and if it is close coupled and about 20 years old you will probably need a close-coupling-kit

And also you can just get older type syphon like the picture you posted but get the Dual Flush Syphon Demountable one then you do not need to strip out cistern again to replace syphon or syphon washer (yes you can get plastic washer for syphon the cost pennies) you could also fit a flush valve like Viva Skylo Lever Or Push Button Dual Flush Valve personaly if I had to strip out the cistern and it was that old I would replace all internal parts also you can get blank for over flow as new syphon and flush valves have internal over flow.

I wish you luck if it is close coupled older type with wing nuts they can become rusted spent over an hour before trying to saw them off, not to bad now you can pickup cheap hand grinders :LOL:
Hi thanks for all that bit over my head all that, i phoned the guy and said thanks for your help, he replied he ordered a new toilet, i was fuming, i never said once i needed a new toilet, i just said it would not flush...Never got back after that text i never asked for a new toilet, nothing wrong with toilet, just the flushing, cheeky get eh.

Hi thanks for all that bit over my head all that, i phoned the guy and said thanks for your help, he replied he ordered a new toilet, i was fuming, i never said once i needed a new toilet, i just said it would not flush...Never got back after that text i never asked for a new toilet, nothing wrong with toilet, just the flushing, cheeky get eh.
See if I can send a pic .new phone but not great at knowing how save pic here goes.lol

Attachments

• IMG_20200510_132551694.jpg
    IMG_20200510_132551694.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
By the way you need to get a bathroom make over as everything does not match new toilet :X3: :laughing:
I was doing really well took it all apart looking great, now i don't have a pair wrench pliers big enough to get the nut of, under the tank..freaking hell, and now your having a go..lol

I was doing really well took it all apart looking great, now i don't have a pair wrench pliers big enough to get the nut of, under the tank..freaking hell, and now your having a go..lol
Try holding the nut and turning the syphon a bit at a time or get junior hacksaw and cut the nut. I take it you have already bought the syphon.

Back